Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    phobicsquirrel:
    I don't see anyone reviewing anything... slackers.
    I'll edit my answer post with reviews to make you happy ;) I'll do it tonight when I have more time.

CK
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Alright, smoked mystery cigar B. fantastic smoke, reminded me a ton of the A. Fernandez Signature series, especially off the bat. It was a delicious smoke, kicking off with a strong pepper/leather flavor. For the light appearance and smooth pre-draw, it was a powerhouse! Second third gave me lots of peat, cream, almost like a steak flavor. Then it goes to a lot of peat, and all the time that pepper flavor came in. The last third had a ton of leather in it as well, really class smoke, I'm so excited to know what it was. Thanks a ton, last one tomorrow.
    Alright, another update before I run outside to smoke cigar C; UPS store, for whatever reason, closed early today; so I had to unpack the box, take the cigars out, rehumi them. Obnoxious. I'll try to slip out of work tomorrow to send them on their way. VERY big apologies for holding up our game. -Joe
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    No worries, it'll get here when it gets here. On that note, who wants some mystery sticks from me?
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Hey Tony, I'll be your mystery mooch! You have a PM
    Cool deal, I will have them out to you tomorrow.
    Alrighty, mystery stick C had great construction, had a pre-light draw of spicey goodness and earth. I was really excited about this cigar, and the first couple of pulls really hit me nice and hard, the way I like it (that's what she said, etc.) with some really peppery flavor. It started to fade back into a cedar taste, and after it ashed itself in a rather strange way (held on for two inches or so, and then the ash fluttered away into little specks) the flavor became all tobacco with little spice or cedar. I nuance of cream crept in for a bit, maybe a pull or two, but then it started to get very harsh very quickly. Honduran wrapper, maybe.
    Cool. Ya got any guesses on brands?

CK
    A. I can't even hazard a guess, since I usually don't smoke cigars like this;

B. I would go ahead and guess A. Fernandez Signature or similar...

C. I also wouldn't really know where to go with it; still sort of a noob.

betasynn:
    A. I can't even hazard a guess, since I usually don't smoke cigars like this;

B. I would go ahead and guess A. Fernandez Signature or similar...

C. I also wouldn't really know where to go with it; still sort of a noob.

Aight.

Cigar A was an Ashton Classic.
    Cigar B was a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic (kinda interesting since the second cigar Jet sent me was a Cuban Classic.)
    Cigar C was an REO.

CK
    C is very interesting, since I love Rocky Patel's stuff, and I loved the Vibe. I have a few REOs in my humidor, I'll try another and see if it was just a strange stick.

I can now see why people LOVE the DPG, I'm going to pick up a whole slew of these if I can, fantastic smokes.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I love this game! Turning people on to new smokes and relying on just taste. :)
    Its nice to see this game picking up.

CK
    so, whos gonna be my mystery mooch?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Bump. Come on guys, keep this one alive! I wanna play when i get back from the ship!
    bumpity bump
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I'll mystery mooch off ya! PM coming.
    Okay, so now who wants to be my Mystery Mooch?
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I, am a mystery set let me be your mystery pooch mooch who llikes strong cigars...

pm'd you the informatiom
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tumbler:
    I, am a mystery set let me be your mystery pooch mooch who llikes strong cigars...

