Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    Hello All... My name is Brett, I have been here for a few days started a couple of threads and just came across this one and thought i'd say hi... I live in Breckenridge CO. 7 or 8 months out of the year and Kansas City the other few months. Been smoking cigars for years now and this community has been great. lots of well seasoned BOTL's and I'm glad to be here... Oh and would like to know more about this trades and bombs thing you all do. I have a farely large collection and am happy to share some of my favorites. Thanks........ Brett W.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Good evening. My names Isaac I've been a smoker for 2 weeks now. Good night
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Hi I'm Rob. Living here in Northern Minnesota. I've actually been lurking around here for about a year which is when I got back into this hobby. This is a great site. Thanks to everyone who contributes here. Looking forward to getting to know youz guys! (and gals)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    To the new peeps welcome aboard!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    thank you
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome to all (except you... that Icpleel guy or whatever... wierdo) and can't wait to have all of you get into this even more! First piece of advice... and PLEASE trust me.... GET. A. COOLER. NOW. it will realllllly help very soon.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    brettdub33:
    Hello All... My name is Brett, I have been here for a few days started a couple of threads and just came across this one and thought i'd say hi... I live in Breckenridge CO. 7 or 8 months out of the year and Kansas City the other few months. Been smoking cigars for years now and this community has been great. lots of well seasoned BOTL's and I'm glad to be here... Oh and would like to know more about this trades and bombs thing you all do. I have a farely large collection and am happy to share some of my favorites. Thanks........ Brett W.
    Welcome brother and it's nice to have another Colorado-an on here ;) If you want to get introduced to what a trade is, then send me a message. (Click the "contact" button and then the "Send X a private message" button to do so)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    thank you
    Issac you make me lol brother
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    thank you
    Issac you make me lol brother
    I try.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the welcome notes, who can I discuss with how trades work?
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Thanks for all the welcome notes, who can I discuss with how trades work?
    Best thing to do is set up a blind trade on the Trades, Passes, and Bombs thread. Send first and someone will send sticks back. Actually, just send me a PM, we'll hook this up.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Sent you PM
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Howdy, y'all!(No, I don't really talk like that...) Newbie to the forum but not to great smokes, though I have had my share of turds. Glad to know that I've found a place where I can revel in TBOT and not feel like an idiot.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    WELCOME ABOARD !!
  • Options
    welcome toombes
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcoming, guys. In case you're wondering what TBOT stands for, it's what my friend calls "The Brotherhood of Tobacco". Similar to BTOL, I reckon. Sorta kinda, almost, nearly, pert-near...
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    welcome toombes, hope you like it here, this place is awesome!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum toombes!
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Hello to all.  My name is Jason, I'm 29, and live in B.F.E., MO.  I've enjoyed cigars over the years but now I'm looking to really get into the hobby.  I usually buy cigars others recommend or ones with higher ratings as long as they're reasonably priced, as I haven't found what I really like and dislike.  I look forward to getting to know you all and discovering some really good smokes along the way.
  • Options
    you've come to the right place, welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum goatmilk! If you email service@cigar.com and tell them what kind of cigars you are into they will build an awesome sampler for you to try out new stuff that's similar to what you're used to and help expand your horizons
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Quick welcome to all of yesterday's joiners....
  • Options
    Hey all, a new guy here too. Sorry, I didn't see this thread, posted an introduction in a different area. Anyways, my name is Leon, I am 39, and live in western Colorado. I work as a quality control inspector for Reynold's Polymer (Google it, pretty cool stuff) I enjoy fishing, hunting, anything to do with gins, archery, golf, and four wheeling. Looking forward to getting to know all of you while on here. Merry Christmas and God Bless.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome new members one and all.
  • Options
    Welcome to ALL new members and hope you stay here and get the buying-fever sickness! Buy a COOLER!!!

Leon, welcome from a fellow Colorado resident and hope that you can make it into the Front Range or I can get out to Palisade soon so tat we can share a stick! Best of luck and long ashes!
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Welcome to ALL new members and hope you stay here and get the buying-fever sickness! Buy a COOLER!!!

Leon, welcome from a fellow Colorado resident and hope that you can make it into the Front Range or I can get out to Palisade soon so tat we can share a stick! Best of luck and long ashes!
    You really dont need a cooler. Just smoke more. :D
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    lcpleel:
    90+ Irishman:

You really dont need a cooler. Just smoke more. :D
    Everyone says "get a cooler" , "you need a cooler"..I don't drink my beer that cold!
  • Options
    Hello newbies... thought I might give you some info on some of the jargen you may see in this forum B&M = Brick and Mortar – physical store to purchase tobacco in BOMB = unsolicited gift (short answer) BOTL = Brother of the Leaf CA = Cigar Aficionado CAS = Cigar Acquisition Syndrome CC = Cuban cigar Cab = Cabinet...wooden sliding top box containing 50 sticks... CBid = cigarbid.com also known as the Devil's site. Dog Rocket= A really terrible cigar. Dry box = Putting cigars you intend to smoke in the near future in a box (typically a desktop humidor) to lower their RH (dry them out a bit). Typically 60% humidity. Herf = A gathering of people enjoying cigars and the company of each other ISOM = Island South of Miami (i.e. Cuba) LLG = Lowland Gorillas (members of this club) “Newb”, “Newbie”- relatively new to cigar smoking ROTT = Right Off The Truck Maddie = maduro cigar Nat = Natural cigar Nattie = natural (cameroon, Conneticut Shade, etc.) cigar NC = Non-Cuban cigar
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum leon!
  • Options
    Welcome Leon :-) Nice to have another BOTL!