Options

Biggest Disappointment?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    naw. im far to tired to be witty.
  • Options
    EFLAGGSEFLAGGS Posts: 19
    Great Question, min is the CAO Mx2, so hyped to try it but it was bitter with uneven flavors, it sucked ass!!

Fav smokes:: Gurka Beauty, centurian, legend, RP Conn, Vint 90/92...
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    EFLAGGS:
    Great Question, min is the CAO Mx2, so hyped to try it but it was bitter with uneven flavors, it sucked ass!!
    I banish you, you're banished.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:
    Well, E, it was good having you around while it lasted. Of course, feel free to come back as "CAOMX2SUX."
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:
    For some reason I thought of Monty Python and the Holy Grail when you said that Maddy. Best make sure he stays banished by using the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
  • Options
    Garen B:
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:
    For some reason I thought of Monty Python and the Holy Grail when you said that Maddy. Best make sure he stays banished by using the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
    I was thinking of the Mac vs. PC commercial?
  • Options
    And they said these boards were'nt welcoming. LMAO! It sucked, it was'nt a good smoke what am I suppossed to say?? SUCKED ASS!! the fact that I was so exited to smoke it made it more dissappointing.

BTW Thanks to all of you for the humi/hygro advise, it's working perfectly now and it's filled (for now)
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Mine was the Nub Camaroon. It started out harsh and not gonna lie put it down after fifteen minutes and went inside. It didn't get better. Though I tried it again and I did like it
  • Options
    Yea some smokes are like that, not good the 1st time out but the 2nd try is a big improvement, I've never tried Nub's what do you think of them?
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    EFLAGGS:
    Great Question, min is the CAO Mx2, so hyped to try it but it was bitter with uneven flavors, it sucked ass!! Fav smokes:: Gurka Beauty, centurian, legend, RP Conn, Vint 90/92...
    I was pretty excited to try this one also - really wish it tasted as good as I thought it was going to. I think I only smoked a little over half.
  • Options
    EFLAGGS:
    And they said these boards were'nt welcoming. LMAO! It sucked, it was'nt a good smoke what am I suppossed to say?? SUCKED ASS!! the fact that I was so exited to smoke it made it more dissappointing. BTW Thanks to all of you for the humi/hygro advise, it's working perfectly now and it's filled (for now)
    I'm just giving you a hard time. Thats just one of my fave sticks. It goes extremely well with a nice tall glass of bourbon.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:
    And they said these boards were'nt welcoming. LMAO! It sucked, it was'nt a good smoke what am I suppossed to say?? SUCKED ASS!! the fact that I was so exited to smoke it made it more dissappointing. BTW Thanks to all of you for the humi/hygro advise, it's working perfectly now and it's filled (for now)
    I'm just giving you a hard time. Thats just one of my fave sticks. It goes extremely well with a nice tall glass of bourbon.
    So this banter had me intriguied. Pulled out a CAO mx2 tonight and I have to go with Mr. Fan on this one. It was tremendous and I knew about two puffs in this would be a fantastic smoke.

Interesting sidenote, this stick had one of the strongest pre-light barnyard smells I've picked up. Um, um good.
  • Options
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:
    So this banter had me intriguied. Pulled out a CAO mx2 tonight and I have to go with Mr. Fan on this one. It was tremendous and I knew about two puffs in this would be a fantastic smoke.

Interesting sidenote, this stick had one of the strongest pre-light barnyard smells I've picked up. Um, um good.
    Tis a great stick.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:

Tis a great stick.
    Tis not! :D Of course the only CAO cigar I like is the CX2.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:

Tis a great stick.
    Tis not! :D Of course the only CAO cigar I like is the CX2.
    I'm with Maddy on this one, the MX2 is awesome! I've had many of them and they never dissapoint! That reminds me I need to get some more to keep on hand!!
  • Options
    Yeah, it's just not one of those cigars that I like, you know how it goes...Can't like everything, just don't have the room. :)
  • Options
    as far as CAO goes

Italia
    Black
    Black VR
    Cx2
    Brazilia
    Mx2

IMHO
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    as far as CAO goes

Italia
    Black
    Black VR
    Cx2
    Brazilia
    Mx2

IMHO

are you sayin' you don't like any of those Kuzi or thats your preference in order of like or dislike
  • Options
    That has to be his order of preference I've heard him spew his devout love of the Italia a few times.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    gottcha ...
  • Options
    madurofan:
    That has to be his order of preference I've heard him spew his devout love of the Italia a few times.
    yeah. i just dont seem to like the brazilia that much....

but looking at this now i see that i transposed the brazilia and the Mx2. i liked the Mx2 more.
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    I just had my first CAO. It was a Black, and it was amazing. Very impressed, which I guess is the opposite of the purpose of this topic hahaha
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Rested in my humi for about 3 months.

