Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Kuzi's cigar catalog

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My absolute favorite in the CLE line is the Cuarenta. I smoke at least one a week of this stick, and enjoy every single one.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    4Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon Robusto (5 x 50)
    This is one of my go tos right now. I feel it is a good representation of Kelner. But I get you wanting more.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    This is one of my go tos right now. I feel it is a good representation of Kelner. But I get you wanting more.
    The local B&M has these knocked down to four bucks a stick right now. I just burnt a couple last weekend. Want me to score some for you? Might get even lower at a box price.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    The local B&M has these knocked down to four bucks a stick right now. I just burnt a couple last weekend. Want me to score some for you? Might get even lower at a box price.

That's a good deal. I still want to try one of these
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

4-30-13 been in humidor since 4-9-10
    Liga Privada No.9 Flying Pig (4 x 60)
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
    Binder: Brazilian Mata-Fina
    Filler: Dominican, Honduran, Nicaraguan
    Blender: Steve Saka, Johnathan Drew

This cigar is basically a Liga Privada No.9 in a limited edition shape with a touch more ligero in it. We all know that the No.9 blend was supposed to be Saka's personal blend but everyone he handed it to loved it so they released it. That story is very common in cigar reviews of the Liga Privada No.9.

What is a bit less common is how the cigar is designed. According to interviews with Steve Saka the Liga Privada line is designed not to age. It is designed to be smoked as soon as possible. I personally discussed the process of this cigar with Johnathan Drew when I went to visit Drew Estates in 2011. When the Liga Privada line is rolled it is not ready to go. They are placed in the aging room. This in and of itself is not that uncommon among cigar factories. What makes this unique is that at DE they are not placed there for a predetermined amount of time. There is no standard of “X” number of months until the cigar is ready to go. DE will only ship them out if they are ready, and by “ready” I mean, “they taste right” to everyone involved in quality control.

This is why they are not designed to age. When they hit the shelves they are what the blenders and good people at Drew Estates intend them to be. Age will change them from that.

The original line of Flying pigs was released from the aging room in November of 2009 and I picked this one up 5 months later (along with a few of his friends that were since lost in a series of small fires). I found this one in the bottom of my aging humidor a few weeks ago and it needs to be reviewed as a more or less aged product.

This cigar is over three years old and still has a good oily sheen to it. The band seems to have yellowed a bit. The dark brown wrapper looks uneven in tone (a sign that it has not been dyed in any way) and the pigtail cap is unique and fantastic. For the size of the cigar it has quite a bit of heft to it. The cigar is a very stout little guy. Some have claimed that this cigar is reminiscent in shape of the NUB series put out by the Oliva Cigar company. This is not the source of inspiration for this cigar. Steve Saka actually picked the size from a picture out of cigar salesman's size collections case from 1895. This predates NUB by a few years. One downfall about the size of this cigar is since it is short, the filler leaves are short as well. This means that the potential for complexity over the length of the stick is lessened.

The smell of the cigar unlit is sweeter side of tobacco with maybe a hint of licorice to it. The lick on the cap is strange due to the pigtail but it works. There is a heavy oily feel on the lips left behind. It is fairly sweet.

I light with a soft flame. The first few puffs are fairly muted in flavor. There is a hint of sweet and through the nose a bit of spice. Through the nose there is also a bit of a musk.

As the cigar settles in there is a bakers chocolate note. It is slightly bitter there is an underlying mild earth flavor as well. The finish develops into a distinct coffee note. As the first third moves along it sweetens up a bit but the flavors are still the basic bakers chocolate and coffee on the finish. The earth note is probably better described as a very mild brewing wort flavor. Through the nose there is musk and coffee.

The middle third is pretty much identical to the beginning third with baker's chocolate, wort, and a coffee on the finish. However, the finish is longer and it is almost meaty. Everything is very balanced much like a fresh cigar from this line, but it is a bit smoother, less spice and a bit muted in flavor in comparison. The burn is perfect and the ash drops ad the mid point. These are both indicators of a good construction. As with all DE cigars, there is a ton of smoke witch is always fun.

The final third warms slightly and that seems to make it a touch sweeter and a bit more spice but the profile really has not changed at all. This is how the cigar finishes.

