Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Andrew, it's a pleasure to have you join us buddy! Have fun and thanks for joining us! -- Jarman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Hey Andrew! Welcome! Nice to have additional members with some time under their belt. +1 for me and the new smokers.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to ALL!
  • Options
    Thank you to all for the welcomes. ill will be looking forward to getting to know all of you and meeting you, if and when you are in the area

-Andrew

Why pay $100 on a therapy session when you can spend $25 on a cigar? Whatever it is will come back; so what, smoke another one.
    Raul Julia

• Options
    Hello! My name is Joe. (Hi Joe). And I am a cigaraholic. I have been lurking around here for a few months so I decided to join in on the fun. Some background: I used to smoke several years ago when I was in the army. Quit. Now I'm back. Loving (almost) every smoke. Big fan of the harder stuff (how do I get that MoW badge?) but also dig connies with my morning coffee. Haven't had a Cameroon yet that I like but always willing to give a blend several tries before I write it off. Cheers!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum Joe! MOW badge is smoking the MOW Original, Ruination and Virtue all in the same day. You can add the Special Edition, Puro Authentico, Armada and Maduro but the original version of the badge is to smoke all 3 in a day.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    A big HELLO to all of the new folk.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    hey im DJ from lower NY but upstate for city dwellers. Ive been smoking occasionally for like 4 years. Pretty much have stuck to Olivas. Now im getting more into and trying tons of stuff. Stoked to learn more and see whats good!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum DJ!
  • Options
    DelanDelan Posts: 4
    My name is Delan Williams. So far I've only tried flavored cigars, but I'd like to try fuller flavored and stronger Cigars. I'm still developing my taste preferences. Looking to learn from anyone With experience to help decide what cigars would be good choices for a beginner.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Forums Delan, its nice to have you with us! It's a great group of guys, so stick around, there are lots of people with great experience and a lot of knowledge to learn from ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been on this one in a bit but welcome to all the new guys. You'll find a ton of people here willing to giv you any advice you may need.
  • Options
    And a Welcome to any and all I may have missed! Welcome brothers and stay and enjoy!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the new guys, love seeing more people join in with us here
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Welcome folks, I see that our brotherhood is growing...unlike the economy..lol. Happy to have ya.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Hey all I am Jimmy. Made my first post last night asking for suggestions. I have recently started enjoying cigars due to my girls father. Started buying my own cigars once me and my girl moved out of state. Just recently bought my first humidors and a couple of 10 packs. Enjoying what i have in my beautiful new state. Aside from cigars i enjoy whiskey, photography, and the great outdoors ohh and i still collect comic books. Currently getting my masters in public administration. Nice to meet you all, and thanks to every one for replying to my form i have a great list of next purchase going so far! keep em' coming
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums sir. There is quite a bit of information and knowlege within the digital walls of this forum. There are some great guys in here. Stick around for a while, read, and have fun. You'll need a bigger humidor. Get a cooler.

Check out the Newbie Trading Thread when you get a chance and see if you are interested.
  • Options
    .....Name is Rich. Good to be here. Love Cigar Forums. Current favorite smoke is AVE MARIA. PERDOMO RESERVE CHAMPAGNE a close runner-up.
  • Options
    Good afternoon, all! My name is Dave, I've just recently gotten back into cigars and, so far, these forums have been a huge help. East Idaho isn't very awesome for cigar shops, so I anticipate the bulk of my tobacco purchases will be through Cigar.com. Currently my 150 count humidor is only a quarter full, but I already have dozens of ideas on new sticks to buy thanks to you! Y'all seem like good folks and I'm excited to be part of your community.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Dave, It's nice to have you here. With all the games and bombs and suggestions around here, I am sure that Humidor will be filled in no time.
  • Options
    Welcome to everyone new who has been joining us, it is great to have all of you join us!
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    90+ Irishman:
    Welcome to everyone new who has been joining us, it is great to have all of you join us!
    +1 welcome all new BOTL's!! This is a fantastic community with some of the best people around
  • Options
    CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Thanks madurofan. I also consider myself a newbie. I started looking back into cigar smoking about a year ago and have been working my way through the thousands of options available. :-/ I learn a ton from these forums and I attribute my enjoyment directly to the internet and these forums. I had tried this as a hobby about 15 years ago and quit after buying a couple of boxes of expensive smokes only to be quite disappointed. I had little to no guidance then. This time around it was a funeral of an elderly gentleman that I became friends with that got me interested again. Sounds strange, but the man I am referring to lived a long, active, wonderful life with fantastic children and grandchildren. As I was sitting there I realized life was to short to deny myself anymore of my experiences. I wanted to at least try everything reasonably within my grasp. So far so good.
  • Options
    To all the new guys who have posted up in here recently, welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    ENFIDL:
    To all the new guys who have posted up in here recently, welcome to the forums!
    +5. I think that's how many new guys have posted here. Welcome! Ask lots of questions like I do! You always get great answers to choose from!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the Drapes AND Squares that have come! The one thing that bonds us is Love and Cigars!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Lasabar:
    Welcome to all the Drapes AND Squares that have come! The one thing that bonds us is Love and Cigars!
    that's 2 things... just sayin. LMAO
  • Options
    mattycmattyc Posts: 5
    Hey all. New to the site and the forums. Been smoking cigars for about a year now, usually have one with a scotch or Jameson. I've been reading through the forums while at work, and this seems like a great bunch of folks on here.
  • Options
    Hey everyone!!!! Been smokin cigars now for a couple years, but recently have become a little more serious. I bought me a 200 count humidor and have been trying to fill it with a variety of sticks. Started out as mild and have worked twords medium to full blend. Have a buddy who posts and it seems like everyone is pretty cool on here. So I thought I might throw a post out there to say "Hi".