Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Wow.... Handle with care - guess it wasn't...

I Like your enthusiasm! Was "A" the robusto?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yep.

It seemed to be handled ok, the Humicare packs just blow up sometimes, several guys have had it happen. I don't even ship with them anymore because of that.

I should have my guesses up by tomorrow, I might smoke cigar "C" tonight.
    robert69165:
    hey joz3r I'll mystery mooch off ya PM sent.
    Hey Robert, is there any particular strength level you prefer?
    Dang, three posts in a row...I'm on a roll here.

OK, I've got my picks for the mystery cigars from Tumbler. First a brief synopsis of each, then my three picks.

Cigar A: This is a milk chocolate colored robusto, medium veining with no tooth and a neatly applied triple cap, I'm thinking the wrapper is an Ecuadorian Sumatra based on appearance and taste. It has a good draw, firm but full and easy. The flavors present are pepper, leather and a toastiness, medium-full in strength. I get the AJ Fernandez vibe from this one.

Cigar B: This one is a fat torpedo, looks to be a 54-56 ring gauge. A darker brown, slightly more than milk chocolate but not maduro dark. The draw is very tight, requires two additional cuts to get a reasonable pull. Fairly bland in flavor, though it presents some toasty bread flavors, a harsh pepper, and some clingy leather. Full bodied with more of a gut feel. I'm basing my guess on appearance and not flavor, because if it is what I think it is, then it doesn't taste at all like it.

Cigar C: This one is a toro but skinnier than most, looks about a 48 ring gauge. Wrapper is milk chocolate brown with moderate veining, foot is unfinished and the cap is finished in a pigtail. Construction is good, though this cigar is a bit spongy, well made nonetheless with a slightly firm, yet easy draw. Flavor represents as some earthy leather with moderate notes of pepper, medium-full in strength. I had my suspicions of what this was from looking at it, pretty much confirmed with the first few puffs. Very good cigar too.

The Guesses:
    Cigar A: La Herencia Cubana
    Cigar B: Oliva Serie V
    Cigar C: Camacho Pre-Embargo.

Thank you Tumbler for the cigars, this was fun.
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    hey Joe, I like medium strength cigars. But anything you send will be good! Thanks bro!
    Joseph - I did look at past posts to gauge what you were smoking and your palate preference. I was trying to give you something you were familiar with and see if "not knowing" affected your taste. It does appear sight was still instrumental here... I thought sure you would have problems with C if you had not smoked one yet, (that's pretty obvious) but no problem there. They have a pretty unique flavor that I really like. I love all three of these cigars actually... :)

Cigar A: Padilla '32
    Cigar B: Oliva series V figurado
    Cigar C: Camacho '62 Pre-embargo

Helluva Job! Thanks for playing
    Now who wants to be my mystery mooch?
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    robert69165:
    Now who wants to be my mystery mooch?
    Me, me pick me!
    Tumbler:
    Joseph - I did look at past posts to gauge what you were smoking and your palate preference. I was trying to give you something you were familiar with and see if "not knowing" affected your taste. It does appear sight was still instrumental here... I thought sure you would have problems with C if you had not smoked one yet, (that's pretty obvious) but no problem there. They have a pretty unique flavor that I really like. I love all three of these cigars actually... :)

Cigar A: Padilla '32
    Cigar B: Oliva series V figurado
    Cigar C: Camacho '62 Pre-embargo

Helluva Job! Thanks for playing
    Wow...Padilla '32 eh? I would have sworn it was a La Herencia. Great cigar though all the way. Thanks again for the cigars, this was a fun experiment in taste testing.

Robert, the sticks I will have on the way to you are in the medium to medium-full range...nothing that will make you turn green.
    Madurofan-Landon, you are my mystery moocher! Pm me your info bro And I'll get those right out to you!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dammmmn Joe, you must have photographic taste buds... Nice job..
    I let B and C sit a little while due to the fact I think they picked up a little moisture. I smoked B last night. It was a dark maduro shaped torpedo. I noticed how heavy it felt in the hand. The first half was medium to heavy bodied in flavor and I captured a little pepper as it exited my nasal cavity. The last third it eased up a little in the draw and got a little richer. the construction was good and needed no touch ups..