Time: 1 hour 35min

burn: 10
    draw: 10
    taste: 8
    aftertaste: 8
    construction: 10
    balance: 9
    feel: 8
    overall: 9.0

Though this cigar did rate a 9.0 (same as the last time I had a No.9 that was fresh) I do feel that this cigar aged is not as good as fresh. The last No.9 that I reviewed had a few burn issues that brought its rating down. This 3 year old No.9 Flying Pig is past its prime. The flavors are muted in comparison. I agree with Johnathan Drew and Steve Saka that this cigar is best fresh. It is not a bad cigar, it was just better in the past.

if you like my reviews please see my blog. If you want to see what im up to between reviews and get micro reviews follow me on twitter (@KuzisCigar) or Facebook

• Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Nice review...... the only pig I ever had was terrific! (no snide comments Randy) Certainly one of the best I ever had.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Comment withdrawn ;)
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    You talked me into it kuzi. Smokin one tonight.
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    how was it?
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    ddubridge:
    how was it?
    It was great. Kind of wish it wasnt. Now I need to find some more. Why do I always have to like HTF stuff?

• Options
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:
    ddubridge:
    how was it?
    It was great. Kind of wish it wasnt. Now I need to find some more. Why do I always have to like HTF stuff?

its just a No.9
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:
    ddubridge:
    how was it?

its just a No.9
    I know. Cant find them local. Sold out here. I'll get some eventually.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:
    ddubridge:
    kuzi16:
    ddubridge:
    how was it?

its just a No.9
    I know. Cant find them local. Sold out here. I'll get some eventually.
    Drew if you are interested we may be able to work out a trade. I think I have a couple of 9's I can spare, not flying pig 9's, let me check when I get home this evening.
  • Options
    Absolutely, PM to you.
  • Options

5-3-13 been in humidor since 3-1-13
    Ortega The Wild Bunch: Iron Mike I-Beam (54 x 4.75)
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Blender: Eddie Ortega

This is a limited edition cigar. Only 500 boxes of 20 have been made. Thats it. No more.
    All of the cigars in The Wild Bunch line are named after people that Eddie Ortega has known and respects in the Cigar business. Its a line of cigars to show tribute and respect. Though the names of who the characters are supposed to represent not known for sure, there is speculation on at least one. Rumor has it that “Island Jim” is Jim Robinson of Leaf and Bean in Pittsburgh. Each one of these cigars will be released in relation to a month of the year ending with 12 releases in total. Iron Mike I-Beam is the second release (Febuary). This is a Nicaraguan Puro and like the Ortega Series D, is made in the My Father Factory in Estali, Nicaragua.

Though the true identity of “Iron Mike I-Beam” is unknown, there is a description of him on the inside of the box:
    Mike is a fighter by nature. When you work with iron you have to be, but if it can be built with steel, Iron Mike can build it. He bends it to his will and fabricates things that make a country great.
    Mike is blue collar to the bone, after work, you'll most likely find him at the local watering hole enjoying a cold beer and favorite cigar.

We Can all have our theories on who it is. Maybe it will come out some time soon.

This cigar looks like a seriously large robusto. The band is fun and colorful with a cartoon of “Iron Mike I-Beam” on the front. On small print there is the notation “2 of 12” indicating that this is the second of the series. Also the words “Grupo Salvaje” appear on the band. This is simply “the wild bunch” in Spanish. The wrapper is a rich dark brown as apposed to the black that many people expect out of an oscuro wrapper. It is toothy and rough in the hand but it still has an oily sheen to it.
    There is one very large vein running down 75% of the cigar.

The smell of the cigar before the light is strong and is mostly wood and barnyard. A lick on the cap has some spice to it. The wrapper feels rough on the tongue. I cut with my Xi2 and am surprised at the amount of resistance to the cut. The cold draw is very rich and has some spice to it. There is more of the barnyard that was in the smell. There is also a wood note. One other flavor ties it together but I am unable to pin it down. It is a good draw that leans to the tight side.

