Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Johnny O thread

Comments

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    oilburner:
    OchoZacho:
    Just sent him an email and looking forward to a hopeful purchase when I can afford them.
    If you want to split up a sampler or something with me, I'm all in Zach.
    I am in on one prerequisite, that we finally meet up for a cigar somewhere!
  • Options
    oilburneroilburner Posts: 91
    Sounds like a plan. Now that you're back to smoking, give me some days that would work. Probably easier to plan around your schedule than mine.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    oilburner:
    Sounds like a plan. Now that you're back to smoking, give me some days that would work. Probably easier to plan around your schedule than mine.
    I'll look at my schedule and send you a PM tomorrow.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I had the pleasure of smoking A Genio gifted from BigT. A great cigar. Perfect construction, good draw, fine aroma and to top it all off A flavor profile seldom experienced.
    Thanks BigT.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Got these today
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Those look good!!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    Got these today
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Which ones???? The cazadores 7x44 is high on my list, if you got it let me know what you think. I am waiting for him to get the corona etra in before I order a few more from him.
  • Options
    Smoked the Mag47 (had some mold which is why today) and wasn't thoroughly impressed (I think it is in the dead period already), but the construction was flawless. Never had I had a smoke burn so evenly when never put down or rotated. Had a canoe starting at one point, but it re-evened itself out.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    Smoked the Mag47 (had some mold which is why today) and wasn't thoroughly impressed (I think it is in the dead period already), but the construction was flawless. Never had I had a smoke burn so evenly when never put down or rotated. Had a canoe starting at one point, but it re-evened itself out.
    how do you know when those johnny os are in the 'sick' 'resting' period?
  • Options
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    about a month after being rolled, they go south for about a year. The mag47 I had was literally one of the most complex smokes ever, and this is not the first time I've heard of this happening. One of my buddies had one that was horrible, yet fresh was unreal. It's best to smoke them in the first 2 weeks, then wait
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    You'll know...just trust me on that.
  • Options
    Got these today image
  • Options
    scarlin:
    One suggestion Spencer...what I do is wait for him to get new stock in, then I put an order in with him. That way you're at least able to smoke a couple fresh.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Id he rolling on demand or does he have a pretty sick stock pile?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Direwolf:
    To my knowledge he doesn't have things rolled to order for customers, but his flow of stock is pretty constant.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    His rollers seem to roll whatever they feel like and every now and then J-O posts what he has available. The benefits of not working inside a factory taking orders and doing the same thing all day.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    He gets them in regulary and is out of different ones all the time.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    scarlin:
    One suggestion Spencer...what I do is wait for him to get new stock in, then I put an order in with him. That way you're at least able to smoke a couple fresh.
    Honestly I just wanted to get rid of it since it had some mold on it. I'm going to have a great aged selection of sticks in the years to come.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Gonna have to grab a handful
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    Thanks fellas. I mainly ask b/c I want to gauge if I can have one (or two) right out of the box. I guess I can always ask John if I'm good to have one upon shipment or if I should let it age for a year or so.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    Before or during you smoke it?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    Well...definitely during. A bit harder to tell without smoking, that's why I'm adopting the "better safe than sorry" approach and will just let them sit.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I take it he has been doing this for a while now, but does anyone have some from previous crops to compare to how these age (like say from last year)?
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    I take it he has been doing this for a while now, but does anyone have some from previous crops to compare to how these age (like say from last year)?
    joe is probably the only one here, but there is plenty of reviews out there attesting to them after 2-3 years. He's been around a while now.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    CvilleE:
    Selling some from Spring 2011 in the Trade section... They are great now, abut everyone I know that has been buying them for years seems to agree that they tend to get even better after 3, 5, 8 years etc.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys...
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    Well...definitely during. A bit harder to tell without smoking, that's why I'm adopting the "better safe than sorry" approach and will just let them sit.
    I guess I'll just wait till I'm an old man till I smoke the ones that were gifted to me. ugh.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    I must have one thanks for the info catfish
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    I guess I'll just wait till I'm an old man till I smoke the ones that were gifted to me. ugh.
    FYI...they were rolled early March Daniel, probably 1st week. Zach jsut had one last weekend that I sent out at the same time as yours and fell in love. You might have time... Jsut drybox for 2 days, he said that was the key.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    danielzreyes:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    scarlin:
    FYI...they were rolled early March Daniel, probably 1st week. Zach jsut had one last weekend that I sent out at the same time as yours and fell in love. You might have time... Jsut drybox for s days, he said that was the key.