Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    nudie:
    lilwing88:
    It was an Oliva G Camaroon Box-pressed Robusto.
    ... a poor review on a stick i was gonna buy a few of... a never(now rarely) turn down a cammy... this helped me avoid this stick .. i may look for a single for cheap to try on my own.... thanks for the review
    They are relatively inexpensive sticks. I'd try one out, you may like it. I love the maduro Serie Gs.
    I really enjoy the G in Maduro, but not so much in Cameroon. And the O is the exact opposite, I enjoy the natural wrapper, but not so much on the Maduro version.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I rather liked this opportunity to continue the brand-unbiased reviews, so I decided to do the same with Mystery Cigar B. For those of you who read my last review: Please take my reviews with a solid grain of salt. I am always developing my palate, and what appeals to me may be vastly different than your tastes. In addition, you may be able to pick up far more flavor than I, as I am not so practiced as many of the BOTLs around here. I encourage you not to let my opinion discourage you from expanding your own palate and making your own judgments. These reviews are really just for my own amusement! lol

Mystery Cigar B

Pre-light:
    This appears to be a beautiful box-pressed robusto, though more 'rectangular' than square. A dark chocolate colored wrapper, combined with an intoxicating nose of cedar and mocha notes, leads me to believe that the wrapper leaf is maduro – I am still learning to differentiate these by taste, however, so I do not hold to this strongly. By “mocha”, I mean that while I'm noticing both coffee and chocolate, they are quite blended, versus being distinct separate flavors. Licking the cap gives a bit of a bitterness, making me think of very dark chocolate. Wrapper is very attractive, giving a seamless appearance to the stick. The draw smooth, and brings some great flavors of very dark chocolate.

Light:
    I'm happy to see that this cigar has lit up quite nicely, and the first few puffs bring some great flavors. Cedar is the most prominent, but I'm picking up a little of the dark chocolate again. The finish is a very smooth pepper – makes me think of white pepper, versus black pepper; quite enjoyable. The draw is a bit on the loose side, but not uncomfortably so – it does not take much of a puff to get a load of smoke.

1st Third:
    Making my way through the first third, and I'm a little disappointed to see some burn issues. We'll see how these pan out through the stick. The light gray ash is very tight for the most part, only a small amount of flaking. A few minutes later, the burn issue has corrected itself. Not really getting a lot of flavor in the first third, but the finish remains the same smooth pepper. First third remained uninteresting all the way through – it was not unenjoyable, but there just wasn't anything of note.

2nd Third:
    The second third has brought back some faint notes of coffee again, but this is far from a flavor-bomb of a stick as far as my palate goes. (Note: I write this review as I'm smoking, so you will read changes at the same pace that I find them.) I stand corrected – making my way further into the 2nd , the flavors have just opened up and I get a smooth wash of mocha again. Still not a flavor bomb, but it's nice to pick up some complexity. Since the first correction, burn issues have been non-existent and it remains sharp. The ash holds together nicely, not flaking off even though I'm outside and catching an occasional breeze. I've found that this is pretty typical of box-pressed cigars. Only downside to this stick is that I'm catching a bit of...ammonia? Might be a fresh stick. As I'm making my way towards the end of the 2nd third, the ammonia is starting to nauseate me. It's not the body, which I would say is pretty mild (mild-medium at best), so I'm starting to think more that this is a fresh stick.

Final Third:
    As for the final third, I'm trying to make my way through it. I can barely detect some of the residual flavors in the background of the stick, but they're really being washed out by the ammonia. At this point, I quite regretfully have to put the stick down with an inch and half to go. The nausea feeling wouldn't go away, and it was really really ruining the enjoyment.

Conclusion:
    I ended up rather liking this stick. I wrote it off a bit too early in the first third, even though I try to avoid judgments so early. The first third was enjoyable, with a smooth white pepper finish, and the second third really brought the complexity to the stick. The nauseating feeling definitely put a damper on the smoke, but with sufficient rest and age I think this would be a great stick. I would rate this at a 3.