I will say mystery stick B is Padilla Obsidian

Mystery stick C is a pyramid shaped cigar that starts at a point and increases in diameter to about a 60 gauge cigar. it has a dark maduro looking wrapper with a lot of sheen. The draw is about perfect till the last 4th where it becomes a little more difficult. It went out a few times and I had to re-light. I noticed a cedar aroma on one particular re-light. It started off with some leather and a little spice. I really enjoyed the first third. It then became very creamy - almost too much so. and the last third, before the inch and half mark, it got a little lost with the flavor. The last inch and half it came into it's own again and became a little cedary and again a touch of spice. I have never smoked this cigar but considering the shape and the flavor of a brand

i will guess mystery stick C is a Partagas S

On a side note Bryan sent me some more sticks today including a MB 3. What a BOTL. We have some really quality guys heres.. Thanks so ever much Bryan!
    Ok so who wants to put my mystery stick in their mouth?
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Tumbler:
    I let B and C sit a little while due to the fact I think they picked up a little moisture. I smoked B last night. It was a dark maduro shaped torpedo. I noticed how heavy it felt in the hand. The first half was medium to heavy bodied in flavor and I captured a little pepper as it exited my nasal cavity. The last third it eased up a little in the draw and got a little richer. the construction was good and needed no touch ups..

I will say mystery stick B is Padilla Obsidian

Mystery stick C is a pyramid shaped cigar that starts at a point and increases in diameter to about a 60 gauge cigar. it has a dark maduro looking wrapper with a lot of sheen. The draw is about perfect till the last 4th where it becomes a little more difficult. It went out a few times and I had to re-light. I noticed a cedar aroma on one particular re-light. It started off with some leather and a little spice. I really enjoyed the first third. It then became very creamy - almost too much so. and the last third, before the inch and half mark, it got a little lost with the flavor. The last inch and half it came into it's own again and became a little cedary and again a touch of spice. I have never smoked this cigar but considering the shape and the flavor of a brand

i will guess mystery stick C is a Partagas S

On a side note Bryan sent me some more sticks today including a MB 3. What a BOTL. We have some really quality guys heres.. Thanks so ever much Bryan!
    Mystery stick B was a CAO Brazilia.
    Mystery stick C was a Partagas Black
    Very good guesses!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Hey Maddy..
    When you put it that way, do you expect these guys to line up to accept the offer ?? Yikes !
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Hey Maddy..
    When you put it that way, do you expect these guys to line up to accept the offer ?? Yikes !

We are at 13 hours - people seem to blowing Maddy off
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Hey Maddy..

LMAO. OK OK, I'll rephrase it. I had to have a little fun with it, if Duty and Urbs were still around that one line would have spawned many threads and probably a signature line or two.
    Who wants to be my Mystery Stick mooch?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Hey Maddy..

Hey, he was looking to get blown...
    kaspera79:
    Dammmmn Joe, you must have photographic taste buds... Nice job..
    Fo real, Joe's like a cigar savant.
    Luko:
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Hey Maddy..

A man has to try right? Damn shame we don't have any ladies on this board...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Its been a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll be the first repeat player here. I'll be your mystery mooch Maddy, but there will be no blowing. Of anything. Well, except smoke. Yeah, but ONLY smoke.
    Aliens never do any blowing...or any real receiving acts, they just poke and prod. Total pitchers, never catchers.
    You are correct, sir. The small mouths won't allow for anything else.
    alienmisprint:
    Its been a couple of weeks, so I guess I'll be the first repeat player here. I'll be your mystery mooch Maddy, but there will be no blowing. Of anything. Well, except smoke. Yeah, but ONLY smoke.
    Sweet, shoot me your addy. I'll be by for my blow later next month, I won't tell anyone ... umm I mean I'll get your package out to you. Watermelon, grape or strawberry?
    madurofan:
    alienmisprint:
    Sweet, shoot me your addy. I'll be by for my blow later next month, I won't tell anyone ... umm I mean I'll get your package out to you. Watermelon, grape or strawberry?
    I was thinking something more tropical, like mango or maybe citrus blast? That is if you don't mind splurging.
    alienmisprint:
    madurofan:
    alienmisprint:
    I was thinking something more tropical, like mango or maybe citrus blast? That is if you don't mind splurging.
    I'll see what 7-11 has. You think you're good enough to tell between the mango and citrus blast?
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Hey Maddy..

Well, we did...but Urbs and Duty have been gone for some time now.
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    Tumbler:
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Hey Maddy..

Well, we did...but Urbs and Duty have been gone for some time now.
    OUCH!
    madurofan:
    alienmisprint:
    madurofan:
    alienmisprint:
    I'll see what 7-11 has. You think you're good enough to tell between the mango and citrus blast?
    Well, I can differentiate between the strawberries and cream and peaches and cream, so I figure I should be good with the mango/citrus determination.