LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Ok so who wants to put my mystery stick in their mouth?
    Hey Maddy..
    When you put it that way, do you expect these guys to line up to accept the offer ?? Yikes !

We are at 13 hours - people seem to blowing Maddy off
    Hey, he was looking to get blown...
    A man has to try right? Damn shame we don't have any ladies on this board...
    Well, we did...but Urbs and Duty have been gone for some time now.
    OUCH!
    I know, I know...not very cool of me to pick on them in absentia...I was hoping to pick a fight to lure one or the both of them out of retirement.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Ok so who wants to put my mystery stick in their mouth?
    Hey Maddy..
    When you put it that way, do you expect these guys to line up to accept the offer ?? Yikes !

We are at 13 hours - people seem to blowing Maddy off
    Hey, he was looking to get blown...
    A man has to try right? Damn shame we don't have any ladies on this board...
    Well, we did...but Urbs and Duty have been gone for some time now.
    OUCH!
    I know, I know...not very cool of me to pick on them in absentia...I was hoping to pick a fight to lure one or the both of them out of retirement.
    I know right.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Hey maddy the sticks are on the way cnfirmation number is 0306 1070 0004 6985 5309. Thanks for your patience bro.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    So, anyone interested in doing some mystery moochin' offa me?
  • Options
    robert69165:
    Hey maddy the sticks are on the way cnfirmation number is 0306 1070 0004 6985 5309. Thanks for your patience bro.
    No problem brother. Looking forward to this game.
  • Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
    So I got my mystery stick yesterday. None of them smelled like a stripper so I figure no Acid's were snuck into the package, so I let them rest overnight in the humi and grabbed one for the drive home tonight.

They are not lettered in any way but all three are distinctive enough to tell the difference. One is an obvious Conneticut wrapper Toro, at first I was thinking ESV but the ring gauge is a touch too small to be a Perdomo(though thats a good thing IMO). Based on looks, feel and smell if I was forced to guess I'd say its a Cusano 18 Connie or an Avo.

The second is a Colorado wrapper which could be any number of things. Its also a very traditional robusto, guessing off looks, feel and smell is damn near impossible.

The third is a slightly Box Pressed Corona Maduro. Based on looks, feel and smell its a Padron 26 or 64. Although the Box Pressing at the foot seem a little more than on the Pardons. This is the one I brought with me for the ride home.
  • Options
    Got mine in today, but I developed a bit of a cold this morning. Hopefully it is a 24 hour bug, if so I will get started on them tomorrow.

Now that I've got your attention, I'll ask again. Who wants some free mystery cigars?
  • Options
    Smoked the Box Pressed Corona this afternoon. For the whole first half of the cigar I was going, I know this cigar, I know this cigar. I instantly new it wasn't a Padron but I knew I had smoked it before. I was sitting on the back deck started to get frustrated and then it hit me. Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve. I'm positive thats what it is.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Robert, ya cooking on those mystery sticks yet? I'm anxious to see what you think.
  • Options
    Smoked the first of my mystery sticks from Maddy, a robusto-sized maduro, cigar "A". It had a great burn and perfect draw, overall very nice construction and quality. The taste was slightly sweet, with a little pepper through the nose and a faint coffee flavor. It was a very enjoyable smoke, not sure if I have had it before but I would definately like to have it again. To venture a guess, I would say it might be a La Perla Habana Black Pearl.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I'd like to get in on this at some point. Keep me in mind if someone needs a mooch in the future.
  • Options
    Just finished the second of my mystery sticks, cigar "C", from Maddy. This one was another great stick with excellent construction, burn, and draw. It reminded me of an Oliva O natural, but with less pepper and a little sweeter. Not sure what to guess it was, but I do think I have had it before. Maybe an Oliva G cameroon?
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    i'd enjoy getting in on these games. just have to get my rep up a little! dont want people thinking im just here to scam free cigars..maybe if i bombed or mysteried someone first itd work out!
  • Options
    Just finished my last mystery stick, cigar "B" from Maddy. This one was a natural wrapper (EcSu maybe?) in a toro size. Just like the other two, it had excellent construction, burn, and draw, and just like the other two, it was an awesome smoke. One of my favorite cigars is the ITC 10th Anniversary, and as I was smoking this one, I kept going back and forth trying to decide if that is what it was or not. I'm somewhat confident it wasn't but not 100%. I do need to know what this one was though, because I want more of it if it wasn't an ITC 10th Anniversary.

