Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all new Botls
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    bandyt09:
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    Toombes:
    bandyt09:
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    Hello fellow cigar lovers! I figured I have been creeping long enough and should finally start posting. I have really enjoyed the great information on the forums and the playful banter! I have been smoking cigars regularly for only about a year. I am a high school math teacher and find a cigar very relaxing after eight hours of working with teenagers. I look forward to the many interactions with you all. Tony
    ...Send me your address and I'll send a nice little welcome to the forum package, I'll keep it at 5 cigars...
    LMAO!
    Why was this so funny? Are you saying i don't know how to count to 5 and the math teacher is going to call me on it? Why don't you step up and send me your addy and I'll prove to you I can count to 5............

Easy, Trigger! Wasn't laughing at you, that was my maniacal "Ima get you, sucka" laugh. Stay tuned for further details. As for the addy, there are enough brothers with it. If you really want it, I'm sure it will make itself known....
    Dan, I wasn't calling you out, my friend, your addy was easy to get, damn, I wasn't supposed to say that, oh well, it was Roberto99, that was being called out. And, as of yet, he hasn't bothered to send my his addy, maybe he just can't get his hands to stop shaking to type.........

I will put a 5 stick bounty out there for anyone who can provide his addy to me.....
    Really? I was under the impression your questions were rhetorical.
    Don't be usin' no college words on me.I was just kidding it was rhetorical, MUWAHAHAHAHA..........
    On the one hand, I'm glad to see that I haven't lost my mind quite yet. On the other hand I was really looking forward to that "5" pack you were going to send my way!
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Hey guys, been lurking for a month or so after finding the sprint sale and decided I would start posting. I've smoked cigars randomly for a five years, but never consistent until my wife decided to buy me a humidor two years ago. It's been downhill since then.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Hey guys, been lurking for a month or so after finding the sprint sale and decided I would start posting. I've smoked cigars randomly for a five years, but never consistent until my wife decided to buy me a humidor two years ago. It's been downhill since then.
    Welcome brother. Fellow bass angler as well?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Last name actually. I did do a good bit of bass fishing with my dad growing up. Never competitive, but lots of really good memories.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the madness, Mr. Bass. Let's bump this bad boy back up topside.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    A hearty welcome to all and to all A good night.
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    welcome Brother! Get a bigger humi and DUCK!!!!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Un_Sub:
    We're collecting ducks now? Why was I left off the newsletter again?
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Un_Sub:

I didn't get the memo either, brother. Discrimination or fear, which do you think?
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Toombes:
    Direwolf:
    Un_Sub:

I didn't get the memo either, brother. Discrimination or fear, which do you think?
    Think I got tricked into buyin a gawd dang duck is what I think
  • Options
    Were you a used car salesman in a previous life or insurance door to door? LOL!
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    I am new on here as well did the lurking and decided to post myself I've been smoking for a couple years now and seeing on here all the smokes gives me ideas to sample all new things. Being in South Florida got allot of cigar shops so I'm able to try different cigars daily I've upgraded my humidor already but it can never stay full. I have been smoking allot of the San Lotano Ovals the Alec Bradley Presnado and the Liga Privada undercrown if you guys have any other suggestions that would be great
  • Options
    kingdavid5:
    I am new on here as well did the lurking and decided to post myself I've been smoking for a couple years now and seeing on here all the smokes gives me ideas to sample all new things. Being in South Florida got allot of cigar shops so I'm able to try different cigars daily I've upgraded my humidor already but it can never stay full. I have been smoking allot of the San Lotano Ovals the Alec Bradley Presnado and the Liga Privada undercrown if you guys have any other suggestions that would be great

Welcome, your holiness! My suggestion would be to try...EVERYTHING!! By the way, I hope your health/life insurance is paid up and you like to play rough. We're prone to throwing things...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    kingdavid5:

Welcome, your holiness! My suggestion would be to try...EVERYTHING!! By the way, I hope your health/life insurance is paid up and you like to play rough. We're prone to throwing things...
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy, was in Naples last week, now in Tampa area for week, then back to Wisco!!!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Tadpoles. Eat well and grow. Soon you will swim with the big frogs. But be ever vigilant for the Gators lurking here.
  • Options
    kingdavid5:

Since it seems you're a full-bodied fan, I'd recommend anything from the Diesel line, the Man O' War Ruination and Armada and the Cu-Avano Punisher.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    kingdavid5:

Since it seems you're a full-bodied fan, I'd recommend anything from the Diesel line, the Man O' War Ruination and Armada and the Cu-Avano Punisher.
    Bump
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    In case I missed any new guys or gals joining our beloved forum... WELCOME! This site is where questions are answered and dreams are made true. Feel free to ask all the questions you'd like! There's a good chance one or more of us can get you the info you need and help you find your answers.

Now... go buy a cooler (48qt min) and some beads and start prepping... you'll need it sooner than you think!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great advice ^^^^^

Welcome to all the new members and thanks for joining in on the fun, great group of guys!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Toombes:
    Direwolf:
    Un_Sub:

Think I got tricked into buyin a gawd dang duck is what I think

I figured we could have a cigar and a duck fart!
  • Options
    kingdavid5:

Welcome Bother!
  • Options
    Hey everyone. This is a pretty cool thing you got going. I'm Stephen and Ive been smoking cigars for about six years now. I started out with my room mate in college when his dad gave us a box of cigars and it grew from an activity to a hobby. I thought I knew a decent amount about cigars until I got on here. Looking forward to learning a lot more.
  • Options
    stephenakirk:
    Hey everyone. This is a pretty cool thing you got going. I'm Stephen and Ive been smoking cigars for about six years now. I started out with my room mate in college when his dad gave us a box of cigars and it grew from an activity to a hobby. I thought I knew a decent amount about cigars until I got on here. Looking forward to learning a lot more.

And learn you shall, young Padawan. Procure the largest cooler you can find, purchase a few pounds of beads and begin construction on a bomb shelter. You'll figure all of this out soon enough. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay with us.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome to all the new guys and gals I have missed recently !!!
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    You guys have all be great with welcoming and all the help couldn't ask for more and yes I'm a full bodied smoke I've tried the diesels and love the unholy cocktails d5s and d7s also a big fan of padron and San lotano ovals. Hope to be on here for a while do some trades and bombs as time goes and hopefully my humidor builds cause it is empty right now I smoke too much if that's possible
  • Options
    hey everybody, im new her so i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is will im 25 and right now i am over in afghanistan. Im new to cigar smoking, and im still trying to learn all the ins and outs and this looks the place to be for all that.
  • Options
    Welcome one and all to this forum, lots to learn and have fun.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome new guys, Will and Stephen. It's nice to have you here.