Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Im gonna guess Memories of Me
    Survey says... BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Sorry Shadow... good guess though!
    I dont think i got to vote on this survey...
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Okay so I'm hoping some of you like movies.. So this works like the fun and games pass so same rules apply. 1 answer per 24 hours, must be on the good trader list and the winner is to be sent at least 4 cigars. More if the sender would like too. Nothing has to be super premium but it's always a pleasant surprise. So I'll start the thing rolling...

So this is one of my all time favorite movies, it won an Antennae II Award and it had 2 male animals that posed as male and female...
    bump
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Okay so I'm hoping some of you like movies.. So this works like the fun and games pass so same rules apply. 1 answer per 24 hours, must be on the good trader list and the winner is to be sent at least 4 cigars. More if the sender would like too. Nothing has to be super premium but it's always a pleasant surprise. So I'll start the thing rolling...

bump
    Current Movie Challenge:

Clue #1 - This movie is a drama, directed by a 1970's sit com star.

Clue #2 - The actor who played the main role in this drama was also a 1970's sit com star, but from a different sit com. Both sit coms, however, were spin-offs from another one, set in the 1950's.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    phobicsquirrel:

bump
    Current Movie Challenge:

Clue #2 - The actor who played the main role in this drama was also a 1970's sit com star, but from a different sit com. Both sit coms, however, were spin-offs from another one, set in the 1950's.
    Clue #3 - The female lead in this movie is played by an actress best known for being the voice of a beloved character from a long-running animated TV comedy.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    Puff_Dougie:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    phobicsquirrel:

bump
    Current Movie Challenge:

Clue #3 - The female lead in this movie is played by an actress best known for being the voice of a beloved character from a long-running animated TV comedy.
    OK... either everyone has lost interest in this game, or my clues suck! Let's try another clue and see what happens...

Clue #4 - The leading role in this movie was a big change for the actor, who is usually known for his hyper-active, improvisational comedy talents, first showcased in his role as a rainbow suspender-wearing alien in the TV sit com referenced in Clue #2.
    Son of a gun... its right there on the tip of my toung. I know who you are talking about with #4
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Son of a gun... its right there on the tip of my toung. I know who you are talking about with #4
    I looked in the miorr and saw it
    Awakenings with Robin Williams
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Ding Ding Ding!!! And, we have a WINNER!

Nice job Shadow!! PM your addy and the next movie is all yours!

Clue Solutions (in case anyone was curious)

Answer: Penny Marshall, TV's Laverne from Laverne & Shirley

Answer: Robin Williams, from Mork & Mindy, another spin-off from Happy Days

Answer: Julie Kavner, the voice of Marge Simpson

Clue #4 - The leading role in this movie was a big change for the actor, who is usually known for his hyper-active, improvisational comedy talents, first showcased in his role as a rainbow suspender-wearing alien in the TV sit com referenced in Clue #2.
    Answer: Serious role for the actor who we first knew as Mork from Orc
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Bet you're right. That's what I was thinking. Penny Marshall-LaVerne (or Shirley?) and Mork.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Pm Sent
    Clue will be up tonight when i think of a good one
    Clue #1 This movies scrip was orignally called "Everybody Comes to Rick's"
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    And the main character always plays chess. But I'm not answering.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    I got it too... but not answering. :^)
    Wow was this one that easy?
    If you are familiar with classic movies, that was a pretty easy clue. But let's see if anybody else gets it. Might have been more obvious to me just because I'm older than dirt. :^)
    It's about 30 years before I was born
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    It's about 30 years before I was born
    Is that clue #2? LOL!
    Shadow... check your PM
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Wow was this one that easy?
    Quite easy. Well, for younger folks I suppose it might not be.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? Everyone knows it's Casablanca but know one is posting? Are we giving him another movie?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Am I missing something? Everyone knows it's Casablanca but know one is posting? Are we giving him another movie?
    I didn't answer, cause it would hurt my brain to try and think up the questions and all.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Echambers:

Pm Echambers
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Echambers:

Pm Echambers
    Replied
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer, cause it would hurt my brain to try and think up the questions and all.
    HAHA, I respect a man who is honest!!!
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer because I had just won and wanted to give someone else a chance.
    I'll post the first clue after the Super Bowl.
    Puff_Dougie:
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer because I had just won and wanted to give someone else a chance.
    I didn't answer because I make the clues too hard and drive the fun out of the game when I win.

Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer because I make the clues too hard and drive the fun out of the game when I win.

Sorry... couldn't resist. ;^p
    First clue:

Movie in the 1960s, reimagined as a tv drama in the 1980s

New clue tomorrow unless someone guesses tonight.
    Bump because I don't want to have to think of another clue.