Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Hey, thanks man! The first person to reply to my first post. You will forever hold a special place in my humidor/heart.

Most welcome. You may not feel that way when you're address gets passed around... hehehehehehehe!
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Dont worry about anyone here. Except, well , pretty much everyone

+1! He has no idea, but shall soon learn the gory truth...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandpa smoked cigars, Dad smoked Luckies; Dad died unhappy at 60, Grandpa died happy at 95. You do the ma SleevePlz:th.

Last summer I scored a bundle of cheap factory throwouts from our fine Delaware cigar store when on my way to a motorcycle campground down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The cigar geeks down at the store opined they'd be good handouts. Cheap enough to give away and mild enough for non-smokers. Been burning leaves ever since.

Somewhere round November, I did some gratis motorcycle wrenching for a guy from DC. His clutch slave had sprung a leak and spit DOT4 all over his clutch friction plate, so we had to crack his beemer apart in the middle and replace both slave and plate. Dealer gave him the wrong part, so the whole project turned into a giant hassle. Seeing me burn a couple throwouts in the garage, he had cigar.com send me a gift sampler; guess he figured he owed me. So I looked up cigar.com. Now and then I lurk. But I can't imagine ever buying by mail, because our local store is so excellent, and I am a support your local guy kind of guy.

However, just this week I discovered you guys have a forum. Because I'm such a noob, it's gonna pay for me to swing by here and read some threads now and then. I don't even know what I don't know yet.

Any of you ever pass by Delaware on 95, drop in and enjoy a beer and a smoke in the garage. Bring your motorcycle. Or drop me a PM and maybe we'll ride the BRP and burn a stick outdoors.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Hello fellow cigar lovers! I figured I have been creeping long enough and should finally start posting. I have really enjoyed the great information on the forums and the playful banter! I have been smoking cigars regularly for only about a year. I am a high school math teacher and find a cigar very relaxing after eight hours of working with teenagers. I look forward to the many interactions with you all. Tony
    Tony, welcome aboard the fun ship. After spending a little time with us you'll find the teaching of the teenagers the relaxing time.

Also, don't bother bringing your work to the forum as none of us count too good and we know it; at some point in time you'll start confusing cigar.com numbers with your teenagers numbers, I guarantee it. Send me your address and I'll send a nice little welcome to the forum package, I'll keep it at 5 cigars just in case you don't have that much storage room.

Thank you for doing one of the most underappreciated jobs in America, teaching our youth.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words. Sent you a pm.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome new fellows, hope you enjoy your time here.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome aboard !
  • Options
    bandyt09, PM to you sir.
  • Options
    webmost:
    Grandpa smoked cigars, Dad smoked Luckies; Dad died unhappy at 60, Grandpa died happy at 95. You do the ma SleevePlz:th. Last summer I scored a bundle of cheap factory throwouts from our fine Delaware cigar store when on my way to a motorcycle campground down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The cigar geeks down at the store opined they'd be good handouts. Cheap enough to give away and mild enough for non-smokers. Been burning leaves ever since. Somewhere round November, I did some gratis motorcycle wrenching for a guy from DC. His clutch slave had sprung a leak and spit DOT4 all over his clutch friction plate, so we had to crack his beemer apart in the middle and replace both slave and plate. Dealer gave him the wrong part, so the whole project turned into a giant hassle. Seeing me burn a couple throwouts in the garage, he had cigar.com send me a gift sampler; guess he figured he owed me. So I looked up cigar.com. Now and then I lurk. But I can't imagine ever buying by mail, because our local store is so excellent, and I am a support your local guy kind of guy. However, just this week I discovered you guys have a forum. Because I'm such a noob, it's gonna pay for me to swing by here and read some threads now and then. I don't even know what I don't know yet. Any of you ever pass by Delaware on 95, drop in and enjoy a beer and a smoke in the garage. Bring your motorcycle. Or drop me a PM and maybe we'll ride the BRP and burn a stick outdoors.

Welcome to the fray! Always glad to see new faces. Hey, ya wouldn't happen to have an engine and trike rear-end to fit a '58 Sporty would ya?
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    webmost:
    Grandpa smoked cigars, Dad smoked Luckies; Dad died unhappy at 60, Grandpa died happy at 95. You do the ma SleevePlz:th. Last summer I scored a bundle of cheap factory throwouts from our fine Delaware cigar store when on my way to a motorcycle campground down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The cigar geeks down at the store opined they'd be good handouts. Cheap enough to give away and mild enough for non-smokers. Been burning leaves ever since. Somewhere round November, I did some gratis motorcycle wrenching for a guy from DC. His clutch slave had sprung a leak and spit DOT4 all over his clutch friction plate, so we had to crack his beemer apart in the middle and replace both slave and plate. Dealer gave him the wrong part, so the whole project turned into a giant hassle. Seeing me burn a couple throwouts in the garage, he had cigar.com send me a gift sampler; guess he figured he owed me. So I looked up cigar.com. Now and then I lurk. But I can't imagine ever buying by mail, because our local store is so excellent, and I am a support your local guy kind of guy. However, just this week I discovered you guys have a forum. Because I'm such a noob, it's gonna pay for me to swing by here and read some threads now and then. I don't even know what I don't know yet. Any of you ever pass by Delaware on 95, drop in and enjoy a beer and a smoke in the garage. Bring your motorcycle. Or drop me a PM and maybe we'll ride the BRP and burn a stick outdoors.

