Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Pappy Van Winkle

Comments

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    bumpitty. This dude is looking for a 15 yr bottle. Closest retailer is 45 mins away but I think I missed the release for this year. Info?
    Good luck. Release was ~Sept. You may find a dusty at a bigger or higher end liquor store. Otherwise, you can try the guys at various forums, someone may have a bottle to sell you, but it will be A)very expensive, and B)probably get you some very snarky replies. You may just have to wait until fall. :(

On a side note, I still see Buffalo Trace Antique Collection stuff floating around from time to time, even saw a bottle of Stagg. Sorry I don't have more help.
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    jthanatos:
    ddubridge:
    bumpitty. This dude is looking for a 15 yr bottle. Closest retailer is 45 mins away but I think I missed the release for this year. Info?
    Good luck. Release was ~Sept. You may find a dusty at a bigger or higher end liquor store. Otherwise, you can try the guys at various forums, someone may have a bottle to sell you, but it will be A)very expensive, and B)probably get you some very snarky replies. You may just have to wait until fall. :(

On a side note, I still see Buffalo Trace Antique Collection stuff floating around from time to time, even saw a bottle of Stagg. Sorry I don't have more help.
    What was the Stagg going for?
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    ddubridge:

I was Just throwing it out there for all to remember. I'll call around the area here and see if I can get on a list, but I wanted everyone to know I was looking. The wife has given me the green light on a bottle and I just cant pass up the chance to get one.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    jthanatos:
    ddubridge:

95-110, can't remember for sure. I can check to see if it is still there next time I am in the area if you would like.
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    jthanatos:
    jasonusa1:
    jthanatos:
    ddubridge:

95-110, can't remember for sure. I can check to see if it is still there next time I am in the area if you would like.
    Indeed I would, thanks buddy.
  • Options
    Drew, the distillery recently announced they would be skipping the 2013 Spring release. The next release will be in the Fall, which will really be the bottle volume of both the Spring and Fall release together. They hope that the increase in number of bottles in the release will allow more people to have the opportunity to actually see and buy a bottle off the shelf. I doubt this will actually happen because the popularity of the bourbon but I guess we will have to wait and see. I'm a huge Pappy fan and have been for awhile. I hate that it's so much harder to find now. I'm always on the lookout for my favorite Pappy, which is the 20 year. My local liquor stores are keeping a list for interested buyers and claim the bottles will be sold through a lottery system when they get their very small allotment.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'll be calling around here and talking to one of my local liquor stores that stocks on customer request if he can get me on a list or score me a bottle.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I can see why jasonusa wanted this so bad. The prices he is asking on a certain humidor online website are massive crazy. $1000 for a pappy 23 year.

Yes,
    ONE
    THOUSAND
    DOLLARS

Asking for stuff here to gouge the crap out of people somewhere else on it. There is a reason he didn't want to pay ebay prices. He is trying to sell them for ebay prices. Rofl. People please don't do this to others. If you find one locally and want to flip it, go ahead and do the deed. If you ask others to help you get it just to flip it for cash, that is low.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw his post and I thought that some brothers here helped him get some. Although that was last year, and he could have gotten his own this year...but sometimes you just gotta help a brother out
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I usually stay out of things like this but this better not be what I think is going on.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Trident:
    I saw his post and I thought that some brothers here helped him get some. Although that was last year, and he could have gotten his own this year...but sometimes you just gotta help a brother out
    Either way it's pretty ugly.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Dirty....
  • Options
    And the Pappy Lot B is going for... $225 each. I remember someone here getting him one for free? Maybe he can refund that money with the profits... not that he will.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    If true....for shame.
  • Options
    Sad thing, I was going to help him out last year by selling him a bottle at my local price (true retail) but he said he could only trade cigars for it. Glad I declined. Seems he is making, or trying to make, enough money on his own.

My brother in law opened the bottle anyhow thinking it was just something on the shelf to drink. Which is partially true, but I didn't know prices would blow up like this.

Edit -- Jasonusa1, you logged on today. Probably saw this. If you did, please pay back the bottle of pappy that someone here gifted you since you are flipping them for 3-4x the prices of retail. Thanks.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yup saw it as well.

Price lowered to $900 as of now. SMH

BTW, prices are not worth anything ppl ask for the Pappy. IF you find it at retail or 20% markup, thats the most I would pay for one. There are tons of good stuff around fellas!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    zeebra:
    Yup saw it as well.

