Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Whoa - didn't mean for that post to run together like that. How do you separate lines / paragraphs?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Heavy:
    What's up guys? I figured I'd jump in and introduce myself since this thread was still going strong. I've been dabbling with cigars for many years, got a humidor about 4 years ago, but have really started getting into cigars, trying to learn more about differnt types, wrappers, vitolas etc. this year. Have made a couple of purchases thru cigar.com and have had nothing but great experiences. I also made a couple of posts on the Cigar 101 forum when I was having some humidity and hygrometer issues - the responses were very helpful and much appreciated! Very cool gesture to start this thread and keep it going. Shows what a cool group of BOTLs there are here. I'm not a huge poster (more of a lurker) but I'll definitely pop my head into this forum to see what's going on whenever I can. Cheers! Heavy

welcome...
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Maybe a Perdomo Habano Connecticut might be up your alley. They are fairly mild but have a lot of flavor.

I second that...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Heavy welcome to the group. kas
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Heavy nice of you to drop by.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome 'bro
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Welcome! To insert a "line break" you need to use html code. Html is fairly simple. Use the <> symbols and insert BR in it for a line break. Twice if you want a full space in between paragraphs.

Like that.

Here's a site where I learned some basic HTML code: VietFun Home
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    Whoa - didn't mean for that post to run together like that. How do you separate lines / paragraphs?
    Welcome to the boards! Great bunch of guys here! Be careful though... This place can be addictive! Hope you enjoy the boards and we are glad to have you.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Very cool.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome to heavy, and all new members who I may have missed in the last few days. Grab a chair boy's...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Welcome to heavy, and all new members who I may have missed in the last few days. Grab a chair boy's...
    Lakers... we're running out of room, can you turn that chair upside down? It'll seat more!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Hello to all, Steve here a.k.a Diamondog...new to the forum, looks like fun. I have been into cigars only for a few years now, a trip to the Dominican gave me the bug....been stocking my humi with some nice stuff from here...I live in Ottawa Canada, I'll be around...
  • Options
    Welcome Steve. Do you like the movie Multiplicity? One of my favorites! "Pizza Steve". Best line in any movie ever. Guess you had to see it.
  • Options
    Been so long since I've seen it, Michael Keaton right? lol...
  • Options
    Welcome to all the guys.. I like when the new guys are Canadians.. We can talk hockey, and look forward to interesting trades.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Welcome to all the guys.. I like when the new guys are Canadians.. We can talk hockey, and look forward to interesting trades.
    And talk about back bacon EH! and drinking beers EH! Take off you knobs and hosers!
  • Options
    specospeco Posts: 3
    Big Smile [:D]   sounds good, will definitely try it when I got a chance! 

j0z3r:
    Maybe a Perdomo Habano Connecticut might be up your alley. They are fairly mild but have a lot of flavor.
  • Options
    Sup, new dudes....
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Bump, bump, bump it up!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Welcome! To insert a "line break" you need to use html code. Html is fairly simple. Use the <> symbols and insert BR in it for a line break. Twice if you want a full space in between paragraphs.

Like that.

Here's a site where I learned some basic HTML code: VietFun Home
    Dude you were sup. to get that to me a week ago!!! Oh well better late than never.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Well, I've been lurking around here for about a month, placed a couple of orders, and even posted a couple of times, though I've never poked my head in on this thread to say hi yet. So, I'm a newbie to the site and somewhat to smoking. So "hi" to everyone. I hope to become a regular here!
  • Options
    BStayer:
    Well, I've been lurking around here for about a month, placed a couple of orders, and even posted a couple of times, though I've never poked my head in on this thread to say hi yet. So, I'm a newbie to the site and somewhat to smoking. So "hi" to everyone. I hope to become a regular here!
    Welcome!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome ...
  • Options
    yo....
  • Options
    Hi all. Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    ... when 900 years you reach, look as good ...you will not ! Stayer, welcome you are..
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    ... when 900 years you reach, look as good ...you will not ! Slayer, welcome you are..
    I bet if I was high right now, that'd be so hilarious I couldn't breath (and I'd be hungry)
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    kaspera79:
    ... when 900 years you reach, look as good ...you will not ! Stayer, welcome you are..

Told you did he? Unfortunate this is. That my age you know. Seeing your welcome brings warm feelings to my heart.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I'm Dennis. 33, live in Salem OR. I started enjoying cigars about 8 years ago, or at least I tried. I smoked them too fast, they weren't stored properly, etc. My best friends father in law used to give him boxes of Indian Tabacs so we would smoke those and that's what got me started. I still like all Rocky Patels/ITC for the most part, some Fuente's, although the higher end (OpusX) are hard to come by in my area. I also like a lot of Perdomos, the Habano Maduro is a fav. of mine. I tend to like the darker or spicier cigars. I stumbled across the forum by accident, I just placed my second order on here for the Gurkha deal so I'm looking forward to trying something new.
    Anyway, nice to meet all of you, I'm looking forward to learning more.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    I'm Dennis. 33, live in Salem OR. I started enjoying cigars about 8 years ago, or at least I tried. I smoked them too fast, they weren't stored properly, etc. My best friends father in law used to give him boxes of Indian Tabacs so we would smoke those and that's what got me started. I still like all Rocky Patels/ITC for the most part, some Fuente's, although the higher end (OpusX) are hard to come by in my area. I also like a lot of Perdomos, the Habano Maduro is a fav. of mine. I tend to like the darker or spicier cigars. I stumbled across the forum by accident, I just placed my second order on here for the Gurkha deal so I'm looking forward to trying something new. Anyway, nice to meet all of you, I'm looking forward to learning more.
    Deleted