Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Holidays for the Troops

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fellas,

Here come the holidays and once again I really want to throw together a couple of nice packages to send to our soldiers overseas. The last time I did this it was a huge success and we got a few great pictures back. I realize that some of you recently got involved in one of these so if you can donate again great. If not no problem. You guys who missed the last one here is your chance

I am asking for donations of cigars, cutters, lighters, magazines, and anything cigar related for our soldiers. I want to get this mailed out by the end of November so I am starting the collection now. I am donating 30 cigars, a lighter, and 5 cutters, with some magazines myself. The goal of this is to hit around the holidays between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Your donation can be as big or small as you want. Anything you donate will be appreciated. I will once again ask that they send us some pictures so I can post the results. Depending on what is collected I plan on hitting 2 to 3 military units at least.

PM me for my address if you need it. A personal note or anything holiday related might be appreciated as well. I will be posting this on another forum to help out. Be sure to include your screen name with your donation so I can be sure everyone gets credit.

Questions, suggestions, input, just ask. Also, if you have any info on a military unit you think I should add to the list please let me know. I want to put together as many packages as I can and if I run short I have another BOTL that does huge military donations who would take the unit info.

Thank you!

Contributors:
XIKAR
Rhamlin - Cigar.com
pbchevo - Cigar.com
jj20030 - Cigar.com
kaspera79 - Cigar.com
PsychoSJG Cigar.com
Jimmie the Mum - StogieChat.com
Teck1337 - StogieChat.com
allsmokedup - Cigar.com
@dmjones1009 - Twitter
Keith1911 - Twitter
JHewey - Cigar.com
RCY Cigars - Cigar.com
amz1301 - Cigar.com
firetruckguy - Cigar.com
kingjk729 - Cigar.com
Mephisto - Cigar.com
MTuccelli - Cigar.com
John Hays Cigar Co
JudoChinX - Cigar.com
Eddie Ortega - EO Brands
Marker - Cigar.com
Shaun.Harrison87 - Cigar.com
90+ Irishman - Cigar.com
james40 - Cigar.com
dowjr1 - Cigar.com
kevin1323 - Cigar.com

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll send you out some sticks tomorrow brother.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got some extra stuff left over from the package I sent out. I will get them to you.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    You know I'm in Jake. Sometime this week with a DC.....

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are the best. If it wasn't for the fellas here at Ccom it wouldn't have been as great as it was the last time. I will accept packages until November 30th so you have plenty of time to jump on board if and when you can. I plan on the first package going out in about 12 days for Thanksgiving.

As before I will update this thread. I will photograph the package before it goes so you all can see what was donated. I will NOT post who donates what though because the guy who donates a 3 pack of cigars is just as important as the guy who donates a box. When the troops send back a letter and pics I will post them all here so you guys can see the troops who received them.

Please include your screen name here so I can give credit to all involved. If you want to add a personal note or unique item please feel free. I might actually gift wrap a few small packages so they can be given out that way.

My contacts are the troops on the ground doing the hard work and will see that as many hard working soldiers get to share the goodies. Thanks again guys.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jake pm me with an address and I will get something out..
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll get something out to you as well brother, PM me your addy please!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I'm in. Need your addy please.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm in for sure... I missed out on the last one, so I want to make up for it... PM me your addy... I'm going to the PO today so I may be able to get them out...
    Sent a little somethin somethin your way brother glad I could be part of this one I missed out on the last. Hope this is as big a success as the last one was.
    DC#03102010000145757284
    Rhamlin, thanks for jumping on this so dang fast.

I replied to everyone except for Irishman, when I click on your name all it says is file not found. Please PM me if you can and I will reply back right away.

Thanks guys.
    All other PM's replied to. I have some guys working on getting some cigar makers involved too so I think this is going to be another fantastic bombing run on our soldiers.
    jsnake:
    All other PM's replied to. I have some guys working on getting some cigar makers involved too so I think this is going to be another fantastic bombing run on our soldiers.
    Man that's frikin awesome brother.
    Good news! XIKAR is donating items to us for the troops. XIKAR does their own donations every month so it is really awesome that they are helping us out too. Amazing people there at XIKAR.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    DC# 03060320000476914919
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Jake pm me with an address and I will get something out..
    x2
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    PM sent, great thread!
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I'm in too Jake, you still at the same address ? PM sent
    All PM's responded to. If you did not get a reply please note the PM system has been acting funky lately and send me a message or post here.

XIKAR is on board and I am waiting to here from a couple cigar companies.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Before I send my package over, I want to make sure lighters are ok, since its being sent by plane. Obviously already bled out. I wanna send over a couple lighters, one being my first cigar lighter when I started in 03.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    03110820000248443149 couple extra for you but im sure youll just add them too, thanks, jj
    PsychoSJG:
    Before I send my package over, I want to make sure lighters are ok, since its being sent by plane. Obviously already bled out. I wanna send over a couple lighters, one being my first cigar lighter when I started in 03.
    Lighters are great if they are bled down. If not I will bleed them down. They need good butane too. Been told it is impossible to get over there.
    jsnake:
    Good news! XIKAR is donating items to us for the troops. XIKAR does their own donations every month so it is really awesome that they are helping us out too. Amazing people there at XIKAR.
    Man that's just beautiful, I'm gonna have to break down and buy something of theirs.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    jsnake, please send me your addy, I have some sticks for our warfighters =)
  • I would love to contribute, but i'm not sure if i'm going to be settled down in time. I'll keep you posted. You will make many military members happy!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'll take a look this weekend and see if I can get something together. Is the 64029 address still good?
    Russ55:
    I'll take a look this weekend and see if I can get something together. Is the 64029 address still good?
    Yes, that is my address still.
    Generous donation received from XIKAR
    Sweet!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Man, that's a nice donation.

• amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Wow, very nice of them.