Home General Discussion
Options

Special cigar gift

Comments

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Hi Rick, every time I read your sincere comments, it also makes me happy. I am glad to know that some of my post make you feel that way. Have a great day my friend.
    beatnic:
    Again. Your post fills my heart with dreams!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Lord Rip...thank you for sharing with us!
  • Options
    Mr. Gomez is a prominent Nicaraguan businessman as well as a true cigar aficionado who only enjoy smoking Padron special release cigars. He only loves Padron 1926 line. He loves it so much that Padron created a Churchill size of 1926 80th Anniversary cigar which I collected one in the past. However, I didn’t know that Padron also created a special band only for him. I was not aware that Padron created a cigar just for an individual with special label dedicated to an individual until now. These cigars are only for personal consumption not for sell. I was informed that actually these are not the regular 1926 80th blend. These cigars are created with the oldest tobacco from Padron’s private collection. Most probably these are the only pictures available in any on-line site. These cigars are the rarest and top quality personalized Padron cigars that money can’t buy. I am very proud to add them to my collection. photo image_zpsd4856b92.jpg photo image_zpsac7fe16e.jpg photo image_zpsc7a68e53.jpg
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Whoa....
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the .......
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    That's ballin.
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    One day...............
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this Rip. Those cigars are just plain awesome.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing. Everytime I see this thread bumped, I know I will see something awesome AND get a great industry lesson to go with it.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Rip I hate you
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    New goal in life: Be successful enough to have my own Padron band.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Wow, you just one-upped yourself!
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Here's the question...Do you even burn those? I mean those are once in a lifetime things right there. I would have to imagine children's wedding or grandchildren births maybe but damn. Congrats Rip!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are two fantastic looking cigars. The tooth on that close up is simlly amazing. Thanks for sharing Rip. You are certainly a much appreciated brother on the forum.
  • Options
    I haven't burn any of them yet but I will. What is the point having them if I don't smoke. However, I do agree it is not easy to burn and let them go forever.
    Bombay:
    Here's the question...Do you even burn those? I mean those are once in a lifetime things right there. I would have to imagine children's wedding or grandchildren births maybe but damn. Congrats Rip!
  • Options
    rzaman:
    I haven't burn any of them yet but I will. What is the point having them if I don't smoke. However, I do agree it is not easy to burn and let them go forever.
    Bombay:
    i hear ya Rip. it's like that fine bottle of wine when you know there is a great possibility you may never have it again. The connossuier in most of us I think would say I will just have to find another unicorn, if you will. Still hard to pull the trigger though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow, serious congrats on picking these up. What I would give for just 24 hours to be in your shoes. You sir are living the dream and doing it well. Well done sir, well done.
  • Options
    Thanks James...appreciate your kind words. I have to admit that these were accidental discovery/collection. I wish I could share the story. Protect the anonymity is a key to collect rare items.
    james40:
    Wow, serious congrats on picking these up. What I would give for just 24 hours to be in your shoes. You sir are living the dream and doing it well. Well done sir, well done.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Thanks James...appreciate your kind words. I have to admit that these were accidental discovery/collection. I wish I could share the story. Protect the anonymity is a key to collect rare items.
    james40:
    I bet that you don't always drink beer, huh Rip?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    But when I do it is DOS Equis - : )
  • Options
    My friend from Davidoff just gifted me these two aged Avo Limited Edition cigars. I am so excited since I have never smoked them. Avo Limited Edition 2005 and Avo 80th Limited Edition 2006. photo image_zps7a97690b.jpg
  • Options
    You know the old saying...."It ain't easy being this good, Rip" Another great find my friend. I have a feeling a few of the AVO fan boys in this group may short circuit their keyboards from drool. HA!
  • Options
    Thanks Bombay. Lately I have been being lucky. I also received two Nicaraguan political cigars- FSLN. These cigars have been rolled only for the political leaders of the ruling Nicaraguan Government party and also as part of State gift. I will post them later.
    Bombay:
    You know the old saying...."It ain't easy being this good, Rip" Another great find my friend. I have a feeling a few of the AVO fan boys in this group may short circuit their keyboards from drool. HA!
  • Options

