Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    In this 2008 remake of a 2006 fantasy horror musical, the female protagonist is told she has a rare blood disorder.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Just wondering if i could take a stab at it i have not traded on this site yet so i just wanted to check and see that it was ok before i posted an answer.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Well, according to the rules, you pass the 25 post mark, you just need to somehow get into the Good Traders and Stand Up folks list before you can do it. One provision, you might be able to talk pheebs into getting you in, shoot him a PM.
  • Options
    smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    Alrighty hmm how to get on the good traders list how about you just PM me your addy and i will shoot you some sticks i have way to many anyways and i need to get on the good traders list somehow.
  • Options
    Can we get another clue beta?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    In this 2008 remake of a 2006 fantasy horror musical, the female protagonist is told she has a rare blood disorder.
    Repo! The Genetic Opera ?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    alienmisprint:
    betasynn:
    Repo! The Genetic Opera ?
    Correct! A personal favorite of mine, actually. And sorry I didn't provide more clues, my housemate forgot to pay the verizon bill so I've only gotten internet by mooching off the girlfriend. I think I still have your data, alien, but let me know VIA PM your info just in case, and I'll ship it out on... tomorrow!
  • Options
    Right on, PM sent. Ok, for my movie question...

This mid-late 80's movie revolves around warriors from another dimension coming to Earth in order to keep an evil sorceror from obtaining a key that one of the travelers carries.
  • Options
    Okay, next hint:

This movie starred an actress who is best known for her work in television (but who has also starred in several quite popular movies) and who got her "big break" in a music video.
  • Options
    It was based on a cartoon from the early 80's, but differed quite a bit from the cartoon.
  • Options
    mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    Masters of the Universe
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    Masters of the Universe
    Thats it man, shoot me your mailing addy and let me know if there is anything in particular you really dig/want to try or if there is anything you absolutely don't like.
  • Options
    PM sent, Ill post as soon as I can think of a movie
  • Options
    this movie got the lead actress kicked off her TV show
  • Options
    mustluvcigars:
    this movie got the lead actress kicked off her TV show
    This may not ne true. Upon further research, She went on to a role in a spinoff which was produced by her TV dad who has been said to have disowned her over her role in this movie.
  • Options
    this movie is centered around voodoo and stars one the greastest actors of our time as the devil.
  • Options
    I knew exactly what movie you were talking about when you posted the voodoo thing. It's Angel Heart. Good movie if you want to have your head spin a bit.
  • Options
    Angle Heart is right. PM your info and ill send you a prize.
  • Options
    EDIT: If you guys saw the original clues, sorry, but after thinking about it for a bit, the movie is a bit too little known to be a good trivia question (The film in question was Gabriel, an Aussie film).

So here is a new clue: The lead actress in the movie was nominated not for leading actress, but supporting actress and won. This was due to a plan made by the director to guarantee her winning an Oscar.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I'll make a wild guess: Jessica Lange in Tootsie?
  • Options
    Nope, but I do want to see that movie pretty badly, haven't heard anything negative about it.
  • Options
    This movie has one of the most famous movie lines of all time in it.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    This movie has one of the most famous movie lines of all time in it.
    Last guess: Eva Marie Saint - On the Waterfront
  • Options
    Got it, such a great classic movie. Shoot me your addy.
  • Options
    It was the famous movie line hint that got it for me. "I coulda been a contender." PM incoming!
  • Options
    Okay, here's my movie trivia question: Mid 80's movie that featured a classic punk soundtrack and ends with a Chevy Malibu ascending skyward.
  • Options
    Anyone? Do you need another clue?
  • Options
    I think I know it, but I just answered one not too long ago. I'll wait to see if someone else gets it.
  • Options
    Here's another clue if anyone is interested: The actor who got second billing in this movie had a prominent role in The Breakfast Club.
  • Options
    I think I was thinking of a differnet movie. The one I was thinking of was released in 1984 and has no one in common with The Breakfast Club.