pm'd you the informatiom
    Dang word games. :)
    Just got the mystery sticks in from Beta, I'm gonna let 'em sit for a couple of days, will get on them Friday.
    Hey bro, I sent your mystery pkg out today (wed, 13th). running a little behind. I sent it confirmation but I lost the tag, sorry bro, but it is on the way. Thanks for your patience! Robert
    ok I had a chance to smoke the mystery smokes that alienmisprint sent to me. This was tough but here goes... Cigar A: Natural wrapper, hint of earth to the endcap , good draw with no burn issues, flavor quickly changes to bold and spicy with hearty smoke, no burn issues, flavor changes to a robust medium flavor halfway through, towards the end flavor is spicy with a hint of leather. I would have to say that this cigar is a "Punch". Cigar B: Natural wrapper with sweet, earthy endcap. First draw easy going. I would guess this to be a mild cigar. No burn issues at this point. Halfway through flavor is earthy with a taste of leather. At this point i would say the cigar was a "CAO". Flavor remains leathery to the end with no burn issues. Cigar C: Maduro wrapper with a sweet endcap. First draw is a little tough but the flavor is creamy and somewhat sweet, a corrective light is given at this point (most likely for the 4-5 mph wind at the time). Light smoke, white ash, cool even burn for the duration of the smoke with a creamy sweet flavor, I would guess that this cigar is a 5 Vegas. This was fun but tough hope I guessed correctly. Btw I want to thank alienmisprint for the Bonus sticks that were sent, thanks bro can't wait to smoke them!
    I don't know what the hell I was saying... :)
    robert69165:
    Hey bro, I sent your mystery pkg out today (wed, 13th). running a little behind. I sent it confirmation but I lost the tag, sorry bro, but it is on the way. Thanks for your patience! Robert
    No problem, it's all good here.

Tumbler, yours went out today as well, so they should be there soon. I'll PM the # to you. I went with a full flavored assortment as requested. Enjoy, and don't forget to post your impressions.
    robert69165:
    ok I had a chance to smoke the mystery smokes that alienmisprint sent to me. This was tough but here goes... Cigar A: Natural wrapper, hint of earth to the endcap , good draw with no burn issues, flavor quickly changes to bold and spicy with hearty smoke, no burn issues, flavor changes to a robust medium flavor halfway through, towards the end flavor is spicy with a hint of leather. I would have to say that this cigar is a "Punch". Cigar B: Natural wrapper with sweet, earthy endcap. First draw easy going. I would guess this to be a mild cigar. No burn issues at this point. Halfway through flavor is earthy with a taste of leather. At this point i would say the cigar was a "CAO". Flavor remains leathery to the end with no burn issues. Cigar C: Maduro wrapper with a sweet endcap. First draw is a little tough but the flavor is creamy and somewhat sweet, a corrective light is given at this point (most likely for the 4-5 mph wind at the time). Light smoke, white ash, cool even burn for the duration of the smoke with a creamy sweet flavor, I would guess that this cigar is a 5 Vegas. This was fun but tough hope I guessed correctly. Btw I want to thank alienmisprint for the Bonus sticks that were sent, thanks bro can't wait to smoke them!
    Cigar A - Gurkha Sherpa

Cigar B - Verdadero Organic, I definately get the sweetness you mentioned, not so much of the leather though

Cigar C - 5 Vegas Limitada '08, good guess, you nailed it
    Whoa Bro you sent me a Vegas limitada, Wow, I have always wanted to try this one. I wish now I would've savored it a little more. Thanks for the great smokes!
    Mr Smith has mine coming... Who's stepping up for the mystery mooch grab bag?
    Okay, I am just finishing my mystery cigar "C" from Beta. Here's what I get from it:

Excellent pre-light draw, tastes of earth and coffee. Right out of the gate there is an excellent toastiness with just a little pepper on the backside. It maintains a pretty consistent flavor profile throughout, but gets a little more creamy as it progresses. There are also hints of sweetness that pop up every now and then. All in all, it is a very enjoyable medium/medium-full smoke.

I am guessing that at least the wrapper (possibly the entire cigar) is Nicaraguan tobacco. And I'm not 100% sure of the maker, but if I had to wager, I'd say it was one of Rocky Patel's blends. Whatever it is, I want another one, lol.
    Just finished mystery stick "A" from Beta. This one was a little on the bland side, but I did get some pepper and a little leather. It reminded me of a watered down 5 Vegas Limitada '08. Maybe that's what it and just a bad stick, or maybe it was an '07? I don't know what else it would be.