Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I would give you all a brief introduction of myself. I have only been a member of this site a few days now, but I have already read some many post and really like what is goind on here. I am 29 years old from the Richmond, VA area, began smoking cigars last year or so. Really have only messed with some flavored ones by CAO and Drew Estate, but I am looking forward to trying many different brands and sizes. So get at me if you have suggestions you would like to throw my way.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    smoke em if you got em:
    Just thought I would give you all a brief introduction of myself. I have only been a member of this site a few days now, but I have already read some many post and really like what is goind on here. I am 29 years old from the Richmond, VA area, began smoking cigars last year or so. Really have only messed with some flavored ones by CAO and Drew Estate, but I am looking forward to trying many different brands and sizes. So get at me if you have suggestions you would like to throw my way.
    Welcome aboard. Good to have you with us.
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Welcome to everyone and good to see you back Lassy.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Welcome to everyone and good to see you back Lassy.
    Tanx!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome to the new guys and good to see my Miller Lite buddy ( Lassy) back ... I saved yiou a stool at the bar .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Welcome to the new guys and good to see my Miller Lite buddy ( Lassy) back ... I saved yiou a stool at the bar .
    Ahhhhh... I always need something sturdy to fall off of!
  • Options
    kos22uskos22us Posts: 47
    i've already posted several times ,but i am a newb to this site and cigars, im 30 years old and i live in a little town in central pennsylvania called lewistown, i dont have many friends and although it is nice to enjoy a cigar by yourself it can kinda get boring so i found my way here, ps. i just realized cigar.com is in pa and not that far from my house ... Jack in PA
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kos22us:
    i've already posted several times ,but i am a newb to this site and cigars, im 30 years old and i live in a little town in central pennsylvania called lewistown, i dont have many friends and although it is nice to enjoy a cigar by yourself it can kinda get boring so i found my way here, ps. i just realized cigar.com is in pa and not that far from my house ... Jack in PA
    You might have just caught that... my first reaction was, damn, what a lucky *** he is ! LMAO

Welcome to the forums Jack. You will have no shortage of friends now sir. This place is awesome and C.COM as you likely already know is awesome as well. Glad to have you on board sir. What are some of your favorite sticks?
  • Options
    So I've been lurking around the forums for a while now. I've been smoking cigars for years, but only in the last 6 months have I been smoking good cigars i.e. no more swishers, phillies... etc. I don't even consider those to be cigars anymore. Anyway, ccom has become somewhat of an addiction and due to the great deals, have recently ordered my third humidor. They fill up too quickly. I'm 28 years old and live near Chicago and discovered I really enjoy full bodied sticks, especially maduros.
  • Options
    sppd81:
    So I've been lurking around the forums for a while now. I've been smoking cigars for years, but only in the last 6 months have I been smoking good cigars i.e. no more swishers, phillies... etc. I don't even consider those to be cigars anymore. Anyway, ccom has become somewhat of an addiction and due to the great deals, have recently ordered my third humidor. They fill up too quickly. I'm 28 years old and live near Chicago and discovered I really enjoy full bodied sticks, especially maduros.
    Welcome! Stick around and have some fun!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome sppd81 ... great bunch of BOTL's here ...
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    sppd81:

Welcome to the jungle Brother..... Loving the Maduros Myself! Ive got a Bunch of friends in the Michigan City Area.Gurnee, Lake Geneva... Love that area except for the Winters! LOL
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Good to have ya abord. Nothing better than these guys to point in the direction of great smokes
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Welcome sppd! :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey sppd.. Welcome to our humble home. PM me with what part of the Chicago area you live in, maybe we can get together for a smoke.
  • Options
    Hi gents, just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful reviews and such.
    Been a tobacco proponent for about eighteen years.

Recently I've been smoking Rocky Patel blends for cigars, and Cavendish out of my Meerschaum Calabash.  I've got a box press CAO sampler on order.

Happy smoking to all forum members.
  • Options
    Matt Nelson:
    Hi gents, just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful reviews and such.
    Been a tobacco proponent for about eighteen years.

