Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Haha, you are correct my friend, it was a Limitada '09. I have been looking at getting a few more so if we can arrange a box split with one or two more I would def. be down. I am glad you enjoyed it! I haven't had one in a little while but I remember it being great!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    ejenne87:
    Haha, you are correct my friend, it was a Limitada '09. I have been looking at getting a few more so if we can arrange a box split with one or two more I would def. be down. I am glad you enjoyed it! I haven't had one in a little while but I remember it being great!
    Yeah man, this one beats the crap out of the one I smoked awhile back. Keep me posted on that split. I'll smoke Cigar C today!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    betasynn:
    ejenne87:
    Yeah man, this one beats the crap out of the one I smoked awhile back. Keep me posted on that split. I'll smoke Cigar C today!
    Cool - Evan sent me one of the '09s in a different game to me. Looking forward to trying this one.
  • Options
    Alrighty, Cigar 'C' was the best one yet. I loved it, tasted to me like another product of DPG. It reminded me of a DPG Cuban Classic, but I've never had a torpedo like that. I really don't know what it is, but I'll guess a DPG Cuban Classic. Nice and spicy.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    It was definitely my favorite out of the set. They did a great job with balancing the blend. I will be buying a few of these sticks in the near future. For any maduro fans, this is a must try.
  • Options
    I sent you (Tony) your sticks today. No La Bonitas in the shop this month, though, so I threw some others your way.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Right on man, sounds good. That being said, who wants to be my Mystery Mooch?
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Alrighty, Cigar 'C' was the best one yet. I loved it, tasted to me like another product of DPG. It reminded me of a DPG Cuban Classic, but I've never had a torpedo like that. I really don't know what it is, but I'll guess a DPG Cuban Classic. Nice and spicy.
    Cigar "C" was one of the brand new Cain Habano's. I Had one the day the box got to me and fell in love! I am unpatiently waiting for them to get a little age on them because I know they will be amazing in a year or so. I'm glad you enjoyed it bro!!
  • Options
    Wow. Yeah, the first Cain I had was nowhere near as good. I had it a few months ago, though, so I suppose this'll be one I need to revisit. Thank you so much for all the great smokes!
  • Options
    It was my pleasure. If you want some more Cain's I bought a box of both wrappers in the torpedo size so just let me know and we can trade or something.
  • Options
    Got the box in today, I will start with Cigar A tomorrow morning. And thanks for the extras man, I appreciate it, but you did kinda go over the top, lol.
  • Options
    Cigar was an excellent Conny. At first I thought it was an Oliva Connecticut Reserve, but as the stick progressed, it showed a bit more strength than I'm used to from those. I am going to have to say it was a Rocky Patel Signature.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Cigar was an excellent Conny. At first I thought it was an Oliva Connecticut Reserve, but as the stick progressed, it showed a bit more strength than I'm used to from those. I am going to have to say it was a Rocky Patel Signature.
    Interesting guess, but cigar A was actually...

Chateau Real, by Drew Estates! Surprising, hm? I'm especially interested in your guess for B!

• Options
    Really? I remember smoking one of these a while back, around March sometime. I wasn't really impressed with them then, maybe that one just needed a little more age on it. It really was a very good Conny, reminded me alot of the Oliva but with a little more oompf. Nice. I should get Cigar B in tomorrow morning.

And the question is still out there, anyone want to be my mystery mooch?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    alienmisprint:
    Really? I remember smoking one of these a while back, around March sometime. I wasn't really impressed with them then, maybe that one just needed a little more age on it. It really was a very good Conny, reminded me alot of the Oliva but with a little more oompf. Nice. I should get Cigar B in tomorrow morning.

And the question is still out there, anyone want to be my mystery mooch?
    Tony, I haven't played this one yet, so, if you are not opposed to sending out to Canada I will be your mysery mooch. Do you need my info.?
  • Options
    Yep, I don't think I have your address. Hit me up and I will get a package out on Monday.
  • Options
    Almost finished with Cigar B, and I think I know what it is. It reminds me of an AJ Fernandez cigar, but I'm almost certain I've never had it before. After going through a few different cigar descriptions, I'm putting my money on it being a Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Whatever it is, its fantastic, I can't wait to find out what it is for sure so I can get my hands on a few more.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Almost finished with Cigar B, and I think I know what it is. It reminds me of an AJ Fernandez cigar, but I'm almost certain I've never had it before. After going through a few different cigar descriptions, I'm putting my money on it being a Diesel Unholy Cocktail. Whatever it is, its fantastic, I can't wait to find out what it is for sure so I can get my hands on a few more.
    Right you are, it's pretty distinctive looking, but I wanted to get you something nice. It is a Diesel Unholy Cocktail.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    alienmisprint:
    Right you are, it's pretty distinctive looking, but I wanted to get you something nice. It is a Diesel Unholy Cocktail.
    Nice it was indeed. It is easily in my top ten, they will probably be my next box purchase. The price is pretty reasonable on them too, gonna have to pull the trigger on those soon.
  • Options
    If you wanted to do a split I wouldn't mind jumping in either.
  • Options
    Hmmm, PM sent.
  • Options
    Alright, just finished up Cigar C. It has a very rich flavor and is definately full bodied (last cigar I had to hit me this strong was a MoW Runination). And again, I think this is one I haven't had before. Since I have to guess, the flavor profile does make me think of DPG, so maybe it is a Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label?
  • Options
    Alrighty, close in profile, but this was the new Padilla Dominus!
  • Options
    Ah, nice. I can see why you dig those so much, they are definately good, strong cigars. My favorite out of the three was the Diesel though, that was an awesome cigar. You went all out on those man, thanks again. :)
  • Options
    AS a new player, when do I ask for a mystery mooch? The rules weren't specific.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Ah, nice. I can see why you dig those so much, they are definately good, strong cigars. My favorite out of the three was the Diesel though, that was an awesome cigar. You went all out on those man, thanks again. :)
    Hah, I just wanted some unbiased opinions on the new releases, but I also like sending you stuff you've never had, since you did that a lot for me early on in my cigar-enjoying career.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    laker1963:
    Some guys wait until their mystery cigars come in, some don't. It's fun to keep the game moving along, so as early as you feel comfortable would probably be the right way to go.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    laker1963:
    Some guys wait until their mystery cigars come in, some don't. It's fun to keep the game moving along, so as early as you feel comfortable would probably be the right way to go.

Well. i am comfortable with sending sticks to anybody on the good traders list so... Who wants to be my mystery mooch, hmmmmm?
  • Options
    Well I'm getting a complex here. :(~
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Doug, You do not deserve to get a complex over this. I haven't been part of this experiment yet, I will gladly make a fool of myself if you're willing to send me some mystery sticks.