Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Pappy Van Winkle

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    First Thing Gentlemen Happy Holidays!!!!! Tis the season!!!!! A gift or bombs NOTHING is expected in return..... Yes I was one that sent a bottle of Pappy last year..... Yes read my signature, Life is to short...to let the little things in life consume you.... do I need an explanation NOPE!!! Live and learn....to all and a Happy New Year!!! :):):)
    ^^^what a loser
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    First Thing Gentlemen Happy Holidays!!!!! Tis the season!!!!! A gift or bombs NOTHING is expected in return..... Yes I was one that sent a bottle of Pappy last year..... Yes read my signature, Life is to short...to let the little things in life consume you.... do I need an explanation NOPE!!! Live and learn....to all and a Happy New Year!!! :):):)
    ^^^what a loser
    You always make me smile and chuckle <3
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    You always make me smile and chuckle
    since you are so in the holiday spirit, ask Santa to get rid of my hemroids. I'm pooping blood lately. It hurts
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    since you are so in the holiday spirit, ask Santa to get rid of my hemroids. I'm pooping blood lately. It hurts
    I thought I had a hemorrhoid once and I popped it. Felt so good. Because when I sat down it kinda hurt. Then I realized it was a pimple. Felt bad I could not join the ranks of the bloody **** like you fine folks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Marker:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    I thought I had a hemorrhoid once and I popped it. Felt so good. Because when I sat down it kinda hurt. Then I realized it was a pimple. Felt bad I could not join the ranks of the bloody **** like you fine folks.
    From high to low in 3 posts, lol.....I think we know who to blame......
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    I sure would like a bottle of Pappy.......Hint, Hint......lol. Maybe just send me the cash.....lol. Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    I sure would like a bottle of Pappy.......Hint, Hint......lol. Maybe just send me the cash.....lol. Merry Christmas!
    Hmmmmm.....Greg....Hmmmmmm
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    greg2648:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    HAHAHAHAHA get em Curt, it'll fvck you up!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    greg2648:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    How about this instead?
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    greg2648:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    Dont even think about it....that would be an invitation to a one-sided a$$ whoopin'..........lol.....Just let it go.....
  • Options
    greg2648:
    curtpick:
    greg2648:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    Dont even think about it....that would be an invitation to a one-sided a$$ whoopin'..........lol.....Just let it go.....
    Oh I will...believe me...trust me....snicker snicker
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    greg2648:
    curtpick:
    greg2648:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    ^^^what a loser
    Oh I will...believe me...trust me....snicker snicker
    Hahahaha dang this is taking a good turn :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    I get this an I respect this completely. BUT I still think it's a **** thing to do and while I don't think it diminishes your gesture one iota, I like that I know what this guy's about now.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    MVW67:
    I get this an I respect this completely. BUT I still think it's a **** thing to do and while I don't think it diminishes your gesture one iota, I like that I know what this guy's about now.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    I heart this space monkey sooooo much! You da man! Merry Christmas Mikey!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Sums up these forums right there. Hate to see anyone get screwed, but too much good goes on around here to linger on the bad.
  • Options
    A very nice response, Mike. Top shelf!
    I'm sure the hall monitors will handle this. Hope the guy didn't need it for food or toys for his kids. We don't know his reasons.
    Merry Christmas.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    bumpitty. This dude is looking for a 15 yr bottle. Closest retailer is 45 mins away but I think I missed the release for this year. Info?
    For the record, I would have had that freakin bottle all gone by now. I did even attempt to get on the list around here. I would have to drive miles and miles and the list was long as hell at every place I called.

I see Jason has yet to chime in. Wondering if we've seen the last of him.

On another note...I have a MBI I was thinking about getting rid of. $100 bucks for on if anyone is intrested.

JOKES!!!
  • Options
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:
    bumpitty. This dude is looking for a 15 yr bottle. Closest retailer is 45 mins away but I think I missed the release for this year. Info?
    For the record, I would have had that freakin bottle all gone by now. I did even attempt to get on the list around here. I would have to drive miles and miles and the list was long as hell at every place I called.

On another note...I have a MBI I was thinking about getting rid of. $100 bucks for on if anyone is intrested.

JOKES!!!
    Paypal friends and family option ready for the mb1.
  • Options
    I can't believe the prices on PvW, even the 10year was close to 250-400 bucks when I checked yesterday.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:

JOKES!!!
    Dude, I would love an MB1. I'm all out. Any chance you have a line on an LFD Salomone? Lol
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:

JOKES!!!
    Dude, I would love an MB1. I'm all out. Any chance you have a line on an LFD Salomone? Lol
    yes on the MB1 but you have to wait bro.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:

JOKES!!!
    yes on the MB1 but you have to wait bro.
    James, please don't send an MB1. It's a joke cause I just sent him one.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Can I sell my Gurkha HMR here?
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    ddubridge:

JOKES!!!
    Drew you are the next one on list!!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    o.k. you guys need to enlighten me, what is pappy van winkle? keep in mind i'm not a big drinker, i mainly stick with beer and cognac's.
    i was courious to why it was being talked about and why so expensive in some places?
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    o.k. you guys need to enlighten me, what is pappy van winkle? keep in mind i'm not a big drinker, i mainly stick with beer and cognac's.
    i was courious to why it was being talked about and why so expensive in some places?
    This is likely the quickest read Joe: http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/24/smallbusiness/van_winkle_bourbon.fortune/
  • Options
    Well.. It's good to see that everybody here has been doing so well. The one thing that I have always loved about forums like this was the brotherhood and the comardarie amongst one another. Indeed, much can be slept under the rug through a pm, but why even think of allowing that when you can publicly crucify somebody instead. It's even more fun when you honestly don't know a) the circumstances involved; or, b) the person involved.

