Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh! Oooh! I know what it is! Not gonna guess, though. I'll let someone else get this one.

BTW, nice tribute!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    Puff_Dougie:
    Oooh! Oooh! I know what it is! Not gonna guess, though. I'll let someone else get this one.

BTW, nice tribute!
    Thanks. I was worried I was being to vague. I will let this clue sit for a bit before moving on.
  • TheGOATTheGOAT Posts: 69
    I just got one, so I'll let someone else get this one. One of my all time favorite movies though.
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    Ghostbusters?
    TwoThingism:
    Ghostbusters?
    Close, but no Cigar.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannonball run?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stripes
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Stubble:
    Stripes
    Tag, your it! Great job
    SWEET!

Clue #1: Set in Texas (of course), mystery/crime filmed in 1984, based on a novel.
    Stubble:
    SWEET!

Clue #1: Set in Texas (of course), mystery/crime filmed in 1984, based on a novel.
    Clue #2: Two main characters are lawmen, one is a real treat, the other can sing. Conspiracy involved.
    Dang it! I know this one too!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Doooo ittttt.
    I gotta quit playin' these games!

Flashpoint, bro! It's Flashpoint!!!
    Puff_Dougie:
    I gotta quit playin' these games!

Flashpoint, bro! It's Flashpoint!!!
    You very, very good! I will need your address Sir!

ETA: Comin at'cha Puff: 9114901230803021472795

PM sent... *sigh

Here we go...

Clue #1 - One of the leading antagonists in this movie began his career as a stand-up comedian, and died in 2013 of a rare form of cancer.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roadhouse
    no matter where you go, there you are.

twistedstem:
    Roadhouse
    Good guess... but nope!
    Clue #2 - The main antagonist in the movie, before World War II and the beginning of his film career, toured Mexico as a clown and high-wire artist, but secretly worked for U.S. Army intelligence, taking pictures of German U-boats in Mexican harbors.
    Clue # 3 - The lead actor in this film was offered the role of James Bond after Sean Connery, but turned it down because he didn't think it would be right for an American to play 007.
    The Longest Yard.
    Once I heard the Bond reference I knew it was Burt!
    Nice job, Nick! One of my all-time favorite movies. I could never understand why they thought they had to re-make it - with Adam Sandler, of all people - in 2005! The original is a classic!

PM your addy and I'll get your prize in the mail later this week.
    My turn...

Clue #1: The main character is a cop.
    Coming your way "smoke em if you got em"
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Robocop?
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
    Nope
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Nice job, Nick! One of my all-time favorite movies. I could never understand why they thought they had to re-make it - with Adam Sandler, of all people - in 2005! The original is a classic!

PM your addy and I'll get your prize in the mail later this week.
    I never knew that about Burt!

Nice one guys!!
    Comin' atcha, Nick! 9114901159818054252272
    The lead actor got this start in a popular TV series and then moved on to movies.
    Another clue...the movie is based in San Francisco...