I light with my usual soft flame. The cigar puts out copious amounts of smoke even before I puff, a quality I truly love in a cigar. The first few draws are a sweet wood flavor. I would absolutely pin it as oak. The texture of the smoke has the Nicaraguan pulp that fades into a light spice on the finish. There is a bit of a clay/mineral undertone that seems to bring things together early. This earth/clay/mineral taste seems to develop quickly in the first five or so minutes. As the cigar settles in the flavors seem to melt together. They are not as distinct. Only the earth/clay notes are distinct. It becomes more of a general “tobacco” taste with the earth/clay/mineral notes. There is a nice subtle sweetness as well. Through the nose there is a heavy dose of spice. The finish is woody and has a flavor of black pepper with no “heat” associated to it. It is a very good start to this cigar.

The middle third of the smoke has become a bit fuller in flavor. The spice has picked up a bit and hangs on to the finish. The clay/mineral flavors remain. This is a very nice flavor to see in a cigar. This flavor makes for a unique smoke even if it is not all that complex. The wood flavors have died out and the cigar has hit its stride and seems to cling there for some time. Like I said, not overly complex but very unique and enjoyable.

The burn has been fairly uneven. No touch ups have been needed but I would hardly call this a “perfect” burn. This is most likely because of the thick nature of true Oscuro leaves.

The final third has a big transition. The earth/clay/mineral notes have morphed into a more vegetable note. There is also more of a coffee tone to it. A warmer smoke is now here and this is bringing on more spice. The burn finally needs a touch up. The cigar is full bodied but not over-the-top. It is approachable and balanced. The power is there because the flavors demand it. Thankfully it is not the inverse of that (the flavor is there because the power demands it). This cigar seems to be blended for the flavor and it happens to be powerful. It is always clear when the inverse is true.

The cigar ends with a nice vegetable sweetness, some spice, and, for lack of better words, clean tobacco notes.

I have a feeling this will age well. I must remember to put a few a way for a few years.

Burn to the burn
    time: 1 hour 40 min

burn: 8
    draw: 9
    taste: 9
    aftertaste: 9
    feel: 9
    overall: 9.0

if you like my reviews please see my blog. If you want to see what im up to between reviews and get micro reviews follow me on twitter (@KuzisCigar) or Facebook

• Options
    Lancero day review

5-15-2013 been in humidor since 2-28-10
    Nestor Miranda Collection Special Selection Oscuro Lancero (7.5 x 40)
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Oscuro
    Filler: Nicaraguan, Dominican, Honduran
    Blenders: Don Pepin Garcia, Nestor Miranda

Nestor Miranda is the founder the Miami Cigar & Company. This Company has brought us brands like Tatiana, Art Deco, Don Lino, La Aurora (distribution), 1989 (the namesake cigar of the founding of the company) and of course the Nestor Miranda Collection.

Needless to say, Miranda is a well respected guy in the cigar business. However, he wasn’t always in the cigar business Though he inherited a love of cigars from his father and grandfather, it was actually the Brandy business that introduced him to the cigar business. The Company he was representing (Cardinal Mendoza ) was using cigars as a promotional tool to sell their brandy. This lead to him selling cigars in liquor stores. Personal connections in the cigar industry grew, as did his love for premium high end cigars. Ultimately this lead to his own company and brand. In 1989 the Don Lino line came out the Miamis Cigar & Co. and Miranda’s days in the Liquor business were over.

Twenty years later, to celebrate the anniversary of Miami Cigar & Co., the Nestor Miranda Collection Special Selection was released. Even though Miranda and his company had been in the business for 20 years, the Nestor Miranda Collection Special Selection was the first cigar to have Miranda’s name on the band. Since 2009, the Nestor Miranda Collection has grown to six distinct blends.

The Nestor Miranda Collection Special Selection series comes in three different wrappers: Rosado, Ecuadorian Connecticut (released in 2012), and this one, the Oscuro. This is the fullest of the three wrappers. Everything I have read about this blend is that it ages well. I don’t have a fresh one to compare it to but this one is a bit over three years old.

The cigar is a nice rich brown but uneven in tone from head to foot. It is not overly oily in appearance. There are a few veins that stick out on the sides. The gold brown and white band is very simple and the overall presentation is nothing special. The only thing worth noting is that there is a pigtail cap; that is a nice touch. Of course the cap has a small crack on it.

