Home Non Cigar Related

What's for dinner?

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBQ baby back ribs, baked potatoe and corn on the cob is on the menu for lunch today.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Homemade pepperoni pizza. Heartburn city. Worth every minute of suffering.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Crock-pot split pea soup is on the menu tonight. Been slow cooking it since this morning with a meaty ham bone. Kinda resembles vomit, but it sho do smell good.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love me some split pea soup. Had a deckhands version of spaghetti today. Best I could say is it'll make a ****:)
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Had a salad and some homemade stir fry here at the station.. Thanks to the BOTL BIGGEST LOOSER I gotta drop some weight... dammit why cant DQ be healthy for ya...lol
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    'Tis that time of the year. Steamed crabs, corn, along with some cold ones. Doesn't get much better than this.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First BBQ chicken of the season last night .... We've grilled about everything except chicken so far, and figured it was time to pull one of these guys from the deep freezer and butcher it up.

Brushed it with some sweet baby rays and grilled it over those hot coals....yum

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congrats...please do not forget to share your recepie. Are you going to use Old Bay seasoning or something else?
    amz1301:
    'Tis that time of the year. Steamed crabs, corn, along with some cold ones. Doesn't get much better than this.

Congrats...please do not forget to share your recepie. Are you going to use Old Bay seasoning or something else?
    amz1301:

Carry out, lol. Vince's Crab House. Top notch, they do it right. They're always heavy, steamed right and have the right amount of spice. Plus corn steamed with.
    rzaman:
    amz1301:

Ah...the place on the compass road. Their flounder And scallop platters are great. yes they also use their own version of Old Bay seasioning. You just remind me of some good memories.
    amz1301:
    Carry out, lol. Vince's Crab House. Top notch, they do it right. They're always heavy, steamed right and have the right amount of spice. Plus corn steamed with.
    rzaman:
    amz1301:

You got it. I've been going there since they opened. Thats the only place I get crabs from anymore. They're like 2 minutes from my house. Hmm flounder scallop platter, sounds good. I've only gotten crabs there.
    rzaman:
    Ah...the place on the compass road. Their flounder And scallop platters are great. yes they also use their own version of Old Bay seasioning. You just remind me of some good memories.
    amz1301:
    rzaman:
    amz1301:

• StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    We're having brisket tacos here at Castle Streater. I smoked a brisket this week and had some chopped beef left over. Tortillas, onions, cilantro and a touch of jack cheese and we're in business. I'm so glad that my ladies love my BBQ as much as they do. Life is good.

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    In a few minutes I'll be firing up the grill. On the menu a nice thick cut angus NY strip steak, some rice pilaf, brussel sprouts.
    Ah...so freshly roasted and brewed coffee, sea food and cigar in your place. Now I have to visit you when I am around the DC area next. Three-in-one LOL
    amz1301:
    You got it. I've been going there since they opened. Thats the only place I get crabs from anymore. They're like 2 minutes from my house. Hmm flounder scallop platter, sounds good. I've only gotten crabs there.
    rzaman:
    amz1301:
    rzaman:
    amz1301:

I'm down, let me know. I've got a killer recipe for steamed shrimp.

I've seen what you smoke...you might wanna bring the sticks, LOL.
    rzaman:
    Ah...so freshly roasted and brewed coffee, sea food and cigar in your place. Now I have to visit you when I am around the DC area next. Three-in-one LOL
    amz1301:
    rzaman:
    amz1301:
    rzaman:
    amz1301:

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Chipotle marinated grilled chicken, bacon ranch pasta salad and beans.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Chili lime crusted baked chicken, Parmesan potatoes, steamed asparagus, and salted Caramel brownies!
    Hmm..seems my Photobucket is broken at the moment. Will post back when it's not broken.
    Ok. So I was gonna say this thread sucks without pictures before my Photobucket picture debacle... Here's the start of dinner.

They're now on low heat in a homemade tomato sauce. A few more hours and I'm looking at a mighty tasty meatball sammich.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:

I was on a construction job in Delaware back in the day and got to try crabs done eastern style. I liked them quite well but never quite got used to the burning sensation on my lips and face from all the spices. Maybe it's necessary to spice them up like that, I don't know. I also liked the soft shelled crabs. Overall, though, I prefer the Dungeness crab that is common here on the left coast. It's got plenty of flavor and doesn't require all the spices.
    I have a good story about a guy who worked for me when I was back there but maybe I'll save it for later.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    jlmarta:
    amz1301:

I was on a construction job in Delaware back in the day and got to try crabs done eastern style. I liked them quite well but never quite got used to the burning sensation on my lips and face from all the spices. Maybe it's necessary to spice them up like that, I don't know. I also liked the soft shelled crabs. Overall, though, I prefer the Dungeness crab that is common here on the left coast. It's got plenty of flavor and doesn't require all the spices.
    I have a good story about a guy who worked for me when I was back there but maybe I'll save it for later.
    Lol never go to a shrimp or mud bug boil in Louisiana or Mississippi
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I miss those steamed crabs! Grew up in No. Va and used to go to the DC Wharf for crabs by the bushel. Hot day, steamed crabs and cold beer! It's a very nice combination.
    I haven't been able to really cook in weeks, and when i do, i often cook odd stuff... tonight im finally getting to cook, im making hawaiian chicken, mashed potatoes and cauliflower, oven roasted parmesan potatoes, and some sort of other veggies that i have yet to decide on.
    Here it is! i gave up on the extra veggie, i really didnt want to take the time for it.

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I fried up a couple flounder fliets and had lady peas on the side.
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    its a rice and beans night for me and the dude, while the wife is out of town. The beans are canned, I didn't have that much time, but I did make the spanish rice from scratch. . . . lots of garlic onions, and tomato and some thyme and cilantro to add some complexity.

yum
    Direwolf:
    jlmarta:
    amz1301:

Lol never go to a shrimp or mud bug boil in Louisiana or Mississippi
    For me, they gotta be blue crabs and have that spice, lol. Take that corn, throw some butter on it, roll it on that shell. Have plenty of cold brew on hand.
    so that crab picture had me wanting something spicy, so i marinated some chicken overnight in a spicy, rotel type mixture with some added stuff, and baked it on a bed of sliced new potatoes, and fresh tomatoes; then i cut up an ear of corn and threw it on top and baked the thing. It looks like crap but tastes pretty good.

Pork steak with a Mandarin orange glaze, and mashed potatoes and cauliflower(reminds me of watching my grandma make mashed potatoes on sundays when i was little).