Humi has been near perfect Temp and RH during that time. Smoked many out of same humi with no issues!

I had burn issues with this cigar the entire way. I actually got tired of it and pitched it after an hour an a half. Probably had another half hour to go or so!

I was really looking forward to this one too!
  • Options
    How did that turn into a banter??? I thought it was your most dissappointing smoke...mine is the CAO Mx2, and after tonight the Gurkha Park Ave...just because it sucked for me does'nt mean it's not someone elses favorite smoke and may be great for them. It just SUCKED for me and why do I have to defend that? I thought this was a place where people from all walks of life who love cigars come and talk about them, not "I'm with Maddy here" lol...That's cool that he's a big Maduro fan, because I bet he gives great advise on the subject. But if you voice youropinion and people start popping off then what's really the point? Cigar.com not idol.com!! LMAO
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    EFLAGGS:
    How did that turn into a banter??? I thought it was your most dissappointing smoke...mine is the CAO Mx2, and after tonight the Gurkha Park Ave...just because it sucked for me does'nt mean it's not someone elses favorite smoke and may be great for them. It just SUCKED for me and why do I have to defend that? I thought this was a place where people from all walks of life who love cigars come and talk about them, not "I'm with Maddy here" lol...That's cool that he's a big Maduro fan, because I bet he gives great advise on the subject. But if you voice youropinion and people start popping off then what's really the point? Cigar.com not idol.com!! LMAO

Wow, strange. I'm with you on the CAO. I have had the black, Brazilia, and VR, and have had nothing but problems with the burn, as well as not liking the taste. But I bought a box of the Park Ave two months ago, and have almost finished it. They have all been great smokes, with even burns and a TON of smoke from a light draw. I admit the flavor is more mild, but it's a good flavor to me. I did give one to fourtotheflush, and he had wrapper problems, but that was the only one out of 20. Definitely a good smoke for less than $3 though.

Different smokes for different folks I know...
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    Rested in my humi for about 3 months.

Humi has been near perfect Temp and RH during that time. Smoked many out of same humi with no issues!

I had burn issues with this cigar the entire way. I actually got tired of it and pitched it after an hour an a half. Probably had another half hour to go or so!

I was really looking forward to this one too!

Sorry to hear that - know how much you were looking forward to them. Tell ya what, I'll trade you my CAO VR's for them. HAHA!!!
  • Options
    EFLAGGS:
    Dude slow your roll. I was kidding, as anyone who's been around here for a while would know. I only made the joke bc those that have been around me for a while know I always say the MX2 is my go to smoke bc its so consistent.

And actually the truth of the matter is I'm not that much of a maduro fan anymore more of a cameroon/sumatra fan.

And I know you threw in the lol's and lmao's so I hope this was mostly in jest but if not ... you're the only one popping off. You voiced your opinion and others did the same, sorry none of us realized that your opinion was off limits to any comment.

Furthermore, people create threads to start conversation and back and forth, not for you to post your opinion and expect no one to say anything.

I've given my opinion on a few cigars that I thought sucked and after a few people said they had a great experience with it I gave it another shot. Sometimes its better the second time, sometimes not. Point is when I post my opinion on a stick I want people to give me there opinions as well. If the majority of people agree with my opinion that it sucked I'll likely never try it again but if the majority of people disagree then I will give it a shot.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:
    Dude slow your roll. I was kidding, as anyone who's been around here for a while would know. I only made the joke bc those that have been around me for a while know I always say the MX2 is my go to smoke bc its so consistent.

And actually the truth of the matter is I'm not that much of a maduro fan anymore more of a cameroon/sumatra fan.

And I know you threw in the lol's and lmao's so I hope this was mostly in jest but if not ... you're the only one popping off. You voiced your opinion and others did the same, sorry none of us realized that your opinion was off limits to any comment.

Furthermore, people create threads to start conversation and back and forth, not for you to post your opinion and expect no one to say anything.

I've given my opinion on a few cigars that I thought sucked and after a few people said they had a great experience with it I gave it another shot. Sometimes its better the second time, sometimes not. Point is when I post my opinion on a stick I want people to give me there opinions as well. If the majority of people agree with my opinion that it sucked I'll likely never try it again but if the majority of people disagree then I will give it a shot.
    I'm with Maddy here...
  • Options
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    EFLAGGS:

I'm with Maddy here...
    I'm with Luko...but not maddy.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yup me too. I'm with Joz3r and Maddy but not with Luko.