Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenMachine:
    Hey everyone!!!! Been smokin cigars now for a couple years, but recently have become a little more serious. I bought me a 200 count humidor and have been trying to fill it with a variety of sticks. Started out as mild and have worked twords medium to full blend. Have a buddy who posts and it seems like everyone is pretty cool on here. So I thought I might throw a post out there to say "Hi".
    Welcome to the forums brother...where ya from?
  • Options
    Thank You!!! I m from Idaho, ya know PO TA TO...........lol
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Matt, Green, and all the brothers who have joined our ranks recently. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as much as I have.
  • Options
    GreenMachine:
    Thank You!!! I m from Idaho, ya know PO TA TO...........lol
    Another Idahoan! I'm from Idaho Falls!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenMachine:
    Hey everyone!!!! Been smokin cigars now for a couple years, but recently have become a little more serious. I bought me a 200 count humidor and have been trying to fill it with a variety of sticks. Started out as mild and have worked twords medium to full blend. Have a buddy who posts and it seems like everyone is pretty cool on here. So I thought I might throw a post out there to say "Hi".
    Hey man welcome to the board! We are a bunch of jokers, but really friendly, and there is a vast amount of support, information, and help available to you on here. Enjoy and have fun bud! -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    So i read people talking about "sponsors", is this AA? Or I should say SA(smokers anonymous)?
  • Options
    michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Hello everyone im guessing im a newbie how is everyone today?
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Welcome to all the new guys!
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    GreenMachine:
    So i read people talking about "sponsors", is this AA? Or I should say SA(smokers anonymous)?
    Lol. No the newbie trade/sponsor thread is for those who want to establish themselves on the Good Traders list. It's a way of pairing them with someone who is on the list and helping them along.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    michaelharvey:
    Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge in here. Hope you enjoy your stay.
  • Options
    michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Lakota72:
    michaelharvey:
    Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge in here. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    LOL thank you im more of a REnewbie. Hopefully ill be on more of a constant basis
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome back Mike.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Been away for a while, and there are a bunch of new folks. Hello to everyone. Hope yall stick around and have some fun and laughs.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Lakota72:
    GreenMachine:
    Lol. No the newbie trade/sponsor thread is for those who want to establish themselves on the Good Traders list. It's a way of pairing them with someone who is on the list and helping them along.
    and so we can let the new guys what they should prepare for... lol. Its great fun.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Lakota72:
    GreenMachine:
    and so we can let the new guys what they should prepare for... lol. Its great fun.
    Poor guy.... I can just hear Todd saying this mantra in his head as he packages up a "trade" for a noob..."Drop your drawers and grab your toes... I'm gonna show you where the wild goose goes..."
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Well, Hello to all of you.

Recently woke up to a small bash on my car curtesy of a random stranger who felt no need to take responsibility for it. Now I'm out $750 to repair it. However, I was just at Rite Aid and V8 was on sale 5/$5. It was mislabeled, I guess, but the friendly manager gave me the sale price anyway. Karma, baby. So now I figure I'm only out $747.

Now I'm at home consoling myself with a Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Limited Edition and a Stone Levitation Ale. Both quite tasty.

Anyway, if for nothing else, I feel compelled to tell you guys you have a great thing going here. I've read through some of the threads here and the comradery I've seen is just fantastic. Hope you guys all have a great holiday and keep the positivity flowing!
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Sorry about your car but glad you found the forums
  • Options
    SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Thank you, sir. The car isn't such a big deal, just burns me up a little for the unforeseen expense. Gave me a reason to smoke a great cigar, though!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Welcome aboard! You are already smoking good sticks, I see... thats a big +1

stick around.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your car but hey that's a helluva deal on V-8!
  • Options
    Welcome brother and truly hope you stick around and get involved! Sounds like a good start is already here so welcome and thanks for the kind words about the forum as well ;)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to say an official hello to everyone since I've been visiting the forums somewhat regularly here these last couple months.
    First off I want to say thanks to everyone who has answered my questions...I'm blown away by the amount of knowledge you folks have. It seems like I learn something new everytime I visit these pages.

Now a little about me.....I began my journey with premium cigars a few years back when I was given a CAO Vision Catalyst as a gift while on break from college.
    I smoked it and loved it...but didn't get much further into cigars at the time since the closest shop was about 60 miles away from my school....so I was stuck with backwoods and gas station swisher sweets for a couple years.

Fast forward to January 2010 and I got my first humi (150-ct, glass top) and after a few orders from Ccom it was filled.
    So that summer I got my second humi (75-ct) thinking it would be enough for the overflow....which it was, until recently....Up to this point I've mostly been getting samplers in an effort to try and find what I like.
    But now that I've found a few brands I really enjoy, I want to make some box purchases so I picked up a wooden cooler and am in the process of adding Spanish cedar to the inside so I can have a safe place to store those boxes.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    I think I missed this thread. Yes, my hats off to you guys that have already welcomed me here and traded with me. I have been burning sticks since 1990 when the Cigar boom starting to hit. First smoke was a Swisher but the real deal came to me as a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur soon to follow a Punch and I was trying everything after that, hook, line, sinker, DONE!!! In 94 I smoked the Habana Gold Sterling Label, Man that was a good cigar at a great price, what I would do for one today. I got really big into Cigars where I seriously thought I was going to make our guest room closet into a humidor. I've since smoked them down and now keep it simple to a few brands I really like. I have been a LEO for 16 years and live outside of Austin on a couple of acres of land. The best smokes are on my back porch over looking the countryside with a few good friends. I've learned over time it's not the big stash you collect it's who you enjoy them with and since being on Ccom I have really enjoyed trading with you guys. One last thing, you ever come to Austin, Texas let me know, I belong to a private lounge (Bolivar Lounge) you choose the cigar and drink and it's on me. Thanks for the hospitality, the website, and the great cigars.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Mike here, new to the forum. From Wisconsin, love golf and a good cigars, thought this would be interesting!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Hello, new here from St. Louis. I have been smoking cigars for a few years but only about 1 every 2 months. Once I found a few I liked I stepped up my game and started researching what I was buying.

Zach
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to MVW67 and waffles you both will find plenty info here and great guys to share info. with you
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    Hello everyone! Some of you probably know who I am already I am Irishman's better half Amanda.

I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to cigars, but thanks to my hubby I have learned a few things about them since my first cigar the day after Irishman and I got married. I have done a bit of research on my own about cigars, but mainly I enjoy sitting back and enjoying a stick with my husband at home with our dad or tagging along to the B&M to smoke a couple of sticks and have some of the most fascinating converstaions with strangers and friends a person could ever ask for.

I'm still pretty new to this having finally set up my own humi for the infused cigars that others have gifted me through Brett and leaving all the rest in the regular humi that I get to enjoy with my hubby.

Please be kind everyone I'm still getting used to the whole cigar smoking lifestyle that I enjoy with so many people.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, jj new to this whole forum thing.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Welcome to all the new members, hope you all stay for a long time and enjoy the community and brotherhood that is treasured by us all! Thanks for joining and long ashes my friends!!
  • Options
    this place is wild.