The only direct comment that I will make to anybody other than Mike will be to Ken Light. I really am glad that you now know what I am really all about. We've never once spoken before, personally or electronically, so how could you have even known the first thing about me. You've commented more than most here though this chain. Big guy.

Now, i do not believe that I owe anybody an explanation here (other than Mike), but apparently many of you feel entitled to such, so here it is...

Regarding the bottles. I drank every last sip of that bottle that Mike gifted me last year. It was an incredibly kind gesture that I am fairly confident that I expressed my gratitude for and offered to reimburse him or it. He declined, I thanked him again. Now for the bottles I have posted to sell elsewhere: I purchased four bottles of the VW 12yr in DC for $179 + tax for a total if $198 incl tax - each. I knew that it was a lot to pay in the first place, but felt that somebody else out there without access that would appreciate it would like to have it nonetheless - I wasn't in it for the money - believe it or not. Having sold three at $225 I have netted a grand total of $51 profit on the three bottles after shipping (not even taking into account supplies etc). Making money here hand over fist. I'm not even going to say what I paid for the PVW 23, except for that it was way too much.

Now Mike, I am truly sorry if I have given you the wrong impression, offended you in any way, and/or made it so that you felt taken advantage of. If you would, please pm me your address and I will send you the remaining VW 12 I have. Again, thank you, and sorry.

Once I get the bottle in the mail I will forward Mike the tracking. Upon which, I will promptly delete my account here and that will be that.
  • Options
    jasonusa1:
    Well.. It's good to see that everybody here has been doing so well. The one thing that I have always loved about forums like this was the brotherhood and the comardarie amongst one another. Indeed, much can be slept under the rug through a pm, but why even think of allowing that when you can publicly crucify somebody instead. It's even more fun when you honestly don't know a) the circumstances involved; or, b) the person involved.

The only direct comment that I will make to anybody other than Mike will be to Ken Light. I really am glad that you now know what I am really all about. We've never once spoken before, personally or electronically, so how could you have even known the first thing about me. You've commented more than most here though this chain. Big guy.

Now, i do not believe that I owe anybody an explanation here (other than Mike), but apparently many of you feel entitled to such, so here it is...

Regarding the bottles. I drank every last sip of that bottle that Mike gifted me last year. It was an incredibly kind gesture that I am fairly confident that I expressed my gratitude for and offered to reimburse him or it. He declined, I thanked him again. Now for the bottles I have posted to sell elsewhere: I purchased four bottles of the VW 12yr in DC for $179 + tax for a total if $198 incl tax - each. I knew that it was a lot to pay in the first place, but felt that somebody else out there without access that would appreciate it would like to have it nonetheless - I wasn't in it for the money - believe it or not. Having sold three at $225 I have netted a grand total of $51 profit on the three bottles after shipping (not even taking into account supplies etc). Making money here hand over fist. I'm not even going to say what I paid for the PVW 23, except for that it was way too much.

Now Mike, I am truly sorry if I have given you the wrong impression, offended you in any way, and/or made it so that you felt taken advantage of. If you would, please pm me your address and I will send you the remaining VW 12 I have. Again, thank you, and sorry.

Once I get the bottle in the mail I will forward Mike the tracking. Upon which, I will promptly delete my account here and that will be that.
    Sometimes people feel they need to police things. Dont know why that is. Its a shame it came to this. I am a firm believer that ones should shut thier traps when they dont have the whole story. Because usually as in this case they end up looking foolish. Unfortunately some got hurt on this. Hopefully its a learning experience. And maybe people can wait next time so *** doesnt flow from thier mouths. Frankly I'm embarassed that some would have stooped to that level. Best wishes to you. I would also like to add that if I ever have the complete story and facts are in line. I will personally call that person on the carpet in a second. You hurt or offend one of the community or are just a jerk I will not hesitate to call you out. I use the word "you" in general terms here as in "if anyone". A few here are on that line right now. To many good peeps here to let a few idiots *** it up for everyone. And I am certain they know who they are. Ok im done now.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Let me clarify a few things.

It is extremely unlikely you paid $198 a bottle for PVW 12. Not even online gougers (like yourself) would buy it for that just to help a brother out. How do I know you are doing this for profit? The PVW23 you tried to sell for $1,000.00. There is not a chance in all the heavens you paid 1/3 of that. So you are not helping any brother out by selling it for $1,000.00. You are trying to flip it for cash. Why sell the 12 year to help people out but try to more than triple your money on the 23? Things don't match up. You first tried to sell the 12 year for $250 but no one bought it. $225 you had to settle for.

If you wanted to help people out why not come here first? Since, well, this is where people seem to have helped you out before. Instead you run to OLH. If you wanted to help a brother out, why not send one of your 12 year back to Mike, who was the most gracious person to send you one FREE last year. Instead of doing that first you ran to OLH. Priorities don't match up.

You only came here after this thread was bumped and somehow your conscience led you to post. Which I will give you a lot of credit for. So after you send a bottle to Mike we can bury this thread.

I have no problem WHATSOEVER if you buy something yourself and want to sell it to someone else for whatever they want to pay for it. That is a free market and good on you. The only part I had issue with was flipping something that someone here sent you for free. I know you said you drank that bottle of 12. Good for you. After you acquired 4 more one of them could have got back to Mike as a thank you for a free $225 bottle of liquor. Or send it to someone else on here free. Pay it forward kind of deal. Mike would love that more than getting it himself. That is how cool Mike is.

Curtpick I admire your sense of gallantry but when you say people should keep their mouths shut when they don't have the whole story, you should follow that if you are going to say it. You didn't know the circumstances either.