Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster , the cigar ought to last well beyond the beer, no?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not the way I drink, the cigar will be gone before I finish this beer.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Home safe! Nicotina! Excellent!

Welcome home Charles.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Frank! Good to be home, except for work tomorrow! @VegasFrank

• Options
    edited February 2023

@Yakster said:

I ordered a box of these last March when they finally came back in stock after a long, annoying absence and they're smoking good now, much better flavor than what they had last year when I first tried them. I'm happy.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Thanks Frank! Good to be home, except for work tomorrow! @VegasFrank

Work? I guess you could call it that. 😉

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@Yakster , I gotta ask, what is the matte silver dohicky between the beer and the lighter?

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

• Options
    edited February 2023

Ha ha, it's basically a paper weight at this point, but it's part of a Weber coffee tumbler that you would use to distribute and load ground coffee into an espresso filter basket. I gave the other part to my mom as a funnel to load coffee into the filter basket of the one cup coffee maker I got her when she wanted something smaller then a by the pot coffee maker. I kept this piece so that it wouldn't be confusing. I sometimes use it as a carburetor lid on my pipes instead of my finger or thumb to revive a bowl that's on the verge of going out. Pipe tobacco give you the most flavor when you smoke it just on the verge of going out instead of puffing it hard so that it's burning hot. It's really a kind of distillation of flavors, the more enjoyable flavors come at lower temps.

Using a finger or thumb as a carb works well but can stain your fingers. Also just using a tamper right above the ash in a pipe works well too, the better the fit of the tamper to the bowl the better.

• Options
    edited February 2023

Thanks for the education. I couldn't figure it it, but I've seen images of similar looking items, and well....you wouldn't really post images of them in polite circles.

So when you use it, it sits on the rim (?) of the pipe, bit there are some that fit into the bowl?