Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and the mayhem!! LOL.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MNmaximus:
    I am 29 (30 next month...yikes!) and from Minnesota. I am married with three kids and I work in sales (non-retail). I have been dipping my toes into the cigar hobby for a year or so. My favorite cigar thus far is La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Belicoso. I am always on the lookout to try the Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchills!
    Welcome!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum maximus
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MNmaximus:
    I am 29 (30 next month...yikes!) and from Minnesota. I am married with three kids and I work in sales (non-retail). I have been dipping my toes into the cigar hobby for a year or so. My favorite cigar thus far is La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Belicoso. I am always on the lookout to try the Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchills!
    Welcome brother. I myself really enjoy the Mi Amor
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from Denver...Lots of info on this forum.
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    MNmaximus:

welcome!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all our new members..
  • Options
    Hey all! New to this site but not to the cigar community. Been involved for around 12 years on many sites and with vendors and events. Look forward to getting to know everyone around here and talk cigars. Thanks, Steve, for pointing the way here. -Doc
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Amigo!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Welcome and enjoy!!!!
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    What's up Doc!.....sorry, couldn't resist!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've missed several "newbie" welcomes, so HOWDY, Y'ALL!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hello! My name is Lassie, I've been reading here for awhile and thought I'd make a post or two...

You guys seem pretty cool and I just wanted to thank you all for your support, you're like my bra!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Hello! My name is Lassie, I've been reading here for awhile and thought I'd make a post or two...

You guys seem pretty cool and I just wanted to thank you all for your support, you're like my bra!
    GO Wisco!!!!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Bump
  • Options
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Bump
    n grind
  • Options
    Hello all,
    I am very new to here and have just recently started to learn about cigars. Thanks to a friend of mine I am learning alot and starting to enjoy them. I am also lucky to have gotten a ticket to cigarfest and look forward to learning more, meeting people, and enjoying cigars.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Beavr81:
    Hello all, I am very new to here and have just recently started to learn about cigars. Thanks to a friend of mine I am learning alot and starting to enjoy them. I am also lucky to have gotten a ticket to cigarfest and look forward to learning more, meeting people, and enjoying cigars.
    Yay I'm that friend haha. Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    skweekz:
    Beavr81:
    Hello all, I am very new to here and have just recently started to learn about cigars. Thanks to a friend of mine I am learning alot and starting to enjoy them. I am also lucky to have gotten a ticket to cigarfest and look forward to learning more, meeting people, and enjoying cigars.
    Well, with friends like that, I'm just saying. LOL. Welcome
  • Options
    beatnic:
    skweekz:
    Beavr81:
    Welcome to the Forum, you claim him as your friend??? LOL
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    beatnic:
    skweekz:
    Beavr81:
    Welcome to the Forum, you claim him as your friend??? LOL
    Haha he's been known to throw the term around loosely
  • Options
    j0z3r: NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity. So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful. Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me. Joe
  • Options
    Well I guess I would call him a friend caz hey he did introduce me to the cigar world and he also just gave me my first humidor and 3 cigars to start off. Plus we are going to go to cigarfest together. So i think it would only be polite to call him a friend... LOL plus since I have to work with him on a regular basis don't really want to call him to many things ..... But all in all he is a pretty good friend. We even went to his club after work yesterday morning and I smoked my first premium cigar with him over a nice cold beer and have to say it was quite good. I definately liked it!
  • Options
    Beavr81:
    Well I guess I would call him a friend caz hey he did introduce me to the cigar world and he also just gave me my first humidor and 3 cigars to start off. Plus we are going to go to cigarfest together. So i think it would only be polite to call him a friend... LOL plus since I have to work with him on a regular basis don't really want to call him to many things ..... But all in all he is a pretty good friend. We even went to his club after work yesterday morning and I smoked my first premium cigar with him over a nice cold beer and have to say it was quite good. I definately liked it!
    Welcome, to the chaos!,!
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Beavr81:
    Welcome, to the chaos!,!
    to the top
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello fellow cigar lovers! I figured I have been creeping long enough and should finally start posting. I have really enjoyed the great information on the forums and the playful banter! I have been smoking cigars regularly for only about a year. I am a high school math teacher and find a cigar very relaxing after eight hours of working with teenagers. I look forward to the many interactions with you all. Tony
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Hello fellow cigar lovers! I figured I have been creeping long enough and should finally start posting. I have really enjoyed the great information on the forums and the playful banter! I have been smoking cigars regularly for only about a year. I am a high school math teacher and find a cigar very relaxing after eight hours of working with teenagers. I look forward to the many interactions with you all. Tony

Welcome to the forum, Tony! Please, take a seat, secure you lap belts, keep your hands and arms inside the ride at all times. By the way, you belong to us now... MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, thanks man! The first person to reply to my first post. You will forever hold a special place in my humidor/heart.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Dont worry about anyone here. Except, well , pretty much everyone