Home General Discussion
Options

Show off your Humi set-up

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    Lads, for those of you who have seen the splendor that is the trunkidor I'm sad to announce that it has been knocked down to storage duty only. Too many issues with keeping it sealed. So, this is the new set-up courtesy of my neighbor who moved on Thanksgiving day.
    It was a beautiful thing though.
    Have you tried aquarium sealer on the seams?
    Most of the aquarium sealer is no fumes, so a few humi builders use it on the glass.
    Just a thought.

It's a shame, cause that thing is awesome.

The majority of the problem was getting a good seal around the lid. I plan to revamp my efforts this spring/summer when I can lug it outside and work on it. Until then, the 100ct and 40ct will have to do.
    Thanks for the tip about the aquarium sealer, though. I'll hit the pet shops and snag some.
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Christmas came early!!
    My girlfriend decided to surprise me with a brand new humidor as an early Christmas present.
    I'm in the process of seasoning it right now and threw in the boveda pack to get the RH stabilized before I begin buying cigars to fill it!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    A little more empty then last time, and I switched to beads. Man, I need to move my humi and dust!imageimageimage
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    A little more empty then last time, and I switched to beads. Man, I need to move my humi and dust!imageimageimage
    I see a few cigars that you are missing......Hmmmmmm.
  • Options
    They are either burried or I don't know that they are missing!
  • Options
    Rain:
    You missing point.......There are some cigars that I have in my humidor that I am going to transfer to your humidor.....At Charles Schwaab, they call it "asset transfer".........You will be very happy.......
  • Options
    greg2648:
    Rain:
    You missing point.......There are some cigars that I have in my humidor that I am going to transfer to your humidor.....At Charles Schwaab, they call it "asset transfer".........You will be very happy.......
    I know what you meant, I just refuse to acknowledge you. You just hit me last week, knock it off!
  • Options
    Rain:
    greg2648:
    Rain:
    I know what you meant, I just refuse to acknowledge you. You just hit me last week, knock it off!
    Obviously, I f'ed up......There are some holes in your humidor......Thats ok, I have my warehouse manger working on it.......
  • Options
    Bah.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    Rain:

And that's why I don't let Greg see my humidor!
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    My Little Baby!!!!

• Options
    My Baby All Closed Up....

• Options
    edelrionyc:
    My Little Baby!!!!

Cute, but where do you keep your sticks? ;)
  • Options
    There's a top tray that I put smokes that I'm going to smoke soon but then the top tray comes out and you have about a 5 inch deep storage for more smokes. Supposedly this is a 300 count humidor but I've probably have filled it up with at most 150...
  • Options
    ccezarccezar Posts: 97
    Rain:
    A little more empty then last time, and I switched to beads. Man, I need to move my humi and dust!image
    I've got the exact same humi bro. Love my treasure chest. imageimage
  • Options
    How did you get the tray dividers to stay put? Some kind of wood glue?
  • Options
    Rain:
    Mine have a strip of foam or weatherstripping glued to the ends. They stay in place by friction.
  • Options
    ccezarccezar Posts: 97
    Rain:
    Naw, they fit tight and snug. They have some kind of thin layer of foam on each end to hold it in place
  • Options
    Finally got around to posting up my set-up. Seems fitting for the big 7-0-0. Enjoy!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Too soon ;)
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Too soon ;)
    +1 im pretty new here, but i think ive seen this humi....somewhere!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    That's funny...that humi looks just like my walk in I have at my house. In fact, that picture looks like the same one I have of my walk in...words and all. LOL
    edit: dont ask me how I got the words to hover in the air like that. it's a secret
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    That's funny...that humi looks just like my walk in I have at my house. In fact, that picture looks like the same one I have of my walk in...words and all. LOL
    edit: dont ask me how I got the words to hover in the air like that. it's a secret
    Lmfao holy sh|t thats funny.. glicky woulda loved that
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 humis finally restocked.imageimage
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    very nice. it looks really nicely organized.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife says I'm too ****. Always moving them around to make use of as much space as I can.
  • Options
    jliu:
    very nice. it looks really nicely organized.
    First thing I thought.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    My wife says I'm too ****. Always moving them around to make use of as much space as I can.
    haha I'm kinda like you. I even like to put groceries in the trunk in a methodical manner. looks good dude
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Rhamlin:
    haha I'm kinda like you. I even like to put groceries in the trunk in a methodical manner. looks good dude
    very nice. mine are in alphabetical order.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    Rhamlin:
    very nice. mine are in alphabetical order.
    I can't find **** in mine!! I know....just follow your nose....