The cigar as very little smell to it. The lick on the cap feels more oily than the cigars looks but it also indicates how bad the crack is. After the cut the band will stay on just to help prevent unraveling. The draw is a slight bit tight and seems to have a light earthy mint flavor.

A light with a soft flame is easy given the ring gauge.
    The first few puffs are sweeter and muskier than I was expecting. Given the amount of Nicaraguan tobacco I was expecting quite a bit of spice. This may or may not be due to the age on the cigar. Three years doesn’t always mellow out the spice of a Nicaraguan cigar. The draws are a sweet earth that fades to the cedar side of earth as it is swirled in the mouth. Through the nose there is a musky wood note that is borderline mushroom. As the cigar settles in the mushroom note intensifies and sharpens. There is little on the front end that I find too interesting, just a nice woody note. It is good but not amazing. What is coming through as the true genius of this cigar is the flavor/aroma through the nose. The mushroom note is very interesting. It has just enough sweetness to make it unique and late in the first third it starts to develop a slight spice that makes it interesting. The finish is light and shows the cigar’s Nicaraguan filler. This has a good depth of flavor early in the experience.

When the cigar reaches the mid point the sweetness reappears on the initial flavor. Beyond that the woody notes are still there as is the interesting and complex retrohale. A coffee note develops late on the finish. It seems to linger but not in a bad way.

In the final third the sweet start has sharpened into a spice. The mushroom notes are more of an undertone and a finish mostly in the nose. The flavors become more coffee with a more complex spice. The cigar increases in spice and loses its mushroom retrohale as it approaches the nub. With about an inch left in the cigar the best parts have left. This cigar is sadly done.

This cigar is not on many people’s radar and it wasnt on mine; this is a pleasant surprise.

Burn to the nub
    time: 1 hour 35min

taste: 8
    aftertaste: 10
    feel: 9
    overall: 9.2

• Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I have that one in the "ruky" size and love it. ROTT it did have a big spice note right at first but it mellowed quickly.
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    kuzi16:
    11-20-12 ROTT
    Genesis The Project Robusto (5 x 50)
    Wrapper: Cuban seed Connecticut grown maduro
    Binder: Jamastran Honduran
    Filler: Nicaraguan, Honduran
    Blender: Ram
  • Options
    jfaciane:
    I'm so glad I found your review on this stogie Kuzi! I was contemplating getting the Genesis The Project ash tray sampler and after readi g your review I'll be jumping on that as soon as the weekend is over. Thanks avian.
    glad i could help.
  • Options

5-23-13 been in humidor since 1-16-13
    Headley Grange Estupendos (5.5 x 52)
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
    Blender: Ernesto Perez-Carrillo

This is Crowned Heads sophomore release. Much like Crowned Heads first release, this cigar was inspired by a song. It seemed to work last time.

The success of the first blend probably had more to do with Ernesto Perez-Carrillo (E.P. Carrillo, La Gloria Cubana) than the cigar being the namesake of a song. On the other hand, I do enjoy a good story, I do enjoy good old rock and roll, and Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands.

The Headley Grange line was inspired by the distinctive drum beat of the song “When the Levee Breaks”. The thought was to have the cigar be heavy, booming but slow overall. Since (it is rumored) that Ernesto Perez-Carrillo used to be a bit of a drummer himself, he would have a good shot of embodying this beat in a cigar. But clearly, “When the Levee breaks” is not the name of the cigar. The reference on this cigar is a bit less in your face. For those who don't know “Headly Grange” is the name of the house where much of Led Zeppelin IV was recorded, including the drums for “When the Levee Breaks”

When this cigar was introduced in the 2012 IPCPR and sold out one thousand boxes in just over two days. It caused a stir in the cigar community. The second line from Crowned Heads, within four months, was considered one of the best cigars of 2012 and made many “best of” lists.

This Headley Grange cigar has a rich almost reddish brown wrapper with a good sheen to it. There are few veins that stand out. The wrapper feels rougher than it appears. The triple cap looks a bit rough as well, but it doesn't look to be something that will effect the experience. The band is a simple black, white, and gold with a fairly plain font and little extra adornment. It is simple in appearance.

