Home Cigar 101
Options

Humi-Care Electric Humidifier

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Urbs, you're cabinet has me all giddy. Would you mind disclosing her price tag?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Urbs, you're cabinet has me all giddy.
    That's what she said. (I have no idea what that means. It just seemed like I should say it.)
    madurofan:
    Would you mind disclosing her price tag?
    I paid $599.
  • Options
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Urbs, you're cabinet has me all giddy.
    That's what she said. (I have no idea what that means. It just seemed like I should say it.)
    madurofan:
    Would you mind disclosing her price tag?
    I paid $599.
    Classic urbi. Thats not bad at all. hmmmm.

Oh and btw, any idea how far Paducha, KY is from you?
  • Options
    Yeah, there are several places that price it in that range. The only trick is finding one with reasonable shipping.

I don't really know how far it is. I'd guess it's a few hours by car, though.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Urbi that cabinet looks awesome congratulations.

• Options
    Thanks, dep! I'm hoping it's awesome when it gets here.

It occurs to me that it's guaranteed to be useful. Even if I stop smoking cigars someday, it'd be a great cabinet for storing wool sweater.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    urbino:
    Yeah, there are several places that price it in that range. The only trick is finding one with reasonable shipping.

Hey Urbi, how much did you pay for shipping. I paid $200 for mine but it came with a free Hyrda LG. So, I guess this is what I'll use for humidification along with some beads.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Heh, its 3.5 hours, looked closer. Thats a little far for an evening herf.
  • Options
    Yeah, that'd be a bit much. It may be just as well, though. With the hours I'm working right now, I wouldn't exactly be "high availability," as they say.

I paid $150, banana. I'm not familiar with the Hydra. I'll have to look that one up.
  • Options
    All this posting on here takes up too much of your day, eh? What is it you do now Urbs? I remember hearing a few things you used to do but not what you currently do.
  • Options
    I do the software thang. Senior developer/architect kind of stuff.
  • Options
    Cool. So you design the garbage that I have to make work for the customer ;). I kid.
  • Options
    Yes, we've seen some of you consultant types blow through. It's amazing, the vortex of cash you pull out the door behind you. :)
  • Options
    urbino:
    Yes, we've seen some of you consultant types blow through. It's amazing, the vortex of cash you pull out the door behind you. :)
    Especially considering the very little amount of work we do. I guess it makes up for the way you developer types document your software.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    Especially considering the very little amount of work we do.
    Truly.

Well, the humi left Orlando at 5:13 this morning, at a fighting weight of 185 lbs. What's that make it? A light-heavyweight?
  • Options
    FedEx Trucking says it'll be delivered on the 16th. They'll have to haul some serious ass to make that date.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    haha, lol. Urby where are these pics maddy speaks of? also what brand and where did you get this? I'd hate to spend about the same on a 1500..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Urby where are these pics maddy speaks of?
    Hunh? What pics maddy speaks of?
    urbino:
    also what brand and where did you get this? I'd hate to spend about the same on a 1500..
    PM on its way, oh dodgy rodent.
  • Options
    That Hydra LG looks pretty sweet, banana. I think you may have gotten a better deal than I did.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    urbino:
    That Hydra LG looks pretty sweet, banana. I think you may have gotten a better deal than I did.
    I hope it works as well as the Oasis.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Dang, Bino (I like that better... Bino before, there'll be no gas after) -

That's a serious setup. I was so engrossed in this thread that I totally missed my 9 AM meeting. Normally, that'd be OK, but it was a 1-on-1 meeting, so I know I was missed :)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Urby where are these pics maddy speaks of?
    Hunh? What pics maddy speaks of?
    urbino:
    also what brand and where did you get this? I'd hate to spend about the same on a 1500..
    PM on its way, oh dodgy rodent.
    dodgy huh?
  • Options
    Well I'll be darned. They did haul some serious ass. The local terminal called today to say they have my humi, and scheduled delivery for tomorrow morning. Wheeeee!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sweet ....guess you'll be callin in excited er i mean sick and workin on this baby all day. keep us posted 'Bino....just when i thought i was out.....they pull me back in.....have no idea why i typed that
  • Options
    Nah. I mean, if I could start loading it up right away, sure. But, obviously, all I can really do is put it in its little nook and let it start seasoning. I've got me an Oasis II XL (which, btw, is bigger than all outdoors), so I'll sock that in there and a bowl of distilled water, and let it simmer.

I figger the very earliest I'll be able to put anything in it will be Mon. Aside from the volume of air, that's a lot of cedar to get humidified and stabilized.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Just one bowl? You may want to set an acquarium or two in there. That's a lot of wood. The air will exchange dramatically once you open it. I think you'll want it nicely over-humidified to get started, especially with this dry winter air.
  • Options
    That Oasis II is meant for walk in humidors. I'd say if you cranked that up to 80% you could be seasoned in 24 hours.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Just one bowl? You may want to set an acquarium or two in there. That's a lot of wood. The air will exchange dramatically once you open it. I think you'll want it nicely over-humidified to get started, especially with this dry winter air.
    Well, I'm talking about a big mixing bowl, but you may be right anyway.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    That Oasis II is meant for walk in humidors. I'd say if you cranked that up to 80% you could be seasoned in 24 hours.
    The II is definitely much bigger than I expected. When the humi gets here (they're running late), I'll crank it up to "Bayou" and see what happens.
  • Options
    Houston, the Eagle has landed.