Options

Holidays for the Troops

Comments

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    frickn awesome bro!!!!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Gad everything arrived ok, can't wait to see pictures before this stuff gets boxed up...keep it goin guys!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Jake!! Really glad that the package got there safely!! I'll PM you the names of who contributed to the one I sent you tonight, forgot to put a list in the box.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ****... I still have to send mine... am I too late? If not I can get it out tomorrow...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too late. I will finish sorting this weekend coming up and mail them on the 30th.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Damn the final pic of this stuff is going to be awesome, nice job everyone who contributed!!!
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Looks awesome!
  • Options
    Ok guys here is the final count:

54 Cigar Cutters

42 Cigar Lighters

15 Magazines

748 CIGARS!!!!

1 Card

4 cans of Butane

2 Humidification Devices

I kind of have a few final pics. Well, it is all piled up as I pack it. Boxes are on the way. Now to wait for the troops to send back pics. You guys are amazing for making this such a huge success. I can't believe how generous you all were. Great job guys. Thank you very much.

Stay tuned for more pics soon.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Ok guys here is the final count:

54 Cigar Cutters

42 Cigar Lighters

15 Magazines

748 CIGARS!!!!

1 Card

4 cans of Butane

2 Humidification Devices

I kind of have a few final pics. Well, it is all piled up as I pack it. Boxes are on the way. Now to wait for the troops to send back pics. You guys are amazing for making this such a huge success. I can't believe how generous you all were. Great job guys. Thank you very much.

Stay tuned for more pics soon.
    wow, awesome, glad to be part of it and thank you for your time and effort! they can open a mini b&m over there, lol , cant wait to see the pictures of them enjoying the smokes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    +1 to what JJ said. I can't imagine the cost of shipping so I tip my hat to you. Would you like some cash to help cover the shipping? Thanks again.
  • Options
    I will dime a brother out here. RCY covered half the shipping and I paid the other half. Due to having 6 of the largest priority boxes filled which was more then I planned for I needed a little help. So 6 boxes are off to 6 various locations around the world. Rick was paying it forward since his unit was one of the ones I hit the first time I did this.

I appreciate the offer though. I just consider the shipping as part of my donation our soldiers.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Nice job Jake, Ric, and everyone else for the generosity shown here. This will long be remembered and much appreciated.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Nice job Jake, Ric, and everyone else for the generosity shown here. This will long be remembered and much appreciated.
    a big +1 here!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Sweet Jesus!!!!! That final count is truly amazing. Also wanna throw a shout out to Wes here... his Joker demands helped get this even bigger than it already was.
  • Options
    Awesome!!!! You are going to make a lot of troops happy for sure!
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    PM to you JSNAKE
  • Options
    I have never been as proud of a community in my life as I am of this one, what a gesture brothers great job!!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frikin awesome!!!
  • Options
    Received confirmation that one package arrived yesterday. I am worried about one of the others. No word from my contact in the unit for some time which is unusual. Please pray that these guys are doing okay in Afghanistan. They are in harms way but I hope the lack of contact is just because they are busy watching their backs. I hope to have some of our first pics posted soon.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Thanks for the update brother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Man, I really hope everyone is okay. Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    Praying for every one of them, thank you for the update and waiting on good news!
  • Options
    prayers sent and my nephew is a marine and he said a week ago he has going somewhere that would be no contacts etc, for 2 weeks.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They got my prayers brother, hopefully they are safe and sound.
  • Options
    jj20030:
    prayers sent and my nephew is a marine and he said a week ago he has going somewhere that would be no contacts etc, for 2 weeks.
    Thanks for the info JJ and thank your nephew for his sacrifice along with his family and you!
  • Options
    Just heard from my buddy in Afghanistan. Don't think the package has landed there yet since he didn't say anything and I want those guys to be surprised. I know the first one that landed made a huge splash and those guys were super happy about it. Hope the others all hit soon too.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    They gonna send pics of them enjoying the gifts?
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    They gonna send pics of them enjoying the gifts?
    Oh yeah, and as soon as they do I will post all of them here. So far I only know 1 has landed for sure.
  • Options
    Ok guys, so far only 1 pic has come in with promises of more. It is the holidays so everyone is busy. I only have confirmation of one package landing. Still waiting to here on the others. Tracking only shows arriving in New Jersey and once it leaves the country no more tracking. Enjoy this pic. These guys said they were sorry for not being in uniform but they were relaxing. This comes from the U.S Navy in Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa, Japan.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Awesome to see them enjoy them. They deserve it and so much more.