Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Not to get too far ahead, but I'm interested in giving this game another try after ejenne gives it a go.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    rad1964:
    TatuajeVI:
    My guess for cigar "B" is Rocky Patel Vintage 1992.
    Damn your good! Cigar B was a.... - Rocky Patel, Vintage 1992, Robusto, Habano

I thought the shape and taste might give it away. Are you familiar with this stick?

Wow, really? Sweet! I don't think I've ever had one, but with the box press, great construction, and the flavor, I figured it was a good guess at least. :) Awesome that I got it right on, lol.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Not to get too far ahead, but I'm interested in giving this game another try after ejenne gives it a go.
    He will be receiving his mystery cigars next week. Due to his location (afghanistan) it may take a bit longer than normal. PM him and let him know you what to be his mystery mooch!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    beta, I would be more than happy to hook you up. check your PM's
  • Options
    Replied! Excited to get into this game!
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    rad1964:
    Cigar B was a.... - Rocky Patel, Vintage 1992, Robusto, Habano
    Hey rad, not to split hairs or anything, but the RP 1992 has an Ecadorian Sumatra wrapper. Just thought I'd share that with you, not trying to correct you or anything. :)
    oye!
    how could I have said habano! I use a excel spread sheet.. so I must have printed it wrong to start. The sheet will become more handy when I sort by fillers, etc. and discover new cigars based on my filler preferences.
    Thanks j0z3r.

I likes me an accurate list!

• Options
    I just finished up Mystery Cigar "C" and wow am I buzzed, lol. My review:

This was a very well constructed cigar. Think ring gauge, but shorter in size. I could tell from the initial smell and feel it was going to be packed pretty tight, and I was right. It burned perfect for the first 50 minutes - and it was awesome - the first ash didn't need to happen until then. On a scale of 1-10, the ash-to-crotch landing gets a 8.7 - so close. I think I ashed once more before I smoked it to the micro-nub. It needed a few corrections eventually, but nothing crazy.

This started medium bodied at first, but I knew it was going to knock my socks off eventually. It did! The flavor was strong earth, spicy but not overpowering. Wonderful. I enjoyed this one probably the most of the three. After the first third or so, it definitely got heavier and stronger. Man was it awesome. The flavor didn't change much, and I'm glad it didn't! I about burned the crap out of my fingers finishing it - rare for me. I typically will set a cigar down with an inch or more left, but not this guy!

Final thoughts: clearly, I loved it. I hope my guess is correct, cause I've never had one and I just ordered a bunch of them!

My guess: Man o' War Ruination
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    I just finished up Mystery Cigar "C" and wow am I buzzed, lol. My review:

This was a very well constructed cigar. Think ring gauge, but shorter in size. I could tell from the initial smell and feel it was going to be packed pretty tight, and I was right. It burned perfect for the first 50 minutes - and it was awesome - the first ash didn't need to happen until then. On a scale of 1-10, the ash-to-crotch landing gets a 8.7 - so close. I think I ashed once more before I smoked it to the micro-nub. It needed a few corrections eventually, but nothing crazy.

This started medium bodied at first, but I knew it was going to knock my socks off eventually. It did! The flavor was strong earth, spicy but not overpowering. Wonderful. I enjoyed this one probably the most of the three. After the first third or so, it definitely got heavier and stronger. Man was it awesome. The flavor didn't change much, and I'm glad it didn't! I about burned the crap out of my fingers finishing it - rare for me. I typically will set a cigar down with an inch or more left, but not this guy!

Final thoughts: clearly, I loved it. I hope my guess is correct, cause I've never had one and I just ordered a bunch of them!

My guess: Man o' War Ruination
    So, without any fanfare: Cigar C - Graycliff, Double Espresso, Maduro, Robusto Meet one of my favorites... Just went by on the deal of the day ...

• Options
    Wow, very cool. Thanks so much for this mystery cigar selection. It was really interesting to try them out and review them without knowing what they were. Three cigars, very different, and all very good.
  • Options
    I smoked a Double Espresso the other night, the night of the daily deal for the Graycliff Double Espressos... to triple check to see if I needed even more of them. I enjoyed it immensely and was going to order "2" more of the daily deals... but fell asleep :(

I love that cigar

• Options
    rad1964:
    I smoked a Double Espresso the other night, the night of the daily deal for the Graycliff Double Espressos... to triple check to see if I needed even more of them. I enjoyed it immensely and was going to order "2" more of the daily deals... but fell asleep :(

