Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    Hello everyone! Some of you probably know who I am already I am Irishman's better half Amanda.

I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to cigars, but thanks to my hubby I have learned a few things about them since my first cigar the day after Irishman and I got married. I have done a bit of research on my own about cigars, but mainly I enjoy sitting back and enjoying a stick with my husband at home with our dad or tagging along to the B&M to smoke a couple of sticks and have some of the most fascinating converstaions with strangers and friends a person could ever ask for.

I'm still pretty new to this having finally set up my own humi for the infused cigars that others have gifted me through Brett and leaving all the rest in the regular humi that I get to enjoy with my hubby.

Please be kind everyone I'm still getting used to the whole cigar smoking lifestyle that I enjoy with so many people.
    Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    Hello everyone! Some of you probably know who I am already I am Irishman's better half Amanda.

I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to cigars, but thanks to my hubby I have learned a few things about them since my first cigar the day after Irishman and I got married. I have done a bit of research on my own about cigars, but mainly I enjoy sitting back and enjoying a stick with my husband at home with our dad or tagging along to the B&M to smoke a couple of sticks and have some of the most fascinating converstaions with strangers and friends a person could ever ask for.

I'm still pretty new to this having finally set up my own humi for the infused cigars that others have gifted me through Brett and leaving all the rest in the regular humi that I get to enjoy with my hubby.

Please be kind everyone I'm still getting used to the whole cigar smoking lifestyle that I enjoy with so many people.
    Glad to see you joined in our Reindeer Games baby! And of course a big welcome and this way everyone can "meet" you now and you can get a little more involved instead of just behind the scenes, and have some fun with trades and passes with you as well :)

I already know the type of welcome you all will give to her, so thanks ahead of time brothers ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    This could be a good time.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    IrishAJ:

Call me a child, I still chuckle every-time I hear/read when a girl says she enjoys smoking a stick. DOH!

Besides that, WELCOME!!!!!
  • Options
    Bucking W:
    I think I missed this thread. Yes, my hats off to you guys that have already welcomed me here and traded with me. I have been burning sticks since 1990 when the Cigar boom starting to hit. First smoke was a Swisher but the real deal came to me as a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur soon to follow a Punch and I was trying everything after that, hook, line, sinker, DONE!!! In 94 I smoked the Habana Gold Sterling Label, Man that was a good cigar at a great price, what I would do for one today. I got really big into Cigars where I seriously thought I was going to make our guest room closet into a humidor. I've since smoked them down and now keep it simple to a few brands I really like. I have been a LEO for 16 years and live outside of Austin on a couple of acres of land. The best smokes are on my back porch over looking the countryside with a few good friends. I've learned over time it's not the big stash you collect it's who you enjoy them with and since being on Ccom I have really enjoyed trading with you guys. One last thing, you ever come to Austin, Texas let me know, I belong to a private lounge (Bolivar Lounge) you choose the cigar and drink and it's on me. Thanks for the hospitality, the website, and the great cigars.
    I.MUST.GO.TO.AUSTIN. Really though I hear it's great out there and would indeed like to come out some time. WELCOME!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    IrishAJ:

Call me a child, I still chuckle every-time I hear/read when a girl says she enjoys smoking a stick. DOH!

You are such a child,,, snicker snicker,,,me too,,lol>>A big welcome to the Mrs. and to all
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    jasonusa1:
    IrishAJ:

Giggle all you want but you have to admit it's damn sexy when a woman smokes a cigar. ;P
  • Options
    Bucking W:
    I think I missed this thread. Yes, my hats off to you guys that have already welcomed me here and traded with me. I have been burning sticks since 1990 when the Cigar boom starting to hit. First smoke was a Swisher but the real deal came to me as a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur soon to follow a Punch and I was trying everything after that, hook, line, sinker, DONE!!! In 94 I smoked the Habana Gold Sterling Label, Man that was a good cigar at a great price, what I would do for one today. I got really big into Cigars where I seriously thought I was going to make our guest room closet into a humidor. I've since smoked them down and now keep it simple to a few brands I really like. I have been a LEO for 16 years and live outside of Austin on a couple of acres of land. The best smokes are on my back porch over looking the countryside with a few good friends. I've learned over time it's not the big stash you collect it's who you enjoy them with and since being on Ccom I have really enjoyed trading with you guys. One last thing, you ever come to Austin, Texas let me know, I belong to a private lounge (Bolivar Lounge) you choose the cigar and drink and it's on me. Thanks for the hospitality, the website, and the great cigars.
    Bucking, brother we are all d@mn glad to have you here being part of this community! That is truly a great offer and very generous, I used to live in Plano and haven't been back down there for about 7 years... last time was the 2004 on the Hot Rod Power Tour that kicked off at The Ballpark at Arlington.... helluva time for sure!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    IrishAJ:
    jasonusa1:
    IrishAJ:

