Home General Discussion
Options

Show off your Humi set-up

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Got room for the two boxes arriving today?

If not, I guess it's time to empty the ashtrays and fill the lighters! 

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Guitarded said:
    He will when he figures out how the tub of empty bands don’t need to be in there!
    LOL good one! Trying to hide the ugly power cord that runs the LED lighting.
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friendly insight brother, you have mold on the cigars at the back of the drawers.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    SlurrySlurry Posts: 13 ✭✭
    @Guitarded thanks for catching that- didn’t see it when I snapped the pics! I’ll be checking to make sure it’s not on the foot when I get home tonight. What do you think could help prevent that- more airflow? Humidity it ~65% (boveda) so I wouldn’t think they’d be too damp
  • Options
    I like and use 65% boveda, maybe the temperature too high for a while?
    I have seen much worse, but I would segregate those smokes from the others for a while. Might as well pull everything out and give the unit a good cleaning, especially anything wood.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    😁 That’s just plume bro

but seriously CCs seem more prone to mold (in my experience). Maybe some airflow could help. 
  • Options
    SlurrySlurry Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll wipe them off, put them in a tupperware for a bit, and watch them. Any tips for getting airflow in a fridge setup? 
  • Options
    The typical smart@ss answer around here would be to smoke more so you have to open it more often!
    Xicar HumiFan 831XI can be had for about 25.00 and has good reviews.
    Some tech savvy people have used computer fans, but that is above my pay grade.
    Good luck, welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurry said:
    @Guitarded thanks for catching that- didn’t see it when I snapped the pics! I’ll be checking to make sure it’s not on the foot when I get home tonight. What do you think could help prevent that- more airflow? Humidity it ~65% (boveda) so I wouldn’t think they’d be too damp
    It happens to everyone. Most times just brushing everything off is all that’s needed. Make sure there’s none on the wood. That requires a little more work. 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I learned the hard way to not scrimp on labels.  Every single one fell off in the tuppers.  I know who sent sticks but not which ones 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    I learned the hard way to not scrimp on labels.  Every single one fell off in the tuppers.  I know who sent sticks but not which ones 
    Could be like me and have absolutely no clue. I took pictures with name and all, so I would know and my computer crashed and took everything with it.
    Now, I know someone sent it, but no idea who.
    Every once in awhile, I have a moment of clarity and remember who it was.
    Cause I'm an idiot. Just ask the boss lady.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine point sharpie works well.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Is that one bag of bands for good cigars and one for bad ones, like VegasFrank's?  I wish I had thought of keeping them separated.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Kendu44Kendu44 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Thanks silvermouse!  I’ve heard that before, need to guy out and buy a few and keep them separate. Thanks for the insight
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Kendu44
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Welcome @Kendu44!  Just getting into cigars With your 300 favorites?  Lol good man!  
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Kendu44

You seem to be off to a good start. 
  • Options
    Kendu44Kendu44 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Haha yeah you guys are right, very addicting!
  • Options
    Looks like this is the new newbie welcoming thread?? Welcome @DPIStorm.  Hopefully you know already whether or not that thing is holding humidity. It should have stabilized during the seasoning process. If it doesn't hold humidity, the seals around the glass are likely the culprit. Easy enough to fix. 
    Don't look ↑