My guess would be a Romeo y Julieta Viejo robusto....? And how old is this stick amigo?

Photobucket
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    I rather liked this opportunity to continue the brand-unbiased reviews, so I decided to do the same with Mystery Cigar B. For those of you who read my last review: Please take my reviews with a solid grain of salt. I am always developing my palate, and what appeals to me may be vastly different than your tastes. In addition, you may be able to pick up far more flavor than I, as I am not so practiced as many of the BOTLs around here. I encourage you not to let my opinion discourage you from expanding your own palate and making your own judgments. These reviews are really just for my own amusement! lol

Mystery Cigar B

Pre-light:
    This appears to be a beautiful box-pressed robusto, though more 'rectangular' than square. A dark chocolate colored wrapper, combined with an intoxicating nose of cedar and mocha notes, leads me to believe that the wrapper leaf is maduro – I am still learning to differentiate these by taste, however, so I do not hold to this strongly. By “mocha”, I mean that while I'm noticing both coffee and chocolate, they are quite blended, versus being distinct separate flavors. Licking the cap gives a bit of a bitterness, making me think of very dark chocolate. Wrapper is very attractive, giving a seamless appearance to the stick. The draw smooth, and brings some great flavors of very dark chocolate.

Light:
    I'm happy to see that this cigar has lit up quite nicely, and the first few puffs bring some great flavors. Cedar is the most prominent, but I'm picking up a little of the dark chocolate again. The finish is a very smooth pepper – makes me think of white pepper, versus black pepper; quite enjoyable. The draw is a bit on the loose side, but not uncomfortably so – it does not take much of a puff to get a load of smoke.

1st Third:
    Making my way through the first third, and I'm a little disappointed to see some burn issues. We'll see how these pan out through the stick. The light gray ash is very tight for the most part, only a small amount of flaking. A few minutes later, the burn issue has corrected itself. Not really getting a lot of flavor in the first third, but the finish remains the same smooth pepper. First third remained uninteresting all the way through – it was not unenjoyable, but there just wasn't anything of note.

2nd Third:
    The second third has brought back some faint notes of coffee again, but this is far from a flavor-bomb of a stick as far as my palate goes. (Note: I write this review as I'm smoking, so you will read changes at the same pace that I find them.) I stand corrected – making my way further into the 2nd , the flavors have just opened up and I get a smooth wash of mocha again. Still not a flavor bomb, but it's nice to pick up some complexity. Since the first correction, burn issues have been non-existent and it remains sharp. The ash holds together nicely, not flaking off even though I'm outside and catching an occasional breeze. I've found that this is pretty typical of box-pressed cigars. Only downside to this stick is that I'm catching a bit of...ammonia? Might be a fresh stick. As I'm making my way towards the end of the 2nd third, the ammonia is starting to nauseate me. It's not the body, which I would say is pretty mild (mild-medium at best), so I'm starting to think more that this is a fresh stick.

Final Third:
    As for the final third, I'm trying to make my way through it. I can barely detect some of the residual flavors in the background of the stick, but they're really being washed out by the ammonia. At this point, I quite regretfully have to put the stick down with an inch and half to go. The nausea feeling wouldn't go away, and it was really really ruining the enjoyment.

Conclusion:
    I ended up rather liking this stick. I wrote it off a bit too early in the first third, even though I try to avoid judgments so early. The first third was enjoyable, with a smooth white pepper finish, and the second third really brought the complexity to the stick. The nauseating feeling definitely put a damper on the smoke, but with sufficient rest and age I think this would be a great stick. I would rate this at a 3.

My guess would be a Romeo y Julieta Viejo robusto....? And how old is this stick amigo?