Giggle all you want but you have to admit it's damn sexy when a woman smokes a cigar. ;P
    haha AGREED.
  • Options
    IrishAJ:
    jasonusa1:
    IrishAJ:

God I want to comment on this but.... DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!

Fair and safe comment however is, YES damned sexy to see a woman smoking a cigar, especially mine ;)
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Third thumbs up to all sexy women with cigars! My wife is in that list.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Welcome to all the noobs. Hope you enjoy this place as much as the rest of us do.
  • Options
    asianbiker8:
    Third thumbs up to all sexy women with cigars! My wife is in that list.
    My hats off to your wife...I am not stupid enough to think I'm hotter than another man's wife.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    You guys crack me up...

Nice to see you officially join and welcome to the madness Amanda. One of my first trades was with Irish and he helped me out with something above and beyond what our trade was which I thought was pretty cool. It's not too often you join a forum like this and are immediately welcomed with open arms and treated so well. It definitely makes it a much better place and gives us newbies an example to follow and pass on as we get established and other new members join.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome Amanda, good to see Brett's better half around here...we've seen enough of the other half.Wink [;)]
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Welcome Amanda, good to see Brett's better half around here...we've seen enough of the other half.Wink [;)]
    BWAHAHAHA... I'll give you a half of something to look at Joe! Send me a GoF or something and I'll show you a better half and ship it back ;P lol jk.... thanks for the warm welcome though Joe and everyone else to my wife!
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Amanda. And I want to apologize now for what i will be doing to your mailbox.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Welcome Amanda. And I want to apologize now for what i will be doing to your mailbox.
    That's not fair you all have already blown apart my mail box by just sending Brett stuff
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    JHewey:
    That's not fair you all have already blown apart my mail box by just sending Brett stuff
    Well i owe brett for my mailbox. So only returning the favor.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    j0z3r:
    BWAHAHAHA... I'll give you a half of something to look at Joe! Send me a GoF or something and I'll show you a better half and ship it back ;P lol jk.... thanks for the warm welcome though Joe and everyone else to my wife!
    I can say I'm the better looking of the half with the red hair and everything :p (love you baby). But he does beat me on the cigar and math thing.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    IrishAJ:
    JHewey:
    Thanks baby(aka Brett), I have a feeling my little humi is just not going to be enough anymore.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    IrishAJ:
    JHewey:
    IrishAJ:
    JHewey:
    Thanks baby(aka Brett), I have a feeling my little humi is just not going to be enough anymore.
    That is true....Now that I think of it, it's not gonna take long at all after your welcome gift departs the Ville..... :-).
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Even though I've had 30 something posts already, I just noticed this post and wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm married and have been for 30 years to a really great guy. Our pastimes include riding our Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic, camping in our RV. I personally love to read, collect coins and I'm an avid history lover, especially Civil War, American Indian, WW2, and ancient civilizations. I also love astronomy and wonder about the vastness of our universe. I'm a science lover. These loves really separate me from lots of other women, so why in the world would I not go ahead and smoke cigars, lol! We have 2 daughters, one is 26 and married, and the other is 21 and in medical school. I'm very proud of them both. I'm a registered nurse. I was attracted to the smell of cigars when I bought a cigar box to store my collector coins in a few weeks ago. One thing led to another and I found myself wanting to actually smoke one, which led me to researching it on the internet, and thus finding you nice people. This is the best forum I've ever come across and I do so appreciate you all making me feel so welcome. Oh, and I'm from the south, born and bred!
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Salem:
    Even though I've had 30 something posts already, I just noticed this post and wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm married and have been for 30 years to a really great guy. Our pastimes include riding our Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic, camping in our RV. I personally love to read, collect coins and I'm an avid history lover, especially Civil War, American Indian, WW2, and ancient civilizations. I also love astronomy and wonder about the vastness of our universe. I'm a science lover. These loves really separate me from lots of other women, so why in the world would I not go ahead and smoke cigars, lol! We have 2 daughters, one is 26 and married, and the other is 21 and in medical school. I'm very proud of them both. I'm a registered nurse. I was attracted to the smell of cigars when I bought a cigar box to store my collector coins in a few weeks ago. One thing led to another and I found myself wanting to actually smoke one, which led me to researching it on the internet, and thus finding you nice people. This is the best forum I've ever come across and I do so appreciate you all making me feel so welcome. Oh, and I'm from the south, born and bred!
    Hi there Salem. I’d welcome you to the forum, but I’m new here too, and just like you, I never bothered to make any kind of introduction for myself, I just jumped in and started posting. That’s pretty typical of the way I do things – just jump in with both feet first. The problem with that is sometimes you step on toes accidentally because you really don’t know the people you’re talking too. If I’ve already done that, let me apologize. If I haven’t put my foot in it yet, let me apologize in advance, because sooner or later, I’m bound to do it! LOL

