Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Movie Trivia prize package arrived from Stubble today!! Great selection of sticks AND a super cool nub-sticker thingy!!!! I am so stoked!! Thanks Steve!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see they got there...that nubber is well deserved!!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Stubble:
    Good to see they got there...that nubber is well deserved!!!!
    Thanks again, bro! Super psyched about the nubber! Can't wait to use it this weekend!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • TheGOATTheGOAT Posts: 69
    Got my winnings from puff_dougie. Thanks for the sticks, I have not tried any of the Trinidad's yet!
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    curtiscr79:
    smoke em if you got em:
    curtiscr79:
    Primal Fear
    really? PM me that addy.freakin newbs
    No way, HA! That's funny right there.
    Got my end of the deal from Smoke em if you got em. Top notch selection man, a couple I know I like and some new to me that I wanted to.

Thanks again
    photo 20140313_215507_zpsixonzyot.jpg
    TheGOAT:
    Another clue...the movie is based in San Francisco...
    I think we need another clue, bro...
    The star of this movie also turned down the role of James Bond.
    Got my winnings from flowbee. Great sticks, can't wait to smoke these!

In this movie, the main character is chasing a serial killer...
    Oh Oh! I think I know it!! The only question is, "Do I feel lucky?"
    So are we just going to be trading and talking about movies? Lol.
    TheGOAT:
    So are we just going to be trading and talking about movies? Lol.
    I know, right? I'm in the same endless loop with a bro on another forum. BTW, I didn't officially guess your movie, so somebody else feel free to jump in here...
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    TheGOAT:
    Got my winnings from flowbee. Great sticks, can't wait to smoke these!

Glad you got em bro, Let me know how you like the Indian Tabac, Ive grown to like this cigar made by Rocky P.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    curtiscr79:
    smoke em if you got em:
    curtiscr79:
    Primal Fear
    really? PM me that addy.freakin newbs
    No way, HA! That's funny right there.
    Got my end of the deal from Smoke em if you got em. Top notch selection man, a couple I know I like and some new to me that I wanted to.

Thanks again
    photo 20140313_215507_zpsixonzyot.jpg
    Enjoy bro
    Well, Nick... If nobody guesses it by 10:00 tonight, I'll make it official...
    It's odd because Indian Tabac was the first "premium" that I ever had. It launched me into cigars in a big way. I've been meaning to try the maduro. Thank you.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    TheGOAT:
    It's odd because Indian Tabac was the first "premium" that I ever had. It launched me into cigars in a big way. I've been meaning to try the maduro. Thank you.
    Glad to hear it bro, Enjoy!!
    OK Nick... it's 10:15... the movie is...

Dirty Harry
    Yup.
    Got a kick butt prize package in the mail from TheGOAT today! Awesome sticks, bro! Can't wait to fire up the Graycliff and the Ashton!

Movie trivia thread seems to be stalling out lately, so I'm gonna try to come up with a creative twist for the next round. Will post a new challenge as soon as I can...
    OK... Let's try a new twist on the Movie Trivia Game...

I'll post a quote from a movie. You have to guess the movie it's from. BUT...

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE GOOGLE OR ANY OTHER INTERNET HELP... that would make it WAY too easy.

One guess per person per 24 hours. I'll post a new quote from the same movie each day if nobody gets it.

First Quote:

"I'd give each one of 'em a stick and, one for each one of 'em, then I'd say, 'You break that.' Course they could real easy. Then I'd say, 'Tie them sticks in a bundle and try to break that.' Course they couldn't. Then I'd say, "That bundle... that's family.'"
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Hoosiers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Goodfellas.
    Both good guesses... but nope.
    Second Quote: "Anger, vanity, you mix that together with liquor, you've got two brothers that haven't spoken in ten years."
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    The Straight Story
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    Wow! I thought that was going to be a difficult one...

You got it, Eric! Good job! I'll get something out to you tomorrow or Tuesday.

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    The Straight Story
    Never even heard of it. Trailer looked good
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I almost feel bad Doug. Somehow I keep getting more of your cigars lol! I was an employee/assistant manager of a Movie Gallery from 1999 - 2003 and had over 8,000 rentals on my account when I quit. This one was up for a lot of awards during that stretch and was directed by David Lynch of Twin Peaks fame (the only reason I was intrigued enough to watch it). So I take it I have to come up with the next one? Hmmm...I'll have to give it some thought.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    Aha! A movie ringer! LOL

The cool thing to me about this flick was the character development. Incredibly boring plot, when you think about it, but the story of two brothers reconciling before they die is compelling, and the people Alvin meets along the way kept you engaged in the story.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!