Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    DragonsGrace:
    Hey everybody new poster here. Been smoking cigars since the day I turned 18. I live in Tucson Az and I am currently 22. Right now I am puffing on a Saint Luis Rey Series G which I found to be my everyday go to. I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and look forward to future discussions.
    Welcome. I've always like this thread and it disappears once in a while. Get ready to have some fun. The biggest think I've learned in over a year is that the cigars here are half of what you pay in the shops but you buy three times as much. LOL
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    DragonsGrace:
    Hey everybody new poster here. Been smoking cigars since the day I turned 18. I live in Tucson Az and I am currently 22. Right now I am puffing on a Saint Luis Rey Series G which I found to be my everyday go to. I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and look forward to future discussions.
    Welcome. I've always like this thread and it disappears once in a while. Get ready to have some fun. The biggest think I've learned in over a year is that the cigars here are half of what you pay in the shops but you buy three times as much. LOL
    lol thats extremely true! I did just goto a B&M for a Casa Magna tho....lol
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    gravitylabgravitylab Posts: 16
    Hey Everyone. I've recently started posting my 2 cents here and there but yet to officially announce myself as a forum newb! Been checking this board religiously as this hobby has become an obsession. Looking forward to all the tips, advice, recommendations, and conversations that take place here!
  • Options
    decdec Posts: 6
    Hi All: I've been into cigars for less than a year. Don't smoke everyday, but loving every minute when I do. I'm amazed at how my tastes have changed since I began. Finding the C.com community very friendly and informative. Thanks for all the expertise.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    welcome! lots of great guys here and tons of info! hope you stick around!
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome gents. I agree shop prices are outrageous, Even more so know that my friend there quit :/ oh well.
  • Options
    DADIKSMANDADIKSMAN Posts: 2
    hello guys whats smoking im a really good smoker politic talking plumber from chicago baby
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey dadiksman, welcome to the forum Chicago brother.. And thanks for bumping up the welcome mat.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to all of our new brothers
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from Denver to all our new friends. Tons of great people here!
  • Options
    lost108lost108 Posts: 7
    its awesome to see such a tight community. I cant wait to learn all that i can from your guys. :)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome new guys !!!
  • Options
    hardbuckhardbuck Posts: 14
    Hey folks. I'm Chris and I am a military officer. I reside in Las Vegas but am currently deployed to a country where I can smoke real Cubans each day. I recently bought a 125 humidor and sent it back home. The wife set it up and it is awaiting my return (along with the two sampler packs I bought from CC). I found this site on my quest to find cigars comparable to what I'm smoking now. I really enjoy the tons of info here as well as the customer service of this company. Have purchased a couple daily deals and am looking for more. I appreciate the "community" aspect of this site and hope I can learn a ton as well as share my future experiences.
  • Options
    We welcome you good sir. Enjoy the forum as much as everyone else does!
  • Options
    Welcome hardbuck, now get back soon.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    welcome aboard hardbuck. yes another las vegas member. look forward to getting enough guys together for a gathering someday
  • Options
    mavmech13mavmech13 Posts: 37
    New guy to the forums and cigar smoking in general from Wyoming here. I look forward to learning a lot here.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Welcome hardbuck and mavmech13.
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Welcome hardbuck and mavmech13
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to CCom, hardbuck, mavmech, and lcplee. Wow. First a squid (interpim), then a flyboy officer (hardbuck), and now another jarhead (lcplee). Where are all the Army grunts :( Tatuaje and I are getting lonely.
  • Options

Hello, I’m a Chief Petty Officer in the Coast Guard, have a house in Michigan, but currently live on ship in Cape May NJ. I was a former cigarette smoker that quit 15 years ago, but I occasionally enjoyed a pipe from time to time. About two weeks ago I was in Cuba (Guantanamo Bay)and thought “why not start smoking cigars”? I bought four boxes to find out what I liked.

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Well I'm jealous of the ISOMs that's for sure. Enjoy and welcome to Ccom.
  • Options
    Welcome madurosmoker.. another military guy representing. I think you are the only Coast Guard member here.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    WELCOME, to all new members from the last few days. I have been missing this thread the last few days.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    glad to have you all here, welcome aboard.
  • Options

kaspera79:
    Welcome madurosmoker.. another military guy representing. I think you are the only Coast Guard member here.

I finally get to be first at something.

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Welcome to all the new fellas who have arrived.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    Welcome to all the new fellas who have arrived.
    +1
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Hello All,
    I'm Nick and am currently in Iraq...never really got into cigars until I got here and it seems like I can't get away from them :) Wife got me a humidor a year ago and it usually only had a couple of cigars in it. Now that my friends turned me on, she's sending me cigars every week. Figured I would try samplers and see what I like then get more of the cigars I like when I return! Great site and a great group of people! Look forward to meeting you all.
  • Options
    Nick2021:
    Hello All, I'm Nick and am currently in Iraq...never really got into cigars until I got here and it seems like I can't get away from them :) Wife got me a humidor a year ago and it usually only had a couple of cigars in it. Now that my friends turned me on, she's sending me cigars every week. Figured I would try samplers and see what I like then get more of the cigars I like when I return! Great site and a great group of people! Look forward to meeting you all.
    Welcome brother. Hope your tour is nearing the end.