Recently I've been smoking Rocky Patel blends for cigars, and Cavendish out of my Meerschaum Calabash.  I've got a box press CAO sampler on order.

Happy smoking to all forum members.
    Happy Smoking Matt! And Welcome!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Hey guys, been a Ccom customer and forum reader for years so I figured I’d finally join up. I started off chewing way back in high school, but moved into cigars about 8 or 9 years ago. Still sneak the occasional chew where smoke isn’t allowed, in Tobaccophobic California, but I definitely prefer a good cigar when smoking with my buddies or solo in the backyard with the dogs. My preference is a cigar with medium to full body with just enough spice. Current go to sticks are the La Gloria Cubana Original Blend, Don Pepin Garcia Originals, Diesel unholy cocktail, Oliva Series V and when I want something milder I grab a Gurkha Master’s Select Perfecto. Big fan of Ccom, and everything they do here, so it’s good to finally join the forum.
  • Options
    boydmcgowan:
    Hey guys, been a Ccom customer and forum reader for years so I figured I’d finally join up. I started off chewing way back in high school, but moved into cigars about 8 or 9 years ago. Still sneak the occasional chew where smoke isn’t allowed, in Tobaccophobic California, but I definitely prefer a good cigar when smoking with my buddies or solo in the backyard with the dogs. My preference is a cigar with medium to full body with just enough spice. Current go to sticks are the La Gloria Cubana Original Blend, Don Pepin Garcia Originals, Diesel unholy cocktail, Oliva Series V and when I want something milder I grab a Gurkha Master’s Select Perfecto. Big fan of Ccom, and everything they do here, so it’s good to finally join the forum.
    Welcome to the forums brother...what kind of tobacco do you dip?
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    boydmcgowan:
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm mostly a long leaf chew kinda guy, so I usually just grab a pouch of Redman original or the Golden Blend when I can find it. If I feel like a dip instead I'll grap whatever, but the long leaf stuff always seemed way easier to deal with. Just grab a wad, stuff it in your cheek, and chew on it once it dries up. Love the taste of it too.
  • Options
    boydmcgowan:
    smoke em if you got em:
    boydmcgowan:
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm mostly a long leaf chew kinda guy, so I usually just grab a pouch of Redman original or the Golden Blend when I can find it. If I feel like a dip instead I'll grap whatever, but the long leaf stuff always seemed way easier to deal with. Just grab a wad, stuff it in your cheek, and chew on it once it dries up. Love the taste of it too.
    Thats cool man...i typically dip grizzly wintergreen..or at least i have been for the past 3 years..never went for the chew but I might have to try it one of these days.
  • Options
    Yeah, I definitely recommend it. Also, its kinda random, but since its unflavored and super moist, I store whatever pouches I have in my humidor and it seems to help keep a more constant humidity for everything in there in case I forget to refill the humidifers when I should.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Welcome Bro
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Big welcome to the new brothers! Glad to see more guys from CA 'round these parts, and I assure you guys - you won't regret joining the forum in a big way.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Welcome Matt!
  • Options
    sppd81sppd81 Posts: 26
    kaspera79:
    Hey sppd.. Welcome to our humble home. PM me with what part of the Chicago area you live in, maybe we can get together for a smoke.
    Thanks Kasper, PM sent.
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Hey, just a reminder for the new guys to post here...it's been awhile since someone introduced themselves on this thread.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, been smoking cigars for only 3 months now. Hung around here, lurking, picked up good advice and have been going broke ever since. Tried 17 different brands/types so far, got 2 humis going and having a great time. Live up in southern Maine with my wife, both looking forward to retirement...... and spring.
  • Options
    Bishop88Bishop88 Posts: 13

Greetings Everyone,

Just noticed this thread a few pages in, some of you I have already met as I have posted a few times elsewhere, thought I'd properly introduce myself.  I was an occasional cigar smoker up until recently, I am currently stationed in Iraq and there is just more time on the clock than cigars in my humidor these days.  I've become a huge fan of the fuller bodied cigars recently, but still enjoy the occasional MOW Virtue or something of the like.  Look forward to being a member of this community, seems like a great bunch of folks on here. 

Stay Frosty...