Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Welcome Nick and be safe!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Nick, nice to have you with us.. Visit often it is a nice break from the tough job you perform.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    Hello everyone. I'm a newb who just started enjoying cigars. I have tried several of the Arturo Fuentes and a few Rocky Patels. I just ordered the RP sampler and will soon order the 5 Vegas Gold sampler. I love the site, but is there a glossary somewhere. I don't know what some of the abriviations mean ( ISOM, BORK, BOTL). Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Hey Big John..It's learn as you go .. ISOM.... Island south of Miami ( cuba) BOTL.. Brothers of the leaf ( you, me, and all cigars smokers) BORK same as BOTL except these guys have fat fingers that strike the wrong keys ( this is a private joke here. ) B&M Brick and Mortar ( cigar shop) There are more just stick around and you will catch on.
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Welcome Big John. Hope you enjoy. Lots of good info and fun here. Trading here can be a good way to try some great sticks. Feel free to add more info to your profile. You never know when an unexpected bomb, (sticks delivered to your door), may come your way.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Welcome yeah we abbrevate alot you will catch on quick. We all started as a newb and none of us look down on the next. There are no stupid questions so just ask if you don't know. Also look around on the threads there is alot of information on these boards.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    Thanks everyone. I have already learned a lot from this site. Now I have a long list of cigars that I want to try. Might need to get a bigger humi. I also think i need to make a smoking room in my house! Its not going to happen, but it would be nice.
  • Options
    Welcome to the boards Big John.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome and be safe.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    quix24quix24 Posts: 66
    Hello all, I'm John, 25, and I'm currently in the Air Force stationed in South Carolina. I have been smoking cigars for less than a year. My wife recently bought me a 50 count humidor so i'm ready to try any I can get my hands on. I looking forward to smoking with all of you!!
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Welcome John.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Hey John,, Welcome, there are several military guys here with us, as well as Yankee fans. You should fit in well.
  • Options
    quix24quix24 Posts: 66
    Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to learning all I can from the forum. It's helped alot with my humi already.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Welcome John
  • Options
    hardbuckhardbuck Posts: 14
    Welcome noobs! Can't wait to start hearing your experiences.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    To all the new johns, welcome. I've been a john before.
  • Options
    RoughscotsmanRoughscotsman Posts: 39
    Hi everyone, another noob here. Just started smoking cigars a month ago and have only just got my humidor properly set up after some much needed help from an awesome forum member called Sol. Been looking through lots of your guys helpfull posts and some of the C.com media videos for advice and tips and am looking forward to learning more from all you wise botl. I'm from sunny Scotland in the uk and am just eagerly awaiting my first sampler orders so I can get testing :D
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Welcome...
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Roughscotsman:
    Hi everyone, another noob here. Just started smoking cigars a month ago and have only just got my humidor properly set up after some much needed help from an awesome forum member called Sol. Been looking through lots of your guys helpfull posts and some of the C.com media videos for advice and tips and am looking forward to learning more from all you wise botl. I'm from sunny Scotland in the uk and am just eagerly awaiting my first sampler orders so I can get testing :D
    Welcome to the boards. Since you've been talking to Sol, I'm sure you've seen the destruction we've rained upon our Welsh BORK.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm Sam...a newbie to the forum AND a newbie cigar smoker.

Thanks for providing this welcoming thread and a great forum. I've really enjoyed looking around so far.

ST
  • Options
    I had a look when he told me about it. Was crazy! He told me it was an awesome community and I guess that proved it and then some. Was an impressive sight to see them all lined up on the flag :)
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Roughscotsman:
    I had a look when he told me about it. Was crazy! He told me it was an awesome community and I guess that proved it and then some. Was an impressive sight to see them all lined up on the flag :)
    It's a great group here. If you ever get a chance, you should drop a line for rossdavey. He's an expat Scot living in Georgia and a contributor for a review site that I am a part of (wbfiller.com).
  • Options
    Ah nice, I may just do that. I'll take a look at the site too ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hello,

Today was my first day on "Ccom" and I knew right away this would be my little corner for awhile.

I'm James, 40, and live in Chula Vista, CA. I've recently just started on my cigar journey, only having smoked about 10 cigars, but by the 3rd one I was hooked.

I have a ton of questions being a newbie and all but I'm going to scour the posts some first as I'm sure most as answered there.

Mucho Gusto,

James
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Welcome to all of ya.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been on here in awhile... so I may seem like a n00b to most here.... But I'm not... and if you think that, then you need to send me some Diesel's to appease me!
  • Options
    shawtdshawtd Posts: 72
    Hey, I'm a newbie. Been reading for a few days and thought I should say hi. Just got my first humi and have been reading here to get it all seasoned and ready to go. Thanks already for getting me started.

shawtd
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I haven't been on here in awhile... so I may seem like a n00b to most here.... But I'm not... and if you think that, then you need to send me some Diesel's to appease me!
    noob alert fellas, and he's tryin to pass himself off as one of us. Smile [:)] Welcome back Lassy, this place doesn't have nearly enough beer-fueled raunchiness without you around.

Welcome shawtd, stick around for a while, lots of good info around.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    noob alert fellas, and he's tryin to pass himself off as one of us. Smile [:)] Welcome back Lassy, this place doesn't have nearly enough beer-fueled raunchiness without you around.

Good to be back... and I'm armed with Vodka, Scotch and Beer as well... So... look out
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:

Good to be back... and I'm armed with Vodka, Scotch and Beer as well... So... look out
    Ruh roh rassy.