Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup we've all been there. No biggie before long you'll be getting into the fun and games and wondering what you got yourself into. Welcome to the forums.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    One of the cast looks like an Oscar the Grouch living quarters cast off.
    One of the characters is named Maximillian.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    The movie is Sci Fi and from the 70s.
    One charater was psycho.
    One character is an Oscar the Grouch living quarters cast off.
    One character is named Maximillian.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Black Hole
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    The movie is Sci Fi and from the 70s.
    One charater was psycho.
    One character is an Oscar the Grouch living quarters cast off.
    One character is named Maximillian.
    Could it be: The Black Hole. :)
    dowjr1:
    Black Hole
    Correct. Send me your info so I can get a prize out to you.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    dowjr1:
    Black Hole
    Damn, I spent days researching this one. Good guess, Jr.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    bump
    Never did see that one.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Bump. Found the thread on page three.
    Marker:
    dowjr1:
    Black Hole
    Send me your addy please dowjr1 and you are up for a movie.
    PM sent w addy. Pretty happy about getting that one right. I am a bit of a movie buff...not huge but I try. So my younger brother and I play a game where I text him a line from a move and he has to guess where it comes from. So here is a line from an early 1960's action movie for you guys: "Well it wouldn't do to make a habit of it." Two hints: 1) Spider 2) Crab Key
    Too easy :). I love that movie.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Hmm thinking "Dr. No"
    Yeah I put a lot of hints in there. Maybe next time I will have to make it tougher.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that was a little easier than most.. Watch a few Bond movies over the weekend. Not that one though
    "Oh Money Penny, the story of our relationship....close...but no cigar"
    bump
    So seen that its been slowly creeping down the ranks here, is this still going or did someone get the right answer? Anyway going to BUMP it again.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    That would be 'The World is not Enough'

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    That would be 'The World is not Enough'

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    Ok so since my last movie question was entirely too easy, I will have to make this one a bit more challenging. Winner gets the pass....it is my turn after all and Marker hit me with a kaczynski special today that will leave me happliy occupied for a little while. SO here goes: A 1999 ground bending movie has three distinct references to a fairy tale. Name the movie, the fairy tale and three references in the movie related to it. This one actually isn't that hard but sure is fun IMHO.
    Well I thought I had this one but the movie I'm thinking was made in 2000.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Since I hate seeing this thread on page 3, slowly dying I'm going for it. I think the ground bending movie is The Matrix, filled with many running references to Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

When Neo gives the disc to the mescaline dude he has been told (by Trinity or someone in the Matrix) to "follow the White Rabbit" which ends up being the girl's tattoo.

When Neo meets Morpheus he is offered a pill (the blue one?) which will keep him in Wonderland and show him how far the Rabbit Hole goes.

When Neo's location is being traced for his extraction from the soupy energy pod he lives in and he is transforming into the "real" world he sticks his finger into and is subsequently over-taken with a Looking Glass.

Great movie and great book, too. Let's get this thread rolling again!
    I just got done with the movie trivia so I was going to let it slide. Sadly I let it slide too far. I should have guessed. Thank you for hitting this up Bighairpoon.
    Darn good caomparison bigharpoon I never noticed that before, good to see someone remembered this thread cuz I forgot.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    bigharpoon:
    Since I hate seeing this thread on page 3, slowly dying I'm going for it. I think the ground bending movie is The Matrix, filled with many running references to Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

When Neo gives the disc to the mescaline dude he has been told (by Trinity or someone in the Matrix) to "follow the White Rabbit" which ends up being the girl's tattoo.

When Neo meets Morpheus he is offered a pill (the blue one?) which will keep him in Wonderland and show him how far the Rabbit Hole goes.

When Neo's location is being traced for his extraction from the soupy energy pod he lives in and he is transforming into the "real" world he sticks his finger into and is subsequently over-taken with a Looking Glass.

Great movie and great book, too. Let's get this thread rolling again!
    very well played
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    bump