Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Interesting guesses, all we're waiting for now is that skinny little B Stick.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Almost finished with mystery stick "B". This one produces a ton of smoke and the draw is perfect for me. It has plenty of pepper and spice, but so much that it is overpowering. There has been a nice leather undertone throughout with some woodsy notes popping up here and there. About halfway in, it developed a much more creamy texture without losing any of its flavor. Very good stick, another one I wouldn't mind having another of. It has been a while since I have had one, so it might not be, but I am gonna guess this is a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II.

So to sum it all up, my guesses are:

Cigar A: 5 Vegas Limitada '08/'07
    Cigar B: 5 Vegas Cask Strength II
    Cigar C: Rocky Patel, mostly Nicaraguan tobacco
  • Options
    alright, very interesting guesses.

Cigar A: Man O' War
    Cigar B: Rocky Patel Decade
    Cigar C: Padilla '68

Not a bad selection of guesses!

• Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Got my mystery package from Robert today! I'll let em rest through the weekend and get to them next week and post my results.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I checked thre tracking number and my cigars are at home from Mr Smith.... It's been raining all day - I will let them set for a bit before I imbibe... Thanks Br...

Wish I was home to take a peek...
  • Options
    betasynn:

The Padilla '68 makes sense, I love that cigar. I am a little embarassed about the Decade, they are one of my favorite smokes. And I gotta say I am pretty suprised with the Man O' War, for as much as I hear about how great they are, it really didn't impress me at all. There just wasn't much flavor at all.
  • Options
    Yeah, the MoW surprised me. I might have one tonight, though I do have a 5 Vegas Relic set up. We shall see.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    betasynn:

The Padilla '68 makes sense, I love that cigar. I am a little embarassed about the Decade, they are one of my favorite smokes. And I gotta say I am pretty suprised with the Man O' War, for as much as I hear about how great they are, it really didn't impress me at all. There just wasn't much flavor at all.
    The MoW needs some rest time to achieve its potential. Numerous people have said how unimpressive it is fresh, but after letting mine rest for several months, it turned out to be quite impressive. My opinion of course, so take it with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    Despite my best intentions to let my sticks from Robert rest over the weekend, I couldn't resist and am just now finishing Mystery stick "C". Beautiful, natural wrapper, maybe Sumatra? 5x50 size, perfect draw and lots of smoke. Medium body, fairly short to medium finish with a little pepper and maybe some cedar, toasty flavor. I would guess Dominican, maybe some Nicaraguan but not a puro. Maybe Aurora 1495 or a RP Renaissance?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    betasynn:

The MoW needs some rest time to achieve its potential. Numerous people have said how unimpressive it is fresh, but after letting mine rest for several months, it turned out to be quite impressive. My opinion of course, so take it with a grain of salt.
    I'll have to do that. I got a box of them (the ten count box of the big perfectos) basically on just what I had heard about them, haven't even tried em yet. I will definately let them sit for a while.
  • Options
    Good day for smoking here, so I also got to Mystery Stick "B" today. Connecticut shade torpedo, reminded me of a 5 Vegas, but was a little stronger than a Gold. Not sure what else it might be unless it just needed some more rest time. Good flavor, but didn't change much and didn't have any discernible flavors that I could pick out (I'm bad at that anyway). I guess I'll have to guess 5 Vegas or something I'm completely unfamiliar with. Good smoke, though.
  • Options
    Mystery stick "A". Not what I expected at all. Pre-light smell made me think it might be pretty strong, but it was mild throughout. Great looking maduro wrapper, pretty sweet; maybe a little cocoa flavor. I can't guess the brand as it's milder than any maduro I've had in a very long time. I don't think it was a Mac, but it was about the strength I would expect from one. Good construction, couple of minor touchups but nothing major. Can't wait to find out exactly what all three were.
  • Options
    I am trying mystery stick A with a cup of java in the morning light. I'm off on Mondays and it seems like this would be a good time to evaluate this stick.

It has a faint barnyard - bailed hay kind of smell. Maduro wrapper, but not real smooth. Looks like it's a corrugated (non-slip) kind of surface. There are very small little bumps all over this wrapper. I dont know if this is indicative of anything - I don't examine wrappers like I probably should. Anywho, I had trouble lighting this stick. I am having a little trouble getting this going. It was delivered Friday and it rained all day. I didn't get home until around 7pm to retrieve them. Bryan had them in a zip-lock bag - I do not know if cigars were protected from the elements. May not have been a sealed bag or perhaps a perforation in the bag.

The first two thirds have been non-eventful. I have no hint of pepper or leather - just having some trouble keeping it going. I am forced to draw more to keep it lit, hence kicking up some bitterness. I am inclined to think this picked up some moisture - hence ruining the stick.

The last third it has settled down. It's producing quite a volume of smoke easily. I can get a hint of pepper nasally but besides copious amounts of smoke now - I detect little flavor. I am reaching to describe anything.

I am sorry Bryan - I think the rain may have tainted this experiment. I was surprised upon finishing this stick that I could feel the nicotine. I am going to reach and say this was a tainted Rocky Patel Edge. I did get whiffs of Honduran... What was this stick?
  • Options
    Tumbler,
    Rain must have hurt it some. It was a RP Edge Maduro that I've had resting for about 3 months. Hopefully the others fared a little better. May have to give em a couple extra days, I don't know.
  • Options
    I just finished the cigar and went back edited and made that guess... Although none would believe... I will let the others rest...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    GOOD gUESS tUMBLER
  • Options
    All games have to end, but I don't want it to end with me... :) Anyone want to keep this going? Gene? I would be happy to send some sticks...
  • Options
    I'll take you up on the mooch tumblin man. Shoot ya a pm with mailing info right quick.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    You had some pretty good guesses Bryan, here's the answer to the mystery sticks, Cigar A: Indian Tabac Cigar Co. Maduro, Cigar B: Gurkah Park Ave. and Cigar C was an Alec Bradley Overture. Thanks for playing!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'll take you up on the mooch tumblin man. Shoot ya a pm with mailing info right quick.

Marvelous! So I loaded up the truck and shipped to Beverly... Hills that is...

I will try to get those out tomorrow Joe. Slow slipping from Chicago to California - I will make it worthwhile... Glad you came aboard...
  • Options
    Cool beans, thanks for that. I can't wait to get them.

So who wants some mystery cigars?
  • Options
    I haven't forgot you Brian and am still letting mine sit... perhaps I will uncork one tomorrow...
  • Options
    Hopefully the next two will fare better than the first. Let em sit as long as you want to...I'd rather you have good smokes than hurrying through only to be disappointed.
  • Options
    Yep your right...

Joe yours are in the mail - should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday...
  • Options
    hey joz3r I'll mystery mooch off ya PM sent.
  • Options
    Great Robert, I'll get something in the mail Tuesday. Think you can guess 'em?
  • Options
    Got my pack today Tumbler, thanks. I'll try and get some reviews and guesses posted soon. I'll post them all at once so you don't have to sift through different posts.
  • Options
    who wants to be my mystery mooch?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Got my pack today Tumbler, thanks. I'll try and get some reviews and guesses posted soon. I'll post them all at once so you don't have to sift through different posts.

I hope they arrived in good shape. I sent you a couple of others to smoke first - a test strip so to speak - It was a long hot ride to your house...

- You can post as you smoke - Whatever works for you...
  • Options
    They all arrived in good shape, though the humi pack did burst on me...luckily they were all in cello so the cigars were not affected. I think I know what cigar "A" is already...I'll be going through one, if not both, of the others today.