Photobucket
    Well Hays, yet another great review. You really hit on a lot of the finer points of this cigar. The mochas, the coffees, and the pepper. I'm sorry about the nauseating ammonia taste. I've had similar experiences in the past. I've been told that it's a fermentation issue. Sometimes the aging process of tobacco can bring out some chemical tastes. Mostly, it's a subtle tang.

You smoked a Carlos Torano Exodus Gold Box-pressed Robusto which sat in my humi for about three months since I bought it. I've really enjoyed these myself.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Well Hays, yet another great review. You really hit on a lot of the finer points of this cigar. The mochas, the coffees, and the pepper. I'm sorry about the nauseating ammonia taste. I've had similar experiences in the past. I've been told that it's a fermentation issue. Sometimes the aging process of tobacco can bring out some chemical tastes. Mostly, it's a subtle tang.

You smoked a Carlos Torano Exodus Gold Box-pressed Robusto which sat in my humi for about three months since I bought it. I've really enjoyed these myself.
    Well right on. Officially the first Torano stick I've had, and I can see the attraction. I really did end up liking this stick, and no worries about the nausea - not your fault at all my friend. Ccom's description has this as a medium-full bodied stick...man, I sure as hell didn't get THAT, and I only had fish and rice for dinner so it wasn't because I was stuffed. Also had the wrapper wrong, as this has a Habano 2000 wrapper. For my generally negative experiences with habano wrappers, this easily takes the cake for the best. Thanks for the stick duderino, and I look forward to Cigar C.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    bump. where are we with this game? Are we still interested in continuing?
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    I'm still waiting for Hays' third guess..... He told me soon.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    lilwing88:
    Jdorais:
    I'm still waiting for Hays' third guess..... He told me soon.
    Yeah, he's got the new job, new schedule and new boss to deal with.
  • Options
    Mystery Cigar C

Pre-light:
    Here I have what appears to be a beautiful habano wrapped robusto. The wrapper is very well done, and the cigar has an excellent spongy firmness. Initial aroma is very pleasant, a great combination of cedars and fine tobacco – the smell I love to just inhale every time I walk into a humidor. First lick gives just a little bit of saltiness that reminds me of the cedar. It cuts very nicely, and while the draw seems a little loose right now, it brings in the cedar again. Overall, I'm excited to get this lit.

Light:
    The light went very smoothly and evenly, giving me a great start. In the first few puffs I'm not picking up a lot of flavors beyond the cedar, but I am getting some interesting pepper notes – sort of a punch of black pepper on the lips, but a really smooth pepper finish. It's not an overly spicy stick, but there's some distinct differences in the pepper notes that's keeping me interested. The initial draw was quite deceiving, as the draw is actually quite tough...I'm hoping it opens up some as I progress through the stick.

1st Third:
    The first third is pretty typical, but this stick has some excellent construction. I didn't ash it for a full inch or more, and I believe it would've held the ash for the entire 1st. The ash was pretty gray, not so much a clean white, but that's purely cosmetic as far as I'm concerned. Burn has been absolutely razor-sharp, one of the best I've seen. The draw, however, has remained tough throughout the first third, but I'm hoping it'll open up – otherwise, it really puts a damper on the experience. Flavors have been rather subtle, still picking up the cedar, but mostly just enjoying the pepper complexity.

2nd Third:
    The second third has continued the sharp burn, and I have a lot of respect for that as it really makes it easier to enjoy the stick. The draw is still tough, requiring a couple good puffs, but with that you get a mouthful of good smoke. Once again, the ash is holding very tightly, and is actually developing some cool-looking rings (due to the multiple puffs at each draw, I'm thinking). Just as a cosmetic note, the rings remind me a tree stump when you cut down the tree. Even still, I haven't picked up much beyond the cedar and peppers, but I still find it enjoyable. As I'm thinking about these pepper notes, however, it's making me reevaluate my thoughts on the wrapper; this is not what I'm used to from habanos, so my new thought is that this stick has a corojo wrapper. As I'm coming to the end of the second third, I'm getting some sweetness on the finish – I can't place it yet, but maybe it'll come to me before I finish the stick.