So, summing it up, my guesses are:

Cigar A - La Perla Habana Black Pearl
    Cigar B - Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, possibly the ITC 10th Anniversary, but I don't think it is
    Cigar C - Oliva G Cameroon

How'd I do Maddy?
  • Options
    Oh, and to cholmes8310 and thizzcore, I am still looking for a mooch, but to stay with the general rules of the board, you need to have 25 posts and to be on the good trader list in order to play. As far as getting on the good trader list, if no one else has a problem with it, I don't mind sending either of you the mystery cigars. As for the 25 posts, just hang around, read, and reply to a few of the threads. It really won't take that long, and my offer has been up for over a week now with no bites, so it will probably still be up when either of you reach the 25 post minimum.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Oh, and to cholmes8310 and thizzcore, I am still looking for a mooch, but to stay with the general rules of the board, you need to have 25 posts and to be on the good trader list in order to play. As far as getting on the good trader list, if no one else has a problem with it, I don't mind sending either of you the mystery cigars. As for the 25 posts, just hang around, read, and reply to a few of the threads. It really won't take that long, and my offer has been up for over a week now with no bites, so it will probably still be up when either of you reach the 25 post minimum.

Yeah, rules is rules. No problems there. I didn't see that part before posting. No biggie.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished my last mystery stick, cigar "B" from Maddy. This one was a natural wrapper (EcSu maybe?) in a toro size. Just like the other two, it had excellent construction, burn, and draw, and just like the other two, it was an awesome smoke. One of my favorite cigars is the ITC 10th Anniversary, and as I was smoking this one, I kept going back and forth trying to decide if that is what it was or not. I'm somewhat confident it wasn't but not 100%. I do need to know what this one was though, because I want more of it if it wasn't an ITC 10th Anniversary.

So, summing it up, my guesses are:

Cigar A - La Perla Habana Black Pearl
    Cigar B - Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, possibly the ITC 10th Anniversary, but I don't think it is
    Cigar C - Oliva G Cameroon

How'd I do Maddy?
    Not too shabby Alien.

A - CAO Gold Maduro
    B - La Vieja Habana Cameroon
    C - Oliva V
  • Options
    Damn, I've had the LVH Cameroon before too, but the one I had previously was nowhere near that good. I had a robusto, and it didn't have any age on it really, maybe that is why? I am going to have to give them another look, a very serious look. The Oliva V I should've known, but I have only had one of those before. And I've never had the CAO Gold Maduro, so no shock there. Thanks again for the sticks man, it was a blast.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    alienmisprint:
    Damn, I've had the LVH Cameroon before too, but the one I had previously was nowhere near that good. I had a robusto, and it didn't have any age on it really, maybe that is why? I am going to have to give them another look, a very serious look. The Oliva V I should've known, but I have only had one of those before. And I've never had the CAO Gold Maduro, so no shock there. Thanks again for the sticks man, it was a blast.
    Hey Alien... how'd you like that Oliva V? They are awesome sticks. I like them in the double toro's 6 X 60.
  • Options
    I liked it, but I do prefer the O natural and the G maduro to it. I've had one before, but that was also a robusto.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Yeah the "G" in the Maduro's have become a regular stick in my humi, they are very nice. I just love the Series V in the Double Toro. They were such a HUGE cigar and the flavors from the halfway point down to the very short nub are just fantastic. Oliva is quickly becoming a favorite brand of mine. Can't say I have tried any Oliva that I didn't like yet.
  • Options
    Same here for the most part. I just tried them too, got a couple of samplers maybe a month ago, but so far I've tried both varients of the O and the G, the Connecticut Reserve, the V, the MB3, and all four varients of the Nub line. The only ones I didn't care for are the Nubs (other than the Maduro).
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I can vouch for CHolmes and he now has over 25 posts.
    Of course he sits next to me at work so if he goes AWOL on anyone I can just whack him over the head with my laptop to straighten him out!
    I have traded with him & split boxes etc.
    It easier when you sit next to someone = see laptop over the head rule!
  • Options

Fourtotheflush:
    I can vouch for CHolmes and he now has over 25 posts.
    Of course he sits next to me at work so if he goes AWOL on anyone I can just whack him over the head with my laptop to straighten him out!
    I have traded with him & split boxes etc.
    It easier when you sit next to someone = see laptop over the head rule!

He's a big talker.  I'm bigger than he is... however, he does kind of control my future here, so I guess I should keep my mouth shut! haha

• Options
    Sounds good to me, shoot me your addy cholmes and I'll get some sticks out to you!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Sounds good to me, shoot me your addy cholmes and I'll get some sticks out to you!

You've got mail.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Alien, If you want to save a penny or two you can combine Cholmes and my movie shipment into 1 box. We can dissect them when they arrive. Just mark whats for who, we work together.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Alien,
    If you want to save a penny or two you can combine Cholmes and my movie shipment into 1 box.
    We can dissect them when they arrive. Just mark whats for who, we work together.

Mine are "mystery" sticks, meaning unbanded. So it ought to be pretty easy to figure out! haha...

Edit: Alien, this is a good idea, if it doesn't matter to you. We literally sit in cubes right across from each other.
  • Options
    Fine with me. I already sent both of you PMs, lol, but I can just ship to one address. I will put them in two different bags and mark the bags, but like Chase said, his bag will have three unbanded sticks in it. Just gotta make sure I don't send any regular versions of the mystery sticks to Neil, lol.