It looks like we have more than just a few things in common. I’ve been married to the same good woman for 36 years (most of my friends say she’s a saint for putting up with me that long). She reads more than anyone I’ve ever met, she’s professional historian/museum archivist, with a fascination for ancient civilizations, so it looks like you’d probably hit it off with my wife pretty well. .

I work in Public Safety for a large metropolitan city in central Kentucky. I’m not the police, but I do carry a badge and am a sworn Code Enforcement Officer. I’ve got a few personal firearms, and it’s my opinion that shooting stuff is fun. .

I also have some fairly strong political opinions, but experience has taught me that it’s best to avoid political discussions on the internet, unless you really enjoy high blood pressure, so I probably won’t be engaging that way on this forum. I’ve been enjoying cigars for just about 5 years now, and am a fairly good customer of c.com. I couldn’t agree with you more, salem, that this forum looks like a very nice place to post. These guys know their cigars, and they seem to be a pretty generous bunch. Also, the daily hottie is a real bonus! .

In case you’re wondering, my icon is a picture I snapped last spring when we were in Ireland. It’s a carving on the exterior wall of a very old church in County Cork.. And BTW, I was born in Austin, TX, and still have lots of family there. we visit a couple times each year in the Austin/San Antonio area in spring and fall. I look forward to getting to know you guys, and maybe even meeting up with some of you if the opportunity presents itself.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    JDH, you and your wife sound very interesting! A shame that we live so far apart. I always love to meet people of my same interests, because it's not often I meet a woman with my tastes. So, I think we'd all hit it off really well. Love the pic in your avatar! Nice meeting you!!
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Salem:
    JDH, you and your wife sound very interesting! A shame that we live so far apart. I always love to meet people of my same interests, because it's not often I meet a woman with my tastes. So, I think we'd all hit it off really well. Love the pic in your avatar! Nice meeting you!!
    Well, there's always Biltmore. I think my wife would move in there if they'd let her.
  • Options
    Salem:
    I love history too, I kind of focus more on western european but I know a few tid bits about american history too thanks to a nut case in high school and college I lovingly named the russian because his idea of flirting with me was teaching me EVERY single war strategy and solider lay out of EVERY single major war the world has every seen.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum Amanda and Salem!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Salem and Amanda glad to have you both here. Great to have some sisters on here .
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I signed in back in July,2010, but have never really participated in the forums till recently. Enjoying the forums and finding myself reading more and more and starting to offer my thoughts on subjects...kinda of addicting. I've been into cigars for a few years and have accumulated a modest collection. But the postings and trades are very interesting and look forward to having more discussions with everyone. Would like to know more on how trades work? In your Bio do you inform what your favs are, and wishes?? Little about myself, married, 4 boys, wife and I are empty nesters, love golf and cigars and traveling for work and pleasure. So thought it was time to introduce myself and say "Hello". Thanks Mike
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...