Final Third:
    So as I've been making my way through the final third, there's really not much to report. The burn has remained excellent, but the draw hasn't opened up at all. Unfortunately the pepper notes have been pretty absent in this third, making my interest level decrease. It came back a little at the end, but didn't really salvage the final third. Flavors have been consist at a subtle cedar, but nothing else came to my palate.

Conclusion:
    I found this stick to be pretty enjoyable, but not the most exciting. The obviously-excellent construction contributed a lot to this stick for me, as I get frustrated easily with crazy burns and have been known to put sticks down prematurely because of it. Flavors were not much to speak of – the cedar was enjoyable, but the pepper changes were the most interesting part of the stick. My first guess was a habano wrapper, but then transitioned to a corojo. This stick really didn't have the red color of the corojo, however, so I think I'm going to revert back to habano and just assume that I found one that interests me more than my previous experiences with habano wrappers. I would hesitantly place the body at a medium, but I think I may be getting a little more head spin just from the difficult draw requiring more intense pulls. All in all, I believe this stick deserves another smoke at another time and place, and would rate it at a 3.

Let's see.... I'll guess Puros Indios Viejo just for kicks...?

• Options
    Hays:
    Mystery Cigar C

Pre-light:
    Here I have what appears to be a beautiful habano wrapped robusto. The wrapper is very well done, and the cigar has an excellent spongy firmness. Initial aroma is very pleasant, a great combination of cedars and fine tobacco – the smell I love to just inhale every time I walk into a humidor. First lick gives just a little bit of saltiness that reminds me of the cedar. It cuts very nicely, and while the draw seems a little loose right now, it brings in the cedar again. Overall, I'm excited to get this lit.

Light:
    The light went very smoothly and evenly, giving me a great start. In the first few puffs I'm not picking up a lot of flavors beyond the cedar, but I am getting some interesting pepper notes – sort of a punch of black pepper on the lips, but a really smooth pepper finish. It's not an overly spicy stick, but there's some distinct differences in the pepper notes that's keeping me interested. The initial draw was quite deceiving, as the draw is actually quite tough...I'm hoping it opens up some as I progress through the stick.

1st Third:
    The first third is pretty typical, but this stick has some excellent construction. I didn't ash it for a full inch or more, and I believe it would've held the ash for the entire 1st. The ash was pretty gray, not so much a clean white, but that's purely cosmetic as far as I'm concerned. Burn has been absolutely razor-sharp, one of the best I've seen. The draw, however, has remained tough throughout the first third, but I'm hoping it'll open up – otherwise, it really puts a damper on the experience. Flavors have been rather subtle, still picking up the cedar, but mostly just enjoying the pepper complexity.

2nd Third:
    The second third has continued the sharp burn, and I have a lot of respect for that as it really makes it easier to enjoy the stick. The draw is still tough, requiring a couple good puffs, but with that you get a mouthful of good smoke. Once again, the ash is holding very tightly, and is actually developing some cool-looking rings (due to the multiple puffs at each draw, I'm thinking). Just as a cosmetic note, the rings remind me a tree stump when you cut down the tree. Even still, I haven't picked up much beyond the cedar and peppers, but I still find it enjoyable. As I'm thinking about these pepper notes, however, it's making me reevaluate my thoughts on the wrapper; this is not what I'm used to from habanos, so my new thought is that this stick has a corojo wrapper. As I'm coming to the end of the second third, I'm getting some sweetness on the finish – I can't place it yet, but maybe it'll come to me before I finish the stick.

Final Third:
    So as I've been making my way through the final third, there's really not much to report. The burn has remained excellent, but the draw hasn't opened up at all. Unfortunately the pepper notes have been pretty absent in this third, making my interest level decrease. It came back a little at the end, but didn't really salvage the final third. Flavors have been consist at a subtle cedar, but nothing else came to my palate.

