Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a J Fuego Origen Robusto from this months Expert Pick Sampler. Very nice cigar that I wil be getting more of. Medium + in body with a nice spice and cedar profile. The construction and burn were both near perfect. Worth a try if you were undecided.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    very nice after 2 years, last one though, and only had 2 from a sampler. image
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
  • CmtrashCmtrash Posts: 51
    No pictures here but had a Viaje Satori waiting for the storm to hit the east coast. Satori was better with some rest and believe it will balance out some more with time.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    after a few hours of Android programming, I treated myself to a Cohiba Esplendido from 2008. Great reward for my troubles, lol.

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Illusione Eperney Le Monde, great smoke
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Frank Llaneza 1961 Torpedo. Full review in my cigar Journal. Photobucket
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    man... i havent had one of those in a long while. i need to change that.
    Yes you should kuzi, I specifically like the 46/50rg's of that blend. Today, it's a new monte 2. Seems like most ISOM are getting better ROTT and honestly I like this a bit more then the older ones Ive had with lighter wrappers. Not really a monte guy, but I could box buy these image
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Yes you should kuzi, I specifically like the 46/50rg's of that blend. Today, it's a new monte 2. Seems like most ISOM are getting better ROTT and honestly I like this a bit more then the older ones Ive had with lighter wrappers. Not really a monte guy, but I could box buy these image
    What is the date on them, Dustin? I just got some Oct. 11's in and was planning on putting them down for a long nap. Smoking them ROTT never really occurred to me.

And I agree about the Cabaiguan, excellent cigars!
    bigharpoon:
    catfishbluezz:
    What is the date on them, Dustin? I just got some Oct. 11's in and was planning on putting them down for a long nap. Smoking them ROTT never really occurred to me.

And I agree about the Cabaiguan, excellent cigars!
    no idea, got a three pack. Not really a monte fan, but id been hearing good things about them as of late with the dark wrappers. The profile seems different then the few Ive had in the past, my guess is 11 or 12. I'm actually trying to figure out what I like ROTT. I know what I like aged, and some of the newer stuff is good ROTT so it fills a need. I really don't want to smoke some of my aging stash until they are ready, and I plan on buying several boxes in the near future. Half to age, half to smoke.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supershot courtesy of BigTex...

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Now I know why everyone loves the Supershot. I have one more, that I'll review in a week or two. At about a half inch in, it picked up some sweet notes, building into something I've never experienced in a cigar...it had a sweet sassafras note

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    dbeckom:
    Now I know why everyone loves the Supershot. I have one more, that I'll review in a week or two. At about a half inch in, it picked up some sweet notes, building into something I've never experienced in a cigar...it had a sweet sassafras note
    Dwayne, is that the 10 gauge? Either way, yes the Supershots are very delicious and perfect for a 40ish minute smoke.
    Really hoping Viaje brings these back and does another "limited production run" of the Supershots. I'd love to grab a box.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    robertgreen30:
    Mmm, 50/50 Black, one of my favorites. Never got a chance to try the red.
    jgibv:
    dbeckom:
    dbeckom:
    Dwayne, is that the 10 gauge? Either way, yes the Supershots are very delicious and perfect for a 40ish minute smoke.
    Really hoping Viaje brings these back and does another "limited production run" of the Supershots. I'd love to grab a box.
    Glad you enjoyed it Dwayne! jgibv, this one a 12 ga. I wound up with a few of these as they are one of my faves. PM to you as well.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    San Cristobal elegancia
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    My first JDN dark corojo. First jdn in fact
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    robertgreen30:
    Rob, you're on a roll today.
    Rain:
    robertgreen30:
    Rob, you're on a roll today.
    Had a 2 hour drive and enjoyed very minute of it Great smoke
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tat brown label mini corona(?) from bigshizza while I grill these hot wings ! YUMM!!!!!
    thanks Jim!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

chemforever:
    what did you think Phil???
    Had the Headley Grange first
    Then the Oktoberfest