Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Okay, first clue to the new one:

This movie was based on a movie that was heavily influenced by operatic themes
    2 Fast 2 Furious. What's my prize?!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    perkinke:

Hmmm, cars have engines, engines have rings, valkyries are similar to the furies, Wagner's Ring Cycle included Ride of the Valkyries. yeah i see that. But no. ;)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    SleevePlz:
    perkinke:

Hmmm, cars have engines, engines have rings, valkyries are similar to the furies, Wagner's Ring Cycle included Ride of the Valkyries. yeah i see that. But no. ;)
    Sorry, saw operatic, thought operations, like mathematical operations, which made me think of numbers. Saw themes, which made me think of English class, which led me to the alliteration. Thought for sure I figured this one out. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.....
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    SleevePlz:
    perkinke:

Now I'm humming. This is going to be fun.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Wait... this movie, is based on a movie, and that other movie is operatic.. lol
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    repo
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    perkinke:

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Les Miserables
    perkinke:

Remember, the movie was based on another movie. The movie it was based on was heavily influenced by operatic themes.

Second clue:
    This movie is a comedy.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    so who's turn is it to post the movie trivia? martel or perkinke?
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Robin Hood men in tights lol
    Money can't buy taste
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    so who's turn is it to post the movie trivia? martel or perkinke?
    We're doing it together. He won from me. Then I randomly guessed his next movie. So instead of just trading gars, we're both going to hit the next winner. One movie, alternating the clues.

Martel:
    perkinke:

Remember, the movie was based on another movie. The movie it was based on was heavily influenced by operatic themes.

Second clue:
    This movie is a comedy.
    bumpity

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Zorro
    Money can't buy taste
    Martel:
    Martel:
    perkinke:

Second clue:
    This movie is a comedy.
    bumpity
    Movie based on a movie? Does that mean it's a sequel?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Wild guess... Trading Places?
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topsy turvy
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 10 Things I Hate About You
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:
    Martel:
    perkinke:

Second clue:
    This movie is a comedy.
    bumpity
    Movie based on a movie? Does that mean it's a sequel?
    not a sequel. Based on another movie.

JMartinez10:
    10 Things I Hate About You
    Did the taming of the shrew turn into an opera? I guess I wouldn't be surprised. You're nowhere near close, but probably closer than any of the other guesses.

• perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Next Clue: The actor who plays the primary antagonist had never before, and has not since, played the bad guy in a movie.
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Django unchained
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brain Donors
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm think in maybe something old....fist full of dollars.I know that was inspired a Chinese film.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Spaceballs
    JMartinez10:
    Spaceballs
    I was gonna guess that, but I saw it was a guess earlier in the game, so I figured it was out.
  • Must have missed that so let me change it to

She's All That
    JMartinez10:
    Spaceballs
    What gave it away? We have a winner.

Buuuuut...we'll have to check a scoring decision. Less than 22 hours between guesses. Let me confer with my partner in crime and the forum.

And I didn't even get to use my Colonel Bogey March clue.

Puff_Dougie:
    JMartinez10:
    Spaceballs
    I was gonna guess that, but I saw it was a guess earlier in the game, so I figured it was out.
    What? Where? You mean an earlier set of questions, because I haven't seen the guess for this set of clues.

Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    JMartinez10:
    Spaceballs
    What? Where? You mean an earlier set of questions, because I haven't seen the guess for this set of clues.
    Yeah... it was an earlier set of questions. I ruled it out because I figured if it came up before it would be too obvious. That brilliant strategy fooled me... but not the coach! Congrats JMartinez10! Well played, sir!