Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'll be your mystery mooch there Goldy. I was trying to wait a little while since I have already played twice, but I just can't resist free cigars, lol. PM forthcoming.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Awesome! Do you have any preferences or is everything fair game?
  • Options
    I smoked mystery cigar A last night (5.5X54??) and was suprised by how fragile the wrapper was. There were about 5 cracks in the wrapper and one major blowout but amazingly it smoked fairly well. Overall the draw was loose but this could have been from the wrapper issues. Flavor was good but not strong. Cello was slightly yellow so I was thinking it had sat for some time which may have mellowed it. Had a slight buzz so I would peg it in the medium to medium ful range. I smoked it to the nub and thought it was a very enjoyable cigar and I would absolutly smoke it again.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    so what was it?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Alright, FINALLY smoked cigar C. It was dense, hickory, flavors. Nicarguan wrapper, and binder, but I think this was a dominican filled cigar. Maybe an Ortsac?

Cigar A: Punch Rare Corojo
    Cigar B: Cuba Libre
    Cigar C: Ortsac

How'd I do?

• Options
    I forgot to put down my guesses. I don't think I have ever had that before but I would guess a Punch gran puro. How far off am I?
  • Options
    Goldy, when you smoke the lot, I'll let you know :p also, it's a good idea to try guessing the wrapper and filler, then browsing around the 'net and cigar.com to see if there are any matching it.
  • Options
    Oh, I didn't know that was legal.
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Awesome! Do you have any preferences or is everything fair game?
    Pretty much anything other than Acids or CAO Flavours.
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    Oh, I didn't know that was legal.
    Noone will know... Right? :) Plus, the chance of getting it this way is still limited :)
  • Options
    So, who wants to be my mystery mooch?
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    What are the rules? Do I have to have been around here for a couple more weeks or...? I didn't see any specifics about this in the first posts, but I wanted to ask... Even though it will be like a lot of mystery for me next week lol - doing a mystery cigar with Betasynn, then getting a couple more in the mail lol...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Alright, FINALLY smoked cigar C. It was dense, hickory, flavors. Nicarguan wrapper, and binder, but I think this was a dominican filled cigar. Maybe an Ortsac?

How'd I do?

Well, if this was a test...:)

Cigar A: La Aurora Cien Años belicoso
    Cigar B: Padilla Signature 1932 churchill
    Cigar C: 5 Vegas Miami M-5
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    That's funny! :) This was the mystery cigar I gave him too lol.... He got it much better with mine though - he said Don Pepin Garcia cigar...
  • Options
    Renaissance_Man:
    alienmisprint:
    What are the rules? Do I have to have been around here for a couple more weeks or...? I didn't see any specifics about this in the first posts, but I wanted to ask... Even though it will be like a lot of mystery for me next week lol - doing a mystery cigar with Betasynn, then getting a couple more in the mail lol...
    I believe it is the same as the other games, have 25 posts and be on the good traders' list. You have the posts, and if Beta vouches for you, that's good enough for me. If you want to be my mooch, shoot me a PM with your addy and any cigars you absolutely do not like and I'll get something out to you tomorrow.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    betasynn:

How'd I do?

Well, if this was a test...:)

Cigar A: La Aurora Cien Años belicoso
    Cigar B: Padilla Signature 1932 churchill
    Holy Sh*t! No wonder that was such a good bundle, all cigars I've had before and I couldn't guess a one! These are amazing sticks, thank you so much!
  • Options
    Can you vouch for me, Beta? Ima shoot you a PM now. I already gotta send a few packages myself tomorrow - Goldy's woman is waiting for her CAO Earth Nectar ;) and gonna do a trade for some RPs!
  • Options
    You got your 25 posts, you shouldn't need anyone to vouch for you. Can someone give the man his mystery cigars already? :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    You got your 25 posts, you shouldn't need anyone to vouch for you. Can someone give the man his mystery cigars already? :)
    Technically, he needs to be on the good trader list. Me and him trade cigars in-person all the time, though, so I am more then happy to vouch for him!

Edit: Oh, and if you need a ride tomorrow, I have to mail out my Make a Wish package too.

• Options
    I don't know, the way it started on here is you had to either have 25 posts to start in on the games or have someone vouch for you, not both, though that certainly doesn't hurt.
  • Options
    Already got your package together, it will be going out tomorrow. In keeping with the current wrapper-based theme, all 3 of the mystery cigars are Habano wrappers. I'll shoot you a PM with tracking info tomorrow.
  • Options
    Sounds good! I'm excited. I have a question - Do I need to keep up with the wrapper theme? I saw some interesting Churchills (yes Churchills) today in my humi and was wondering if there is a man enough here to smoke 'em! If not - I'll be sending others, but anyway - if somebody can man up and be my mooch and smoke 3 Churchills, Ima throw in a "mystery" cigar related object in the package too! LOL - It could be anything - a pillow, a cutter, some solution, cedar block, lighter ;)... Don't get your hopes up though ;)! Could be a picture of me smoking a cigar in just my underpants...
  • Options
    So anyway... Any people interested in mooching from me? I promise an interesting bunch...
  • Options
    Over the weekend I finally had a few hours to relax so I had cigar B. B was a robusto sized cigar with a conny wrapper (I think). The cigar was more mild than A but still enjoyable. My guess would be Fonseca.
  • Options
    Got my mystery sticks yesterday! Thanks a lot, alien! The additional Casa Torano is a smoke I enjoy and you know I love the RP 1990. I have also always wanted to try the Oliva G maddy - I love the size you sent. Anyway. I will try to post my guesses asap! I will have the 3 cigars by the end of week.

Now. Anybody reconsider mooching off me? I am getting some really nice stuff in the mail this week and would be able to send some interesting mysteries... Otherwise somebody can also man up and take me on the churchills offer ;)!
  • Options
    This mystery cigar game is WAY harder than I thought it would be. C was a torp with a similar wrapper of the others but I couldn't match it to any other one in my humi. It had some wrapper issues similar to cigar A. I think it was medium bodied and my guess would be Sol Cubano Cuban Cab. Survey says???
  • Options
    A. Man o War Robusto #2
    B. Padilla Habano
    C. Micro Batch Liga S2.
  • Options
    Man o War? Really? I never would have guessed that. That was my favorite by far.
  • Options
    I am done with "A", but am waiting to finish all and post the guesses at once. It is pretty hard - damn you Alien! ;)

Since Goldy is done with the guesses and there is not much development I think its about damn time somebody decides to be my mooch! I just got a bunch of nice cigars and am looking to "test" them on an unsuspecting victim...
  • Options
    Did you like A though? It is one of my favorites, could smoke them damn near every day.