Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Gardens

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Transplanted three flats of winter greens. Collards, kale, escarole, endive, radicchio, and arugula went into beds that we will cover. Collards for luck in the new year is a southern tradition.

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

All Ya ALL...woW.... excellent.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brilliant. I was wondering what to do with the shiny bubblewrap bags. Thanks for the idea.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love some of those peppers! Awesome idea.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    I would love some of those peppers! Awesome idea.

You are on the list 👍🏻

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

My cherry tree and peach tree are starting to get leaf buds. This is the earliest I have ever seen them do that.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

We had a big snow storm coming last week so we pulled the tarps off our two remaining raised beds and harvested the collards and kale we started in August 2020. Had a nice mess of collards last night.
    Heard that seed companies are beginning to get sold out so we are calling our seed order in today.

• Options

Happy gardening Allan, good to see you know about priming the seeds before planting, most people aren't aware of that. And thanks Rodger for the heads up about stock getting low at the seed companies. Last year we had terrible luck getting what we ordered from Johnny's Selected Seeds co. The pandemic threw them off by months on some items.
    I'm planting Asian pear seeds today from last year's harvest. They have been sitting in the refrigerator nestled in damp paper towels in a baggie since September.

• Options

Edward, try Pinetree Seeds.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

My brother-in-law used to own greenhouses. He loved weather that caused people to have to plant multiple times and could always tell me when the marijuana plants were getting started.

Post edited by d_blades on

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it was urban seeds I used last year, absolutely terrible.

• Options

I have 4 Brown Turkey cuttings, been in the soil since last October, buds are starting to green up now. I have one outside year-round but it has never produced, usually dies back over winter, just nice to have since our shop is called Eden, lol. I grew one when I had a greenhouse that bore every year. Just too cold up here I guess.

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that where organic turkeys come from?
    No wonder that they are so expensive!

Sorry Edward, couldn’t resist.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap! They are huge.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are getting big fast. If the morning temps warm up I’ll be able to plant them in a few weeks 👍🏻

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allan's got the green thumb thing goin' on, for sure.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis