Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2011 BORK Fantasy Football League

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed Beat, I should win---I have a kicker tomorrow too. I SHOULD actually have a winning record right now as the Commish beat me last week while I had Beanie Wells and his 31 POINTS on the bench.....I lost by 4. Last year, all the right picks and all the luck-------this year, not so much.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    JAMES JONES.....20pts.......ON MY BENCH........WTF?????
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    t_evan50:

Don't feel bad. I forgot to swap out my receivers and left Darrius Heyward-Bey sit with 15 points to start Denarius Moore instead for a whopping 0
  • Options
    skweekz:
    t_evan50:

Don't feel bad. I forgot to swap out my receivers and left Darrius Heyward-Bey sit with 15 points to start Denarius Moore instead for a whopping 0
    funny u mention that. I dropped DHB to waivers when he got injured earlier. So...yea........poop!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Well My undefeated streak has come to an end, courtesy of Young and Dangerous, With the bye and a couple of my top performers either getting taken out due to injury or just not putting up the numbers, I only put up 69 points.. I gotta say Y&D had a bit a good fortune as the SF D put up over twenty points. Well, now Im counting on the Grundle Taints to pullout a win and hold off Heavy so I dont lose the gap on my lead. As it works out Heavy and I will meet next week for a Sumatra Shootout!!!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    robbyras:
    looks like I have to start Doug Baldwin and potentially Jackie Battle... yeah, I don't know who the F they are either... Commish is EEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF'd this week
    Well... apparently they were pretty good adds! Here's the funny part... I had a 9:45 tee off on Sunsay, so I checked my team before i left the house... I decided to plug Battle in for Mendenhall... yeah, apparently I didn't press submit... I got home and came to check my team and there was the screen showing Battle in at RB and Mendenhall on my bench and the Bright Yellow SUBMIT button glowing in the top right... ugh
  • Options
    robbyras:
    robbyras:
    looks like I have to start Doug Baldwin and potentially Jackie Battle... yeah, I don't know who the F they are either... Commish is EEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF'd this week
    Well... apparently they were pretty good adds! Here's the funny part... I had a 9:45 tee off on Sunsay, so I checked my team before i left the house... I decided to plug Battle in for Mendenhall... yeah, apparently I didn't press submit... I got home and came to check my team and there was the screen showing Battle in at RB and Mendenhall on my bench and the Bright Yellow SUBMIT button glowing in the top right... ugh
    Thats rough man. My Colts made Battle look like AP.
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    robbyras:
    robbyras:
    Well, as long as Nate Burleson has fewer than 8 points tonight, it won't matter... but it still bugs
  • Options
    RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    robbyras:
    t_evan50:
    robbyras:
    robbyras:
    Well, as long as Nate Burleson has fewer than 8 points tonight, it won't matter... but it still bugs
    Hopefully he gets 9pts. Figures Big Ben has a good week when i put him on the bench. Still had a good QB but think I would be winning with ben in
  • Options
    Nice win Rob if only i played this week a little differently oh well.

on a side note it looks like week 6 we are all playing the same team from week 3. Not sure if you wanted to change that.
  • Options
    Close game this week Rick! Stafford and Best had me worried coming into last night. I was up by 40 and thought those two were gonna erase that lead by halftime. Now onto more bye week miseries
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Yeah good match up, for you, lol...
  • Options
    RaschNuts:
    Nice win Rob if only i played this week a little differently oh well.

on a side note it looks like week 6 we are all playing the same team from week 3. Not sure if you wanted to change that.
    Thanks! yeah, you left a lot of points on the bench but some of those guys you'd never normally play... baldwin was a total gold mine... he really won this week for me... sometimes desperation pays off i guess...

I'll get the schedule updated today
  • Options
    Schedules are updated... if you are playing someone you already played, let me know... after this we should be good for the rest of the season...
  • Options
    I've got a couple RB's to potentially trade... Ben Tate and Jackie Battle... Tate is more of a back-up but Battle looks like the guy in KC... With Mendenhall (assuming he gets healthy), Felix Jones, Lynch and Torain, I have plenty of depth there...

Dallas Clark is also available if someone wants to buy low...

I'm looking for an upgrade at TE and/or WR
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    OK. I need help at RB and WR. Anyone want a stud quarterback? I'd consider offers for either one. Vick or Newton.
  • Options
    Can the owner of 601 Blues PM me... I'm not sure who the owner is...
  • Options
    this feels like the week that the commish get's back to .500
  • Options
    Question: If there is an owner who is clearly not updating his team for any reason, should the commish step in a plug in any obvious starters who are benched? Example: one team has Charlie Batch starting at QB and Tony Romo on the bench... I'm fairness to the league, should the commish have the power to bench Batch for Romo? I'm only talking about very clear situations like this or if someone is playing a guy who is hurt, on a bye, etc...

it's a grey area so I thought I'd bring it up... i mean there is money on the line here
  • Options
    Some are more active than others. Others, like myself, are just not very good. LOL.
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Question: If there is an owner who is clearly not updating his team for any reason, should the commish step in a plug in any obvious starters who are benched? Example: one team has Charlie Batch starting at QB and Tony Romo on the bench... I'm fairness to the league, should the commish have the power to bench Batch for Romo? I'm only talking about very clear situations like this or if someone is playing a guy who is hurt, on a bye, etc...

it's a grey area so I thought I'd bring it up... i mean there is money on the line here
    I understand what your sayin, But IMO its up to the manager to manage the team, Maybe if it continues to be an issue that individual (I dont even know who you are talking about) will be prevented from further participation (next season) things happen but if it were me Id contact the commish and ask for the changes to be made if possible if I was away, Hopefully he's ok
  • Options
    The Kid:
    robbyras:

I understand what your sayin, But IMO its up to the manager to manage the team, Maybe if it continues to be an issue that individual (I dont even know who you are talking about) will be prevented from further participation (next season) things happen but if it were me Id contact the commish and ask for the changes to be made if possible if I was away, Hopefully he's ok
    +1 I'd let er ride. If u wanna win in this league, sometimes u gotta put in some work.
  • Options
    Enjoying the close games today..Lions/49ers earlier and now the Cowboys/Patriots
  • Options
    games on TV have been good unfortunately my team is prob done for the year ill prob end up in last place lol
  • Options
    Yea my only decent rb is out. my te puts up a goose-egg. Man what a season.
  • Options
    t_evan50:
    The Kid:
    robbyras:

+1 I'd let er ride. If u wanna win in this league, sometimes u gotta put in some work.

I agree. Maybe shoot him a PM and make sure everything is okay.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Thats right boys.... tonights the night that Reggie Bush and Santonio Holmes combine for 39 points between the two of em to bring home a victory for The Sniper!!!

***TRANSLATION - Early congratluations to Team Raptor for their win. LOL GO BEARS!!!***

• Options
    I fighting hard for that second to last place.
  • Options
    I am going to get raped with bye weeks for the next two weeks