Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I loved it! I had no idea what it was! I jotted down about 4 possibilities, but cannot choose one. I was like - "I don't know what the hell this is, but I just found a new favorite cigar!" i can't wait to see what they are... I might do "B" tonight... Either that or smoke something else with Beta for a group review...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Ok Goldy, just finished Cigar A. It was suprisingly good, a flavorful maduro with alot of coffee, cocoa, and toast flavors popping in and out. I am pretty sure I haven't had it, it has a very distinct taste and I'm pretty sure I would remember it. The only cigar that this reminds me of at all is the Nub Maduro (and even that is just a vague similarity), which this obviously isn't. I'll take a stab in the dark and guess it was a CAO VR.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Supprisingly good? HA, you have no faith in me. Glad you liked it man.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Supprisingly good? HA, you have no faith in me. Glad you liked it man.
    Lol, sorry, that came out wrong. It did suprise me though, I really enjoyed it. Most good cigars are, well, good. This suprised me because of how much it appealed to my tastes. Can't wait to find out what it was so I can order some, lol.
  • Options
    Ok... First off I wanna give a big thanks to alienmisprint! This has been the best mystery cigar experience. All three cigars were awesome! In fact I believe I will be adding Cigars B and C to my humidor :)... Now I am sure I will not get the brands. I have not smoked any of these 3 cigars before and am unfamiliar to them, but I will do my best. What follows is straight from my extensive notes. Enjoy ;)!

Cigar A
    It was a tripple capped cigar and seemed like it had Nicaraguan and Connecticut filler! I was surprised. It had a honeyish pre-light and I got some chocolate in the start. There was a faint spice in the beginning 1/3. It was a very pleasant medium smoke and had a nice burn and good draw. It is funny but the major flavor reminded me of the smell of orthodox churches with all their candles and incense inside :)... This was the one I had the most problem choosing a name for. I put down a lot of names in my list, but if I have to choose one I will say Arturo Fuente. My next guess would be Padilla 1968...

Cigar B
    It was a very pleasant surprise ;). It had an awesome habano wrapper and light barnyard smell to it. I'd say Nicaraguan fillers. I felt some cognac and nut in the start. Then it turned very woody and gave me cedar flavors throughout. It was very different than A. It was again a medium bodied cigar. Till the end it had a flavor I couldn't quite pinpoint. It seemed though like an Oliva cigar. Maybe Oliva O? It was mellow and with slight sweet aftertaste till the end. Nice finish!

Cigar C
    My favorite of the bunch! Cigar C was love at first sight and was the only cigar I have nubbed in the past month! It had a light barnyard smell like B, but also lots'o honey! It had a nutty, sweet pre-light and started with a immediate great draw and burn. It was smooth and on the milder side of medium. Probably Dominican Tobacco. It gave me lots of nut and honey. It had a nice creaminess and sweetness in the back and felt really good! My new favorite anytime smoke! I kept saying "wow" to myself as I smoked in my sun room! It finished with a lot of espresso... I'd say either a Padilla or Montecristo Platinum or a La Aurora. Since I gotta choose one - La Aurora...

Comments? How did I do? I am very excited to learn!

I am still looking for people who want to mooch off me! Come on people - we gotta keep this game going!

Cheers!
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    Ok... First off I wanna give a big thanks to alienmisprint! This has been the best mystery cigar experience. All three cigars were awesome! In fact I believe I will be adding Cigars B and C to my humidor :)... Now I am sure I will not get the brands. I have not smoked any of these 3 cigars before and am unfamiliar to them, but I will do my best. What follows is straight from my extensive notes. Enjoy ;)!

Cigar A
    It was a tripple capped cigar and seemed like it had Nicaraguan and Connecticut filler! I was surprised. It had a honeyish pre-light and I got some chocolate in the start. There was a faint spice in the beginning 1/3. It was a very pleasant medium smoke and had a nice burn and good draw. It is funny but the major flavor reminded me of the smell of orthodox churches with all their candles and incense inside :)... This was the one I had the most problem choosing a name for. I put down a lot of names in my list, but if I have to choose one I will say Arturo Fuente. My next guess would be Padilla 1968...

Cigar B
    It was a very pleasant surprise ;). It had an awesome habano wrapper and light barnyard smell to it. I'd say Nicaraguan fillers. I felt some cognac and nut in the start. Then it turned very woody and gave me cedar flavors throughout. It was very different than A. It was again a medium bodied cigar. Till the end it had a flavor I couldn't quite pinpoint. It seemed though like an Oliva cigar. Maybe Oliva O? It was mellow and with slight sweet aftertaste till the end. Nice finish!

Cigar C
    My favorite of the bunch! Cigar C was love at first sight and was the only cigar I have nubbed in the past month! It had a light barnyard smell like B, but also lots'o honey! It had a nutty, sweet pre-light and started with a immediate great draw and burn. It was smooth and on the milder side of medium. Probably Dominican Tobacco. It gave me lots of nut and honey. It had a nice creaminess and sweetness in the back and felt really good! My new favorite anytime smoke! I kept saying "wow" to myself as I smoked in my sun room! It finished with a lot of espresso... I'd say either a Padilla or Montecristo Platinum or a La Aurora. Since I gotta choose one - La Aurora...

Comments? How did I do? I am very excited to learn!

I am still looking for people who want to mooch off me! Come on people - we gotta keep this game going!