The smell of the cigar is on the side of hay with a bit of earth. The lick on the cap has a sweeter note with almost a clove taste. A clip with the trusty Xi2 and I have a draw that is on the firm side. The cold flavors are clove and a bit of licorice.

I light with my usual soft flame. The first few draws are sweet and woody that has a bit of a licorice feel. The clove that was tasted in the pre-light ritual is almost unnoticeable once lit. through the nose there is a hit of spice. The flavors are unique. As the cigar settles in the licorice feel fades and it becomes more woody than anything. There is a toasty sweet undertone to it all. The flavors are a bit hard to pin down because there is a rare combination of flavors. It is bold and flavorful. The finish has a bit of the woody spice I get from Nicaraguan tobacco but there is also a coffee grounds feel to it.

The middle third is smooth and cedar with a sweetness that is turning to caramel that keeps it very interesting and enjoyable. A floral note seems to creep in and out. However, it is slightly out of balance. The body is full and the sweeter flavors seem strange with this fullness. The finish is still woody and ever-so-slightly spicy. The finish is nothing to wright home about but the initial flavor is very interesting and unique.

The final third is a bit more powerful than the last third with the finish kicking it up in flavor, but not so much complexity. The initial flavors tame down a bit but are still the high point of the cigar. This has grown to a full bodied smoke. The body has grown but the flavors have not. It seems to have the flavors found in lighter cigars with the body of fuller cigars.

Burn to the nub.
    Time: 1 hour 50 min

taste: 10
    aftertaste: 8
    construction: 9
    balance: 7
    overall: 8.7

• Options

6-10-13 been in humidor since 7-12-12
    Liga Privada UF-4 by Drew Estates (6 x 52)
    Wrapper: Connecticut River Valley Stalk Cut & Cured Sun Grown Habano
    Binder: Plantation Grown Brazilian Mata Fina
    Blender: Johnathan Drew

During the blending process of any cigar, there are many test blends. These blends get smoked and tweaked until the final blend is decided on. The Liga Privada T-52 line was no different. When trying to decide on one of two similar blends known as the T-52-3 and T-52-4 that could potentially become the T-52, Johnathan Drew and Steve Saka actually liked the T-52-4 blend better. The only reason the decision was made to go with the other blend was that it was believed that the T-52-4 blend was a bit too powerful for the nuances they wanted to present to the public. The only real difference is that the T-52-4 blend contained a higher percentage of ligero leaf.

The T-52-3 came out to the general public as the T-52 and the T-52-4 blend was unheard of. But Johnathan Drew actually kept producing the T-52-4 for personal consumption and to keep them from getting confused with the T-52, he renamed them from the T-52-4 to the JD-4. The JD-4 made it out into the public as gifts to friends, at events, and visitors to the factory. As the word got out about them, Johnathan Drew decided he didn't want the cigar to have his initials as the name so he renamed the cigar as the MF-4. The “MF,” in true JD form, represented the strength that the cigar had and stood for exactly what you think it does. “mother f....” This is all fine and good for a release in the cigar world (dont forget about the Forbidden X BBMF put out by Fuente), but out of respect to My Father Cigars, the name was changed from MF-4 to UF-4 with the “UF” standing for “Unico Fuerte.” (solitary strong)

The UF-4 cigar is Part of the Unico line, where every cigar was designed for a very specific vitola UF-13, UF-4, L-40, Papas Fritas, Ratzilla, Dirty Rat are all only available in one size. Almost all of these cigars are derivations of the Liga Privada lines but are reblended, tweaked and changed to fit the vitola best while retaining an individuality for each cigar. The regular production lines of the Liga Privadas will all taste like their line and are blended to do so. The UF-4 and the UF-13 are almost identical save for a few minor changes in presentation and it is claimed that most people (even the good folks at Drew Estates) would not be able to tell the difference in taste of the two blends if blindfolded.

This cigar looks like the standard Liga Privada release. By that i mean, it has a dark oily wrapper with tight seams, everything looks expertly rolled with clean lines and a beautiful cap. The band is the classic Liga Privada style like the No.9 and the T-52 save for one thing, the letters on the back are UF-4.

the cigar feels solid in the hand and it has some weight to it. The smell leans to a barnyard note with a bit of dust (like a dry old attic). The lick on the cap is surprisingly sweet but fairly one dimentional. When the cap is cut with my Xi2 the draw is absolutely perfect. Licorice and coco notes are light on the cold draw. It is very nice and surprisingly refined given that this is just the T-52 with more ligero.