Welcome to the fray! Always glad to see new faces. Hey, ya wouldn't happen to have an engine and trike rear-end to fit a '58 Sporty would ya?
    Welcome tho the Jungle!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all I've missed welcoming. Great people here. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. It is amazing how a bunch of strangers can make you feel right at home.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. It is amazing how a bunch of strangers can make you feel right at home.

If you call home a well fortified and strategically reinforced underground bunker with a peephole so you can watch for the mailman, then you're in the right place. Give it time and you'll be simultaneously thanking, cursing and begging for mercy in regards to us... MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Welcome aboard, Tony. A bunch of good guys here. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    Welcome Tony the teacher and Davis the Webmost. There is only 1 piece of advice I can give you here,"Duck and cover, Brothers"
  • Options
    I'm actually getting a little scared. I think I might need to go out and have a smoke to settle down.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I'm actually getting a little scared. I think I might need to go out and have a smoke to settle down.
    You should be.... Duck and cover my friend
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all, this is the right place to learn anything on cigars you could possibly need to know. It's also a great place to get ideas about what to spend the rent money on.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    Hello fellow cigar lovers! I figured I have been creeping long enough and should finally start posting. I have really enjoyed the great information on the forums and the playful banter! I have been smoking cigars regularly for only about a year. I am a high school math teacher and find a cigar very relaxing after eight hours of working with teenagers. I look forward to the many interactions with you all. Tony
    ...Send me your address and I'll send a nice little welcome to the forum package, I'll keep it at 5 cigars...
    LMAO!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    Tony, smoke one now while you can as tomorrow, this hits: 0311 0240 0002 4678 3537 Really, it isn't that bad, however, you may want to check your Home Depot for mailboxes.....................................
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    Tony, smoke one now while you can as tomorrow, this hits: 0311 0240 0002 4678 3537 Really, it isn't that bad, however, you may want to check your Home Depot for mailboxes.....................................

And you can expect more sometime next week! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Welcome to the "Killing Fields"...
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    ...Send me your address and I'll send a nice little welcome to the forum package, I'll keep it at 5 cigars...
    LMAO!
    Why was this so funny? Are you saying i don't know how to count to 5 and the math teacher is going to call me on it? Why don't you step up and send me your addy and I'll prove to you I can count to 5............
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    There are many ways to count to five.. many many many ways.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    I'll go ahead introduce myself! I know I've contacted a couple of you privately. Mainly slickrick hoping to get him send him out a deployment humi but was beat to the punch by another kind brother. Been into cigars for roughly the last 15 months or so and its been all down hill since then! I started with a 75 count humi then added a couple of desktops and a 300 count. Knowing what I know now I should have went the coolidor route! However I bet a large quart cooler is in my near future. I posted a few over sized pics in the show off your humi thread. I Still have allot to learn and do appreciate the wealth of knowledge in the forum. Outside of cigars I travel too much (South East Asia mainly. Really looking forward to putting a trip to Central American together), enjoy Guinness, avid hold'em player, play WAY too much battlefield 3 and secretly a history buff.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    LMAO!
    Why was this so funny? Are you saying i don't know how to count to 5 and the math teacher is going to call me on it? Why don't you step up and send me your addy and I'll prove to you I can count to 5............

Easy, Trigger! Wasn't laughing at you, that was my maniacal "Ima get you, sucka" laugh. Stay tuned for further details. As for the addy, there are enough brothers with it. If you really want it, I'm sure it will make itself known....
  • Options
    Toombes:
    bandyt09:
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    LMAO!

Easy, Trigger! Wasn't laughing at you, that was my maniacal "Ima get you, sucka" laugh. Stay tuned for further details. As for the addy, there are enough brothers with it. If you really want it, I'm sure it will make itself known....
    Dan, I wasn't calling you out, my friend, your addy was easy to get, damn, I wasn't supposed to say that, oh well, it was Roberto99, that was being called out. And, as of yet, he hasn't bothered to send my his addy, maybe he just can't get his hands to stop shaking to type.........

I will put a 5 stick bounty out there for anyone who can provide his addy to me.....
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    You're funny Todd, we all know you can't count to five, we don't need a math teacher to expose that deficiency.

Funny story guys: Todd and I were splitting a ten pack of cigars in half and when it came time for him to split them up, he had to take off his shoes and use his toes to figure out how to count to five...I still walked away with seven cigars from the ten pack.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    bandyt09:
    Toombes:
    bandyt09:
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    LMAO!

Dan, I wasn't calling you out, my friend, your addy was easy to get, damn, I wasn't supposed to say that, oh well, it was Roberto99, that was being called out. And, as of yet, he hasn't bothered to send my his addy, maybe he just can't get his hands to stop shaking to type.........

I will put a 5 stick bounty out there for anyone who can provide his addy to me.....
    Really? I was under the impression your questions were rhetorical.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    To all the fresh fish.... *Glug* *Glug*
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    Toombes:
    bandyt09:
    Roberto99:
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    LMAO!

Really? I was under the impression your questions were rhetorical.
    Don't be usin' no college words on me.I was just kidding it was rhetorical, MUWAHAHAHAHA..........