Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    bbc020:
    Doug, You do not deserve to get a complex over this. I haven't been part of this experiment yet, I will gladly make a fool of myself if you're willing to send me some mystery sticks.
    Many years from now, your children will hear tales of how brave you were to step into the line of fire and receive free cigars!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    betasynn:
    bbc020:
    Doug, You do not deserve to get a complex over this. I haven't been part of this experiment yet, I will gladly make a fool of myself if you're willing to send me some mystery sticks.
    Many years from now, your children will hear tales of how brave you were to step into the line of fire and receive free cigars!
    I have your info. Brandon. Package coming your way.

LMAO off. That was funny Beta. How are your defenses, these day's, funny guy ?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Uh-oh. I'm going to go ahead and dig a trench. BRB.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    betasynn:
    bbc020:
    Children? I'm too cowardly to raise kids! I'll tell the lonely cat lady that will be hanging around me of my brave conquest.
  • Options
    Now who might dare receive some cigars cloaked in mystery from Southeast Ohio....I know how to freak a black and mild!

JK, but I do tend to work toward the fuller bodied cigars, fair warning.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Oh yeah! I'll definitely take you up on the mystery offer! I love some full bodied smokes, too! I'll PM my address. :) Can't wait - I love this game.
  • Options
    Pm returned, hopefully have some cigars on the way later today
  • Options
    Sweet. Replied to your PM.

To keep this game going quickly - who wants to be my mystery mooch? We are going to have a few of us posting mystery reviews at the same time. :)
  • Options
    Phil, pm sent
  • Options
    Got it, thanks! Who's going to be my mystery mooch?
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Phil you have been raving about this game and I wanna get in on it but I think I will wait to be someone else's mooch. Next time we smoke I'll just bring you a mystery stick.
  • Options
    So I tried my first mystery stick from our own beloved Alien last night.
    It was a slight box pressed 6.5 X 52 - 54 ring gauge.

I wanted to ask Tony, did this stick have some age on it? It sure smoked nice, and the flavors were mingled together very well. Overall a VERY enjoyable stick.

I am going to guess that this stick 'A' was a Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Habano.

I will be getting to stick 'B' sometime today. Thanks again Tony, excellent stick.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    It did have a little over two months on it, and it was indeed a Habano wrapper. You also got the size dead on, 6.5 x 54. But, it wasn't an RP, it was a Padron Natural 4000. I'm really excited to see what you have to say about B and C.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    It did have a little over two months on it, and it was indeed a Habano wrapper. You also got the size dead on, 6.5 x 54. But, it wasn't an RP, it was a Padron Natural 4000. I'm really excited to see what you have to say about B and C.
    You know what? I did have Padron written down as an alternative too. What changed my mind was when I looked at the Padron at C.COM they were all torp's. I don't know the Padron line very well. Very tasty, is what it was :)
  • Options
    Glad you liked it. I really can't wait to see what you think of B, oh, and make sure you eat before you smoke Cigar C, it is pretty set on the full body side.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    Phil you have been raving about this game and I wanna get in on it but I think I will wait to be someone else's mooch. Next time we smoke I'll just bring you a mystery stick.
    Sweet idea. It would be a little silly for you to be my mystery mooch, lol.

Come one! Someone wants to be my mystery mooch! I got some good stuff waiting for you to guess!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I haven't done this one for a while, I'll be your mooch Tat.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I haven't done this one for a while, I'll be your mooch Tat.
    Awesome. I haven't traded with you yet - PM me your addy and I'll see if I can get to the post office tomorrow.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    Now who might dare receive some cigars cloaked in mystery from Southeast Ohio....I know how to freak a black and mild!

Ok, Brandon. I just smoked cigar A. My review:

I would guess size to be 5.5x55 or so - a thick, dark cigar. Veiny and a bit toothy. The wrapper was a tough, thick wrapper as well. Smelled awesome, and as Brandon said - he tends to smoke fuller cigars - I could smell the strong, heavy flavor before I lit her up.

Draw and burn were excellent the entire way - think I touched it up once. Smoke time was about an hour and a half.

Flavor was pretty consistent - heavier body, strong flavors of leather and espresso. I picked up a few other flavors along the way, but they didn't stay around for too long. A hint of chocolate, some coffee, and something very different I couldn't figure out. It got spicier halfway through and the flavors got even heavier at the end. It was great! I love strong cigars, and this one definitely fits that profile.

My guess would be something by A. Fernandez. I'm going to guess the Man O' War Ruination (I guessed that in a different mystery cigar and crashed and burned, lol).
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    bbc020:

Ok, Brandon. I just smoked cigar A. My review:

I would guess size to be 5.5x55 or so - a thick, dark cigar. Veiny and a bit toothy. The wrapper was a tough, thick wrapper as well. Smelled awesome, and as Brandon said - he tends to smoke fuller cigars - I could smell the strong, heavy flavor before I lit her up.

Draw and burn were excellent the entire way - think I touched it up once. Smoke time was about an hour and a half.