I love that cigar

I'm sure if you call in, they will honor the daily deal price. They do for me if I miss one I really wanted. Ask for Jeff.
  • Options
    Got my pack from Phil today, hopefully I can get to cigar A here in a little bit. I smelled it as soon as they got here and it smells delicious! I can't wait!
  • Options
    So, cigar A was super delicious. It was pretty powerful, dark and oily, and spicy. The burn and draw were flawless. I am rather stumped though as to what cigar this one is. I want to say MoW Ruination but they don't come in the size I smoked. It has been a long time since I have had one of these but I have to guess: CAO MX2...?
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    So, cigar A was super delicious. It was pretty powerful, dark and oily, and spicy. The burn and draw were flawless. I am rather stumped though as to what cigar this one is. I want to say MoW Ruination but they don't come in the size I smoked. It has been a long time since I have had one of these but I have to guess: CAO MX2...?
    SO close! It was the CAO LX2. Spot on with the review - pretty powerful cigar, good spice, and I've always had great draw and burn with this one. Definitely in my top ten favs.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    SO close! It was the CAO LX2. Spot on with the review - pretty powerful cigar, good spice, and I've always had great draw and burn with this one. Definitely in my top ten favs.
    That was the first one of those I have had. I told myself that is had to be a ligero if it wasnt the MoW because it was so strong and spicy but the wrapper seemed too dark. I guess I should have taken a better look at it in the light. Great smoke though, I certainly will be getting more.
  • Options
    So I am pretty sure I was sent a chocolate bar instead of a cigar. This thing was all chocolate all the way. It was a pretty decent smoke, I really liked it. I am not very sure what this one is. I am going to have to guess La Vieja Habana. It has been quite a while since I have hadone of these but I kinda remember it being chocolatey and medium bodied. It definately tasted like an infused cigar.
  • Options
    Wow, really? Interesting. That one was a Padilla Miami. Definitely not infused, but it definitely has a cocoa/chocolate flavor to it! Though not as pronounced normally.
  • Options
    I couldn't have been farther off haha! I have only had one of the Padilla's, but it was way too dry or just not old enough. Cigar C tomorrow!!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    I couldn't have been farther off haha! I have only had one of the Padilla's, but it was way too dry or just not old enough. Cigar C tomorrow!!
    According to my spreadsheet, that one had been in the humidor since July, so it was rested well by the time I sent it out. Love that cigar.
  • Options
    So I def. feel like a bit of an idiot. I just finished cigar "C" and I am pretty sure this one is a La Vieja Habana haha.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    So I def. feel like a bit of an idiot. I just finished cigar "C" and I am pretty sure this one is a La Vieja Habana haha.
    LOL.

This is one of my new favs! Cu-Avana Intenso! I think I'm having another one later on tonight. Mmm, what a great smoke.
  • Options
    hahaI guess my nose is more stuffed thatn I thought. I have been having sinus trouble so apparently everything tastes like LVH haha. I will have to try to clear myself out with a nice MoW Ruination tonight i guess.
  • Options
    I got my cigars from ejenne so I'll start with these probably tomorrow, and then proceed from there.
  • Options
    Mystery Cigar 'A'- Very big stogie, easily a 52 ring gauge, if not 54, very nice, toothy wrapper. It smokes like a dominican cigar, very sweet, and it has that cameroon twang to it. If I had to make a guess, I'd go with an Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend.
  • Options
    Cigar A was a Rocky Patel Royal Vintage. I have never had one so I can't really comment haha. I have some in the humi though.
  • Options
    I knew it tasted familiar! Alrighty, well, at least the maker is the same! Tomorrow we'll see how I do on cigar B! Also, who is going to be my mooch?
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I haven't done this in a while, I'll be your mystery mooch Beta!
  • Options
    Ah yes, I always love sending stuff to you. I'll throw in some La Bonitas if you want as well, if you want. I need your new address, though!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The purple labels would be awesome, I greatly appreciate it ;). PM incoming with the new addy.
  • Options
    Alright, Evan. This was a damn good cigar. The burn was a little wacky, but the flavor was excellent. Lots of pepper, a subtle cinnamonny sweetness, really enjoyable. It looked a little funky, so it was hard for me to come up with a guess, but I'll wager it's a 5 Vegas Limitada of some kind. Tasted like a DPG anyhow, I'm actually hoping it's something else, something affordable, since I want to buy another (or five.) I sat and nubbed this one even though it was 42 degrees and windy, and I'd had the foresight to go outside wearing a t-shirt and shorts.