Last year Nicaraguan ruling Party FSLN specially rolled and ordered this cigar to celebrate their 82nd Anniversary. Some locals joke and describe them as Political cigars because part of the wrapper has been died with purple color which represents the FSLN flag color. At least, I am not aware of any purple color natural wrapper. I have very little firsthand information about the blend but I have been told these are rolled with 100% Nicaraguan Organic, top quality 10 years aged tobaccos. They are supposed to be excellent cigars. However, I would reserve my comment until I smoke one. These cigars were distributed among party’s top brass members. Some of them also had been gifted as part of Nicaraguan State gifts. This is how these cigars came to my collection. Please see below a little history of FSLN Party.
    photo Flag_of_the_FSLN_svg_zpsca1c29b1.png photo image_zpsfe03d196.jpg photo image_zps57435b96.jpg
    The Sandinista National Liberation Front (Spanish: Frente Sandinista de Liberación Nacional, or FSLN) is today a social democratic political party in Nicaragua. Its members are called Sandinistas in both English and Spanish. The party is named after Augusto César Sandino who led the Nicaraguan resistance against the United States occupation of Nicaragua in the 1930s.

The FSLN overthrew Anastasio Somoza Debayle in 1979, ending the Somoza dynasty, and established a revolutionary government in its place. Following their seizure of power, the Sandinistas ruled Nicaragua from 1979 to 1990, first as part of a Junta of National Reconstruction. Following the resignation of centrist members from this Junta, the FSLN took exclusive power in March 1981. They instituted a policy of mass literacy, devoted significant resources to health care, and promoted gender equality. A militia, known as the Contras was formed in 1981 to overthrow the Sandinista government and was funded and trained by the US Central Intelligence Agency. In 1984 elections were held and described as free and fair by international observers but were boycotted by some opposition parties. The FSLN won the majority of the votes, and those who did oppose the Sandinistas won approximately a third of the seats. Despite the clear electoral victory for the Sandinistas, the Contras continued their violent attacks on both state and civilian targets, until 1989. After revising the constitution in 1987 and after years of resisting the United States-supported Contras the FSLN lost the election in 1990 to Violeta Barrios de Chamorro, but they retained a plurality of seats in the legislature.

The FSLN remains one of Nicaragua's two leading parties. The FSLN often polls in opposition to the Constitutional Liberal Party, or PLC. In the 2006 Nicaraguan general election, former FSLN President Daniel Ortega was re-elected President of Nicaragua with 38.7% of the vote compared to 29% for his leading rival, bringing in the country's second Sandinista government after 16 years of the opposition winning elections. Ortega and the FSLN were re-elected again in the presidential election of November 2011. [Source: Wikipedia]
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    It's rough smoking cigars that are rare and once you do they are gone. But on the plus side at least you have a couple....
  • Options
    yesterday when AJ came to my house gifted me these cigars. A box of his latest MAYIBLE. He also gifted me three special cigars blended for the European market and two Maduro Vegas AAA cigars. These are very special to me from a special friend. photo image_zpsc52706fe.jpg photo 48a32af7-914c-4fd5-b0cc-f114f2f97439_zpsda130929.jpg photo image_zpsddc1f626.jpg
  • Options
    AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    rzaman:
    I will at least smoke one since I have five of them.
    Heavy:
    Holy $hit! Guess it's an understatement to say that you don't see something like that every day. Awesome pickup and very cool story.. thanks for sharing.

Do you think you'll ever smoke them?

I hope you open a humidified museum.... It would make a fine holiday!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • Options

Couple months ago a friend of mine visited Cuba and brought some very special Cuban cigars.

the first five cigars are Hiroshi Robina's personal smoke with 15 years aged tobacco. I know it because Hiroshi sent a video message with the cigars. I am not posting it because my friend doesn't want his name to be published but he wanted me to know that how special these smoke are.
    Hirochi Robina's special smoke photo image_zpsb3d87d26.jpg
    The second batch cigars are custom rolled by famous Partagas roller China. They were rolled in 2009 with ten years aged tobaccos. Look at the silky smooth wrappers. These cigars very special to me and I will smoke and review them soon
    Specialy aged photo image_zpscabba554.jpg
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Interested to hear your thoughts on the China stuff. Nice score dude.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    oh my. China customs! Have you had alot of custom rolls in general? What is your favorite thus far?