Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Sweet! Thanks Joe, I'll get em in the mail tomorrow!

Edit: Just got em packaged up. It'll be Maduro Madness!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Looks like I'm in trouble....my cigar taster isn't well tuned for maduros. Went 2/3 last time, this time....0/3 I bet. :D

So, who'd like to do some mystery mooching off of me? I'm all out of Grape Swishers, so I'll have to go to the 7-11 and pick out a new stock, might even get one of those fancy tube cigars that has the end already punched. So...any takers?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Soon you'll be sending loose cigarettes. FLAVORED cigarettes, at that.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Soon you'll be sending loose cigarettes. FLAVORED cigarettes, at that.
    I'd never....you know, maybe....
  • Options
    Sticks on the move Joe, you oughta have em monday.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Sticks on the move Joe, you oughta have em monday.
    Got 'em. I'll get to reviewing pretty soon here. Probably start tonight. Thanks Vinny.

Oh yeah, guys, I'm still waiting on a mooch. What, did I scare you off with the talk about Swishers? I don't really send those...more of a While Owl man. :D
  • Options
    I think Cigar A is a 5 Vegas Limitada '08.

edit 7/14: I think Cigar B is an Oliva Serie O maduro.

edit 7/15: I think Cigar C is a Camacho Triple Maduro.
  • Options
    OK, all guesses are in...what say you Vinny?

Still looking for a mooch guys.
  • Options
    I am trying not to over-play, but if nobody else steps up, I'd be happy to do it. Wait and see if somebody else wants a chance though.
  • Options
    You got one of em!!
    A: CAO Brazillia
    B: Gurkha Doble Maduro
    C: Camacho Triple Maduro

Nice job man.
  • Options
    Yeah, I wasn't confident at all about cigar B, I just threw a guess out there. Now I know why I put down cigar A after an inch...I don't like the Braziillia...again, I wasn't too confident about that guess either. Like I said, maduros aren't my specialty, and the only reason I got cigar C right was due to the figurado shape, once I had an idea the flavor fell right in line. Thanks for the cigars Vinny.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    I am trying not to over-play, but if nobody else steps up, I'd be happy to do it. Wait and see if somebody else wants a chance though.
    Well, nobody has shown any interest, so you wanna be my mooch? Or anyone? ...?
  • Options
    I'd love to mooch off you again, I'll send my new addy.
  • Options
    Cool deal.

Since Vinny sent me a maduro madness pack, I'm going to carry on the wrapper oriented mystery cigars. Get ready for some Corojo Craziness!!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Cool deal.

Since Vinny sent me a maduro madness pack, I'm going to carry on the wrapper oriented mystery cigars. Get ready for some Corojo Craziness!!
    SICK! I've been meaning to try some Corojo cigars, since I've been growing a fondness for them; now, I guess I can ask who my mooch will be!
  • Options
    C'mon, who wants to be my mystery cigar mooch? Great way to test your cigar tasting skills, and get a couple of good, unjaded smokes.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Woo Hoo, finally got 25 posts and a trade under my belt so I want to celebrate by becoming a mystery mootch!
  • Options
    Got your PM Goldy, any particular tastes you like/dislike?
  • Options
    I lean Medium to full but I am open to trying pretty much anything.
  • Options
    Who wants to be my mystery mooch?
  • Options
    Goldy; got my mystery sticks for ya, and a few extras. Going out tomorrow, if it stops raining.
  • Options
    Hey Betasynn if the sticks have not gone out yet could you send them to a different address? I have pmed it to you. No worries if its too late.
  • Options
    You got me in time, gotta delay the shipping to tomorrow though.
  • Options
    Alright, I'll edit this post as I smoke 'em, when all three are posted, let me know how I did :)

Cigar A: Alright, I'd have to say it's a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper, with a honduran filler and maybe a connecticut binder or something. Only cigar I can think of, that I've never had before, is a Punch Rare Corojo. I've never had this particular cigar before, I can say it with almost certainty. It was a great smoke, with a nice starting punch of spice, with some sweetness on the finish that turned into a maybe honey or vanilla flavor down the line. It smelled sort of strange, like pipe tobacco, very sweet, but I loved this cigar.

• Options
    Anyone interested in some mystery sticks? How about you sir, you in the back, yes you.
  • Options
    How are you doin' on those mystery cigars Beta? I'm just dying to see what you think the last two are.
  • Options
    I got the cigars in and am letting them sit for a few days but will start with A sometime this week. Thanks for the extras, that was really above and beyond the call of duty. I am super excited to try the Vegas A.
  • Options
    Hey guys, I was on vacation, ended today so I'll smoke B and C tonight.
  • Options
    Alright, had Cigar B. I think this was a nicaraguan puro, maybe a Cuba Libre. I haven't had it before, as I rarely smoke anything that length; it was damn good, with the opening spice and a great, underlying sweetness.
  • Options
    Boy its hard to give away free cigars. I will be leaving my house for 3 months on Sunday for work so if someone could step up to the plate before then it would help.