Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Dallas
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    M*A*S*H ??
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both good guesses but also wrong (in the sense that they don't match the movie I picked).

Second clue: This movie was directed by the same person that directed a classic rock opera in the early 70s.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Third clue: progressively (for the time) addressed race relationships and stereotypes.
    Hill street blues
    flowbee:
    Hill street blues
    Sorry, but no.
    My winnings for the movie trivia game from shadowinthemoon today:

Thanks Corbin! I really like the relics and the fonseca are new to me. This is Corbin's first trade/bomb/game so everyone say hi!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    Hill street blues
    But I think it's the right genre...could be wrong, but I think I've got it. Only I haven't had a chance to go to the post office and send out my last prize package, so I shouldn't do this any more.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    In the Heat of the Night?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Puff_Dougie:
    DING DING DING DING. We have a winner! Now you have to pm me your address :-)
    Echambers:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Dang it! Did I say "In the Heat of the Night"?? I meant "Saturday Night Fever"!!!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Echambers:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Dang it! Did I say "In the Heat of the Night"?? I meant "Saturday Night Fever"!!!
    Haha. Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I can't stand not knowing if I'm right!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    After a 13 hr shift i saw these on the counter at 2 am...

Im really excited to try the Gurkha. Thanks Puff_Dougie
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
    Glad your prize package arrived safe and sound, Corbin! And what a way to end a long shift! Enjoy!
    OK Gang... New Movie Trivia Challenge!!!

Clue #1 - This movie was directed by this guy, who was posthumously awarded the Golden Turkey Award as the "Worst Director of All Time."

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    OK Gang... New Movie Trivia Challenge!!!

Clue #1 - This movie was directed by this guy, who was posthumously awarded the Golden Turkey Award as the "Worst Director of All Time."

Would it be glen or Glenda??
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Nope. But you're definitely on the right track! :^)
    Orgy of the Dead
    Two good guesses. The next clue ought to do it...

Clue #2: The movie, whose plot involves the return of people from the dead, ironically gave star billing to a legendary horror film actor who had died three years before it's release.
    Mailman delivered my Movie Trivia trophy from flowbee today! Nice selection of sticks, Chris! Never tried the Leoninos, and the Grand Marnier looks almost too fancy to smoke... almost! Thanks, brother. Can't wait for the weather to break!

And Sam is doing much better. Still waiting for test results, but he's back to his old self for the time being. Thanks for the prayers!
    Ibeleive its been 24 hours.I'm gonna say its plan 9 from outer space.was my first thought when I saw the ed wood picture.but I thought you might have went with the cross dressing movie ..given the trend of this forum..lol..

twistedstem:
    Ibeleive its been 24 hours.I'm gonna say its plan 9 from outer space.was my first thought when I saw the ed wood picture.but I thought you might have went with the cross dressing movie ..given the trend of this forum..lol..
    You got it Vance! PM your addy please.

Sorry about the delay: 9114901123086381492673.
    Echambers:
    Sorry about the delay: 9114901123086381492673.
    No worries, Eric. It's too freakin' cold here to smoke anyway. LOL
    Puff_Dougie:
    twistedstem:
    You got it Vance! PM your addy please.

OK will do,and I will post a question some time tomorrow after work!

Prize package from Eric arrived today. WAY too many sticks in there, buddy! Thanks for the nice selection! The Nub Cameroon is callin' my name!!

Puff_Dougie:
    Prize package from Eric arrived today. WAY too many sticks in there, buddy! Thanks for the nice selection! The Nub Cameroon is callin' my name!!

all really good smokes.enjoy them big poppa puff!!

got my prize package from puff dougie today,excellent set of sticks thank you brother!! trivia prize photo IMG_20140212_170642_zpsloueikf5.jpg

ok here we go first clue.this an older movie with the main theme of the movie being dont always beleive what you see..

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reindeer Games.