Flavor was pretty consistent - heavier body, strong flavors of leather and espresso. I picked up a few other flavors along the way, but they didn't stay around for too long. A hint of chocolate, some coffee, and something very different I couldn't figure out. It got spicier halfway through and the flavors got even heavier at the end. It was great! I love strong cigars, and this one definitely fits that profile.

My guess would be something by A. Fernandez. I'm going to guess the Man O' War Ruination (I guessed that in a different mystery cigar and crashed and burned, lol).
    Phil,

Great description of this cigar. This one is a stronger bodied cigar that I go to every once in a while. This was the CAO Brazilia Gol!.
  • Options
    Crashed and burned again, lol.

It was great - I think I'm going to get to cigar B this afternoon. Time to eat something heavy!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Crashed and burned again, lol.

It was great - I think I'm going to get to cigar B this afternoon. Time to eat something heavy!
    Those are KILLER sticks. I have tried the Brazilia's in several of the sizes, but the Gol is the one to compare every other vitola in this line to.
  • Options
    Finished up Mystery Cigar B this afternoon!

This was a thinner cigar - maybe 42 ring gauge or so, and about 5" long. Great construction, a light chocolate color, smells wonderful!

Burn was near perfect again - one correction in the hour and some smoke.

Flavor was wonderful. I could not place the flavors for the life of me, but there was a really nice blend of spice, earth and a sweetness to the wrapper. For such a thin cigar, it let off a TON of smoke. Thick, creamy, and heavy smoke that didn't seem to want to dissipate. The finish was sweet and creamy, but had a nice spice kick to it. Once again, very impressed. It reminded me of something Tatuaje would put out, so my guess:

Tatuaje Miami Noella.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    There comes a time when every man needs a little help. Right now, I need someone to help me offload some mystery cigars. So who's gonna help a brotha out and be my mooch?
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Glad you liked it. I really can't wait to see what you think of B, oh, and make sure you eat before you smoke Cigar C, it is pretty set on the full body side.
    I got to Cigar B last night and to Cigar C this morning.

Cigar "B" was 6.5 X 52 (54) Box press again. I know I have smoked this cigar before. It's been a while but I will say it was a Gurkha Regent?

Same story with the "C" cigar... I know I have smoked it recently, and it certainly tasted similar to my Man 'O War Ruination's. So for lack of any other guess I will go with that.

I will say, WELL DONE Alien, I enjoyed every stick, even if I don't guess any of them correctly.
  • Options
    Cigar B was actually my favorite cigar, a RP Decade. You nailed C though, it was indeed a Man O War Ruination. Glad you enjoyed them all. :)
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Finished up Mystery Cigar B this afternoon!

This was a thinner cigar - maybe 42 ring gauge or so, and about 5" long. Great construction, a light chocolate color, smells wonderful!

Burn was near perfect again - one correction in the hour and some smoke.

Flavor was wonderful. I could not place the flavors for the life of me, but there was a really nice blend of spice, earth and a sweetness to the wrapper. For such a thin cigar, it let off a TON of smoke. Thick, creamy, and heavy smoke that didn't seem to want to dissipate. The finish was sweet and creamy, but had a nice spice kick to it. Once again, very impressed. It reminded me of something Tatuaje would put out, so my guess:

Tatuaje Miami Noella.
    Well, Phil, you hit the nail on the head with the description again. Spice, Earch and sweetness are the main flavors I detect in this cigar. And it is a lot like something Tatuaje puts out, because it is something that Tatuaje puts out. This was the Tat Havana VI Angeles. I knew you had experience with this stick and enjoyed it, so I threw it in there to see if you could catch it. This may have been able to fool you a bit due to being somewhat young. I have only had the box of these for a few short weeks. I smoked one tonight and could notice it's youth, but still a good stick. IMO
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Cigar B was actually my favorite cigar, a RP Decade. You nailed C though, it was indeed a Man O War Ruination. Glad you enjoyed them all. :)
    Thanks aain Tony they were great.

You know, after this little test, I may have to revisit the RP Decades. I have only had a few, didn't like any of them abd gave up on 'em.
    That "B" Stick, in that size was very tasty, so maybe I got a run of bad ones or I just didn't enjoy the Vitola of the others but this one was pretty tasty.
    I don't know where I came up with the Regent, except that it is also another stick I have only had several of, and they were all quite some time ago. I find I like particular size sticks in some lines whereas I don't enjoy the same stick in a different size. Most Churchills are like that for me... I just don't enjoy them. Give me a Toro or Corona.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Thanks again Tony they were great.

You know, after this little test, I may have to revisit the RP Decades. I have only had a few, didn't like any of them abd gave up on 'em.
    That "B" Stick, in that size was very tasty, so maybe I got a run of bad ones or I just didn't enjoy the Vitola of the others but this one was pretty tasty.
    I don't know where I came up with the Regent, except that it is also another stick I have only had several of, and they were all quite some time ago. I find I like particular size sticks in some lines whereas I don't enjoy the same stick in a different size. Most Churchills are like that for me... I just don't enjoy them. Give me a Toro or Corona.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Thanks again Tony they were great.

You know, after this little test, I may have to revisit the RP Decades. I have only had a few, didn't like any of them and gave up on 'em.