Conclusion:
    I found this stick to be pretty enjoyable, but not the most exciting. The obviously-excellent construction contributed a lot to this stick for me, as I get frustrated easily with crazy burns and have been known to put sticks down prematurely because of it. Flavors were not much to speak of – the cedar was enjoyable, but the pepper changes were the most interesting part of the stick. My first guess was a habano wrapper, but then transitioned to a corojo. This stick really didn't have the red color of the corojo, however, so I think I'm going to revert back to habano and just assume that I found one that interests me more than my previous experiences with habano wrappers. I would hesitantly place the body at a medium, but I think I may be getting a little more head spin just from the difficult draw requiring more intense pulls. All in all, I believe this stick deserves another smoke at another time and place, and would rate it at a 3.

Let's see.... I'll guess Puros Indios Viejo just for kicks...?
    Nice review again, Hays. Seems like this was the best of the three I sent you. Well, you were close this time. As I was reading your review, I thought you were gonna nail the guess. But it was a CAO Gold Robusto.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    After reading Hays' review, I need to up my game before getting in on this. Great reviews, Hays.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    sightunseen:
    After reading Hays' review, I need to up my game before getting in on this. Great reviews, Hays.
    I enjoy it when guys actually review their mystery sticks. Makes it a lot more fun.
  • Options
    A ha!! I was hoping that you had sent one I'd had before! I was really curious to see if I'd recognize it from taste alone - it appears not in this case. It has been a few months since my last CAO Gold, and my tastes have definitely progressed... I think that may have played a part in it.

Well, thank you very much Wing for putting up the game. It has been a lot of fun having the opportunity to smoke mystery sticks and review them. So I believe the question is now...

Who would like to be the next Mystery Cigar Contestant?

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Jetmech_63:
    I got an idea from the Black Band Project. This game would work like PIF but you send someone 3 cigars, without bands, marked A, B and C. The recieving person smokes them and reviews them, trying to guess what they are. After all 3 are smoked and reviewed the sender posts what A, B and C were. That way we rely completley on our palate(which this is a good opportunity to develop) and no brand hype. This way a "highly rated" cigar can be called a bag of ass or a cheap stick an awesome smoke. Only kicker is the recieving person would have to be willing to smoke all 3 within a few days of reciept, humidified shipping would be appreciated. Whats everyone think? If i get a few people interested i'll start things off on Saturday? Good idea?
    Im down with the next one if its open!
  • Options
    Hays:
    A ha!! I was hoping that you had sent one I'd had before! I was really curious to see if I'd recognize it from taste alone - it appears not in this case. It has been a few months since my last CAO Gold, and my tastes have definitely progressed... I think that may have played a part in it.

Well, thank you very much Wing for putting up the game. It has been a lot of fun having the opportunity to smoke mystery sticks and review them. So I believe the question is now...

Who would like to be the next Mystery Cigar Contestant?
    Im down with the next one if its open!
  • Options
    So, Oz grabbed this up, and i've already gotten the sticks to him. Up to him now!

