Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Cask Strength. 
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ nice cigar but that glove looks a little crusty!^
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor! Nice!image
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Flor Dominicana 1994. Must be the Rumba - too skinny to be the Aldaba. Sure wish I could remember who bombed me with this one. It's hell getting old..... :p

Why, shoot, I'm almost as old as @peter4jc
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remember -  oldfart is one word, ya old fart.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jlmarta, very nice sir! I had a few of those, but ended up giving as gifts (LOL man that is a fairly constant refrain it seems), but heard that is one of the best LFD's in years. I know Papa Jim really really liked them as did Eric if my memory serves me well, hope you get as much out of it as everyone else I have heard from!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    peter4jc said:
    Just remember -  oldfart is one word, ya old fart.
    Ha Haa!!  Gotcha....    I just felt that I hadn't delivered a zinger to ya in a while...  :D  Didn't want you to feel left out.  
    @jlmarta, very nice sir! I had a few of those, but ended up giving as gifts (LOL man that is a fairly constant refrain it seems), but heard that is one of the best LFD's in years. I know Papa Jim really really liked them as did Eric if my memory serves me well, hope you get as much out of it as everyone else I have heard from!

Brett
    I haven't smoked a lot of LFDs but this one is quite good. It's producing a lot of flavor with a nice, even burn. It's gone out on me a couple times but I think it's more because I haven't  been paying attention more than any other reason. My fault, not the cigar's.. 
    Really glad to hear Marty, always nice when you get a great experience and a special cigar, glad you had such an enjoyable time with it :)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Guitarded said:
    ^ nice cigar but that glove looks a little crusty!^That's from swinging the golf clubs to many times lol
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
  • MoleRatMoleRat Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
     A Camacho, it's a good smoke !
    Went on a absolutely fantastic Father's Day ride for several hours through the Mountains with Pops today. Stopped and had lunch next to the Cache La Poudre river then had a Davidoff Winston Churchill from Nathan @onestrangeone with 14 months on it that was just outstanding thank you! Gave Pops a Long Live the King from Ben @benhanks thanks man! Full sorry and pics later this evening in NCR. 

Brett
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brett that's awesome,looks like you guys had a great time.

Non Crux sed lux
    @johnnyB, thank you bro it was a large time for sure! Came back and had the family meet at Ma and Pops' place and had New York Strip steak with some craft Lefthand beer and homemade blueberry pie courtesy of my sweet. Then got a slick set of running shoes since I started running and a neat vintage look metal sign for my garage as Father's Day presents. A day for the record books that's for sure!

Brett
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    Flatbed Panacea Azul Cameroon and some Makers Mark while the sons are bbq in dinner. Doing a boys weekend for Father's Day. Poker tonight and surprises tomorrow. Life is good!

• eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Diesel D5. Not the greatest cigar but definitely better than that monstrosity this morning. (Too lazy to post a picture)
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Avo Synchro Nicaragua. Bought a fiver of these back on Nov 5th. Smoked the first one ROTT and the second a few months later and gifted two. They were good, enjoyable smokes, but not at the top of my list. Today, after 7 months in the humi, the last of the fiver was much more memorable. Chocolate, caramel sweetness, coffee and a bit of pepper and wood in the final third. The Synchro is worthy of another fiver with the proper rest.
    imageimage
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Aurora Cameroon lancero

• Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I need to try more lancero vitolas. A lot of folks here really like them.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
    Nice smoke, Charlie!