I light with my soft flame.
    The first few puffs of the UF-4 are woody, sweet and surprisingly smooth. There is a very light spice. The woody notes remind me of a flame charred bourbon barrel. As with every Liga Privada I have ever had, smoke pours off of the foot continuously. It is almost surprising how much smoke is produced. I find it very entertaining. As the cigar settles in, a dark roasted bakers chocolate note develops. The charred bourbon barrel notes are still there but have taken a back seat to the more refined roasted bakers chocolate. Through the nose there is a decent amount of burn but in moderation there is more of the smokey chocolate. Its a deep rich flavor. A mild spice on the finish develops late in the first third. There are a few minor burn issues in the first third that are easily corrected with a corrective light. I find that the ash is falling faster than expected as well. No crisis overall.

The middle third brings on some that power. It is not overwhelming but it is there. The burn is still an issue but the flavor is still good. It is a bit woodier and the coco notes have faded a touch. A warm gentle spice is coming out to play. Its a nice addition. Beyond that the flavors are not changing much. Its fairly static. Good thing it is enjoyable. The finish is a bit long but it is also good so I don't mind.

The final third is more creamy in texture. This brings a chocolate milk quality to the coco notes especially on the finish. This last third is a bit more in your face but the spice has not ticked up at all. Almost all the spice is through the nose. The strength of the cigar keeps me smoking even slower than I normally do. This third reminds me most of the T-52, and that happens to be my favorite of the regular production Liga Privadas. It is clear that the burn issues are a reoccurring issue in this particular cigar. I wish this was not the case because it is fairly distracting; it feels like I can't truly enjoy it without a touch up. The cigar ends like this.

Burn to the nub
    Time: 2 hours 15 min

burn: 8
    draw: 10
    taste: 9
    aftertaste: 9
    construction: 9
    overall: 8.9

• Options
    6-17-13 been in humidor since 4-29-13
    L'Atelier Selection Special (5 5/8 x 46)
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sancti Sp
  • Options
    6-24-13 been in humidor since 12-9-11
    Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic (7
  • Options
    7-11-13 been in humidor since 4-10-13
    Avo The Dominant 13th Limited Edition 2013 (6
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Great reviews Kuzi. I was actually really hoping you would review the AVO 13 in the near future. Looks like I will need to grab a few after reading your write-up. Thanks!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Definitely recommend it, I had one a week or two ago and really enjoyed it. Kuzi, great review and spot on.
  • Options
    Awesome review as always. I've been looking forward to it since the facebook post. Gotta get at least one.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    These are fantastic!!!!. Damn close to being my all time favorite AVO!!! The LE7 that I received from RCY still holds the title, and in my mind the best AVO I ever smoked,, That was a great morning!!!! The 13th is awesome and holds its own!!! Both were love at first sting!!!
  • Options
    The Kid:
    These are fantastic!!!!. Damn close to being my all time favorite AVO!!! The LE7 that I received from RCY still holds the title, and in my mind the best AVO I ever smoked,, That was a great morning!!!! The 13th is awesome and holds its own!!! Both were love at first sting!!!
    not at all my favorite Avo.

i was just posting on facebook that i liked it and it rated well because there was nothing wrong with it.... not so much that i personally liked it. it was a bit on the full side for me. since i have been enjoying a mild and medium stuff as of late this was a bit much for me. ill take an Avo XO any day over this.

best Avo i have had?

Avo 22.
    still the highest rated cigar in my catalog.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    The Kid:
    not at all my favorite Avo.

i was just posting on facebook that i liked it and it rated well because there was nothing wrong with it.... not so much that i personally liked it. it was a bit on the full side for me. since i have been enjoying a mild and medium stuff as of late this was a bit much for me. ill take an Avo XO any day over this.

best Avo i have had?

Avo 22.
    still the highest rated cigar in my catalog.
    Yes, I agree completely, better than any XO , one of their best sticks!!!! Thanks