Price lowered to $900 as of now. SMH

BTW, prices are not worth anything ppl ask for the Pappy. IF you find it at retail or 20% markup, thats the most I would pay for one. There are tons of good stuff around fellas!
    Read those posts too. The Battlezone is funny. What are good alternatives?
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate how this looks and it definitely looks bad, but I would say that before condemning a man to death (or at least his reputation) an explanation might be warranted. If none is provided so be it, but as BORKs and brothers here of Ccom let's TRY (keyword try) not to judge too quickly. Like I said I agree this looks BAD..., but ain't it in the holiday spirit and more importantly the spirit of who WE are here at Ccom to at least give a man a chance to clear his name?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Has anybody called the sheriff?
  • Options
    Not trying to lecture either gang, I'm in no position to do so. Merely saying that even if they don't hold themselves to the same standards that we do here at Ccom as BORKs, at least WE can say that we won't falter or stoop. We are the ones who remain true to what is important to our community.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I hate how this looks and it definitely looks bad, but I would say that before condemning a man to death (or at least his reputation) an explanation might be warranted. If none is provided so be it, but as BORKs and brothers here of Ccom let's TRY (keyword try) not to judge too quickly. Like I said I agree this looks BAD..., but ain't it in the holiday spirit and more importantly the spirit of who WE are here at Ccom to at least give a man a chance to clear his name?
    Claps loudly ! My thoughts exactly. Now if hes a bum then hes a bum. But maybe let him speak for himself....or not.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    curtpick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Claps loudly ! My thoughts exactly. Now if hes a bum then hes a bum. But maybe let him speak for himself....or not.
    Thanks Curt, I just hate to kill a mans reputation which in an online community is ALL any of us have without hearing what's what first. If it's **** it's **** and we will all know it, but let's give the man a chance.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    curtpick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks Curt, I just hate to kill a mans reputation which in an online community is ALL any of us have without hearing what's what first. If it's **** it's **** and we will all know it, but let's give the man a chance.
    I agree. But the fact is still a $250 bottle for $1000...now $900
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Nah, too much is done by PM and swept under the rug. If you can think of a feasible excuse, name it, but I can't.

We have this same problem in college with what to do with cheating. You don't want to take it to an honor board because of all the work and expulsion of the student involved. So you 'settle privately,' give the student a zero, maybe she still passes the class. But then it happens again and again and it's all settled privately. Now what we have is that even if you settle it your report the incident to a dean that does not penalize the student the first time. If a second professor reports a settlement, the student is screwed.

We have no reporting agency, so we have to publicize more.
  • Options
    Wasn't talking about privately, just saying let's wait for an explanation here if one would be provided by him, but that's just me. If I F up it is my mistake and I deserve whatever consequences come my way and I will take them publicly. Personally I prefer to do things in the open, but that's just me.
  • Options
    He logged in today. Let him clear it. Until then trying to sell a bottle of pappy for $1000 is already condemning him. I don't need to help. Bumped this so others would see it and not be so ready to send him free bottles of HTF liquor he is going to flip for cash.

He has many bottles for sale but he isn't repaying the favor a very gracious brother here paid him. Defending him seems pretty silly.
  • Options
    Marker:
    He logged in today. Let him clear it. Until then trying to sell a bottle of pappy for $1000 is already condemning him. I don't need to help. Bumped this so others would see it and not be so ready to send him free bottles of HTF liquor he is going to flip for cash.

He has many bottles for sale but he isn't repaying the favor a very gracious brother here paid him. Defending him seems pretty silly.
    It'd be funny if he thought about posting it for sale here but then thought better of it and scurried off. Not saying he did. Publicly.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    First Thing Gentlemen Happy Holidays!!!!! Tis the season!!!!! A gift or bombs NOTHING is expected in return..... Yes I was one that sent a bottle of Pappy last year..... Yes read my signature, Life is to short...to let the little things in life consume you.... do I need an explanation NOPE!!! Live and learn....to all and a Happy New Year!!! :):):)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    First Thing Gentlemen Happy Holidays!!!!! Tis the season!!!!! A gift or bombs NOTHING is expected in return..... Yes I was one that sent a bottle of Pappy last year..... Yes read my signature, Life is to short...to let the little things in life consume you.... do I need an explanation NOPE!!! Live and learn....to all and a Happy New Year!!! :):):)
    *Bows in true respect* You're a great man Mike, and a helluva BORK.
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Love ya Bro ! Happy Holidays to you and yours ! You will ALWAYS have my utmost respect !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961