• Options
    Hays:
    So, Oz grabbed this up, and i've already gotten the sticks to him. Up to him now!
    Hays Doesn't Mess around! He and I had already planned on meeting at the Local B&M today to meet and have a Cigar, I wasn't prepared for what I was about to get! He brought me three A,B,C, Cigars to smoke and review plus a 3 pack of Cigars i haven't yet had...... What a Guy! LOL My Wife now says we are all Officially Nuts! I cant wait to Get into that first Mystery Stick but That wil have to wait for the weekend due to Dental work Im getting done tommarow.. Then Ill be on! Thanks ( I think) Hays! LOL
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Hays:
    Hays Doesn't Mess around! He and I had already planned on meeting at the Local B&M today to meet and have a Cigar, I wasn't prepared for what I was about to get! He brought me three A,B,C, Cigars to smoke and review plus a 3 pack of Cigars i haven't yet had...... What a Guy! LOL My Wife now says we are all Officially Nuts! I cant wait to Get into that first Mystery Stick but That wil have to wait for the weekend due to Dental work Im getting done tommarow.. Then Ill be on! Thanks ( I think) Hays! LOL
    What kind of dental work you getting done OZ? I hate it when they num your gums & your whole face feels funny.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Hays:
    What kind of dental work you getting done OZ? I hate it when they num your gums & your whole face feels funny.
    I got a deep root cleaning,, Numbed my whole face two seperate times, now going for a crown and a filling in 2 weeks that really screws up your cigar smoking! LOL
  • Options
    Hays:
    On my way out to the garage to Review Mystery Cigar no. 1 A STay Tuned for the review!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    keep us posted oz
  • Options
    Hays:
    Alright Guys, I'm new to the Game and Blessed to Be in the Neighborhood that Hays Lives in. He and I got together At the Very Cool B&M in our Area and had a Smoke and Got a Lesson from an old timer and enjoyed an afternoon In the Cigar Lounge. When I arrived he informed me that i was next in the Mystery Stick Game for my Post and he handed me a Nice Package with 3 Mystery Sticks and some other goodies ! Great Stuff, being a Novice and Not really trying hundreds of different brands and styles i am not sure what I can Bring to the Game, But Ill try. Ok Cigar A Opening the Wrapper I find a well constructed Rubusto Cigar with What I would consider a Connecticut Wrapper nice viens and a well wrapped Cap. Kind of a leathery Mild taste to the Tongue. a Nice Cut on the cap to start, It lit well, and I was off the first blast was a surprise of Pepper and woodiness..... I thought OH HELL this is going to be a KILLER....... the first inch or so was spicy and flavorful and i noticed a quick mellowing and the Draw was very tight but the burn was good with good thick rich smoke. As i continued on the stick It mellowed considerably and was a very pleasant mild smoke , if only the draw were a bit looser. I kicked back and enjoyed this stick while chatting back and fourth with some other BOTL on our Blackberry Chat room.........before I knew it I was Playing taps and the This Smoke was over......... I think I have had one of trhese before and I would more than Likely Have a few for everyday type Smokes. I am going to guess that this stick was a Don Diego Robusto. On to Cigar B Ill be off to Monterey Bay for the weekend and i will try and test another one the first of the week when I can Sit down and enjoy it ! Have a Great Weekend Guys!
  • Options
    Great review dude! Got the stick wrong, but I toldja it's a total gimme so gimme one more guess before I tell ya...

• Options
    Alrighty fine... It's a CAO Gold robusto! I knew you'd read my reviews of my own mystery sticks, that's why I said it was a gimme! Lol good effort though

• Options
    Hays:
    Alrighty fine... It's a CAO Gold robusto! I knew you'd read my reviews of my own mystery sticks, that's why I said it was a gimme! Lol good effort though
    I was just about to make my second guess and it would have been wrong also......Then I saw you told.. CAO Gold Rubsuto... Seems i was closer than I thought! LOL Thanks Has On to Round 2 this weekend!
  • Options
    Ok Guys this is My second Review on the Mystery Stick Game. This is Cigar B that I received from Our BOTL Hays, This cigar had no Cello Wrapper, just a band that had a B on it. This cigar feels like a piece of Rebar its so Heavy..... Great Dark Rich Color well constructed really a Great Looking Cigar with a Well wrapped Cap. The foot is Tight and clean. a couple of light tastes of the wrapper before i began the light told me thius was going to be a Spice Bomb... hints of Spice , pepper and cedar and this was an early morning Cigar for me..... UH OH! LOL I rolled the foot around the Torch for a nice even light then hit it with some flame and we are off ........ the first draw was excellent and hit the tongue and the back of my through Like a Hot wing at Hooters! the first 1/4 of this stick was developing a wide range of flavors to me, cedar and some pepper but the leather and wood was taking over with just hints of the cedar at the 