Cheers!
    Very good guess on cigar A, it was indeed a Padilla '68. The cigars were:

Cigar A: Padilla Series '68
    Cigar B: RP Fusion
    Cigar C: RP Summer Collection '08
  • Options
    Wow! No sh*t! I thought I'd hate the Fusion! I have a couple but I have never ventured to smoke them - thought they'd be too full-bodied... Then, Beta gave me once RP Summer Collection '09 and I loved it, but the '08 is damn awesome! I will look to buy a few right away hahahah! Hm... No wonder why B and C had similar smell and draw = RP! Still waiting for moochers...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Renaissance_Man:
    Wow! No sh*t! I thought I'd hate the Fusion! I have a couple but I have never ventured to smoke them - thought they'd be too full-bodied... Then, Beta gave me once RP Summer Collection '09 and I loved it, but the '08 is damn awesome! I will look to buy a few right away hahahah! Hm... No wonder why B and C had similar smell and draw = RP! Still waiting for moochers...

Tempting, but I will have to pass as I wont be able to smoke 3 cigars in a timely fashion any time soon.
  • Options
    :(... so I guess the mystery game is experiencing a little pause... Well, it gives some time for my ciggies to relax in the humi anyway :)...
  • Options
    I think this is supposed to be a slower game anyway. I think we would all like it to be faster but its not practical with 3 sticks.
  • Options
    Sorry about my delay, but we just signed for our new place Tuesday. We have been in the process of getting everything moved in and all, but I should be able to get around to smoking the other two mystery sticks tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.
  • Options
    No worries, make sure you have time to enjoy them to give you the best chance to enjoy them. I dont want stress to be the reason you dont like B or C. (I think you would like them anyway though :)
  • Options
    B was another good one, although I did enjoy A a little more. I think I have had this one before, but I can't exactly put a finger on it. It had a nice amount of spice, but not too much, and a few different flavors popping up here and there. It changed a good bit for the first half, then a little after the halfway point settled in to a pretty steady flavor profile. 5 Vegas Miami keeps popping up in my head for some reason, but it has been a few months since I had one of those. I can't really pin it down on any other brands though, so I will go with 5 Vegas Miami.
  • Options
    C was yet another one I really enjoyed. This is one I would want to keep on hand at all times. It had plenty of pepper and leather, a very robust smoke. I am guessing it is something by DPG, not gonna go with any specific line though because I am regrettably unfamiliar with most of his stuff. So, to sum up, my guesses are:

Cigar A: CAO VR
    Cigar B: 5 Vegas Miami
    Cigar C: Something by Don Pepin Garcia

How'd I do?
  • Options
    A: Helix
    B: Carlos Toranno Silver Exodus 1959 (with 4-5 years of aging on them)
    C: Bahia Blu

I figured you had tried most brands so I tried to throw some sticks at you that most people have not tired like the helix. For some reason that brand has gotten a bad rap and no one dares to try it. I am glad you confirmed my suspicion that is it not a bad smoke.
    Have you had any of those before?
  • Options
    Goldy:
    A: Helix
    B: Carlos Toranno Silver Exodus 1959 (with 4-5 years of aging on them)
    C: Bahia Blu

I figured you had tried most brands so I tried to throw some sticks at you that most people have not tired like the helix. For some reason that brand has gotten a bad rap and no one dares to try it. I am glad you confirmed my suspicion that is it not a bad smoke.
    Have you had any of those before?
    Helix? Really? You are correct in that I never tried it due to its bad reputation, but honestly it was my favorite of the three. I have had the Exodus, but the gold. That is probably why it seemed familiar to me, I imagine the silver and gold are at least somewhat similar. The Bahia Blu is another suprising one, I have read alot of negative stuff on it, but I thought it was a damn good smoke as well. Looking at the price of the Helix's, I'm probably going to order some. Thanks again Goldy, it was fun and I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Let me know what you think about that Henry Clay too.

• Options
    You just decided my evening smoke, I'll let you know how I like it.
  • Options
    So do we have any other ppl left guessing? I got a bit confused for a second... As of now the game is on halt, right? (which was a subtle way to remind again that i need a mooch)
  • Options
    Yep, I think that is it until you get your mooch. It can take a while sometimes, I think my longest streak was over two weeks with no hits on the pay it forward board.
  • Options
    Come on ppl - keep this game a live... Any mooches? Don't make me call my band of gypsies...
  • Options
    Ok... I give up.. Its been like almost 3 weeks... Anyway... Who wants to mooch off me - I will send you $20 bills rolled like cigars - you don't even have to smoke em to guess em... Can anybody refuse this now? :)
  • Options
    Yeah, somebody mooch off the guy, lol. This has been open for quite a while.
  • Options
    I am starting to take this personal :(... No mooches? Seriously?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Damn Stan, I hate to leave you hanging for so long. I'll take your mystery cigars.

PM incoming.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Damn Stan, I hate to leave you hanging for so long. I'll take your mystery cigars.

PM incoming.
    Thanks, Joe! Replied to your PM... Damn it... Now I gotta find some more CAO Flavors from somewhere :(...
  • Options
    Ok then, time to play the waiting game....Who wants some mystery cigars? Anyone care to take up the challenge?
  • Options
    Well guys? Anybody want to bite here?
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I've been trying a lot of different blends lately, so I think I'd like to get in on this Mystery Stick game. Looks like it could be some serious fun, and a few extra headrushes! Jeff
  • Options
    Cool deal. PM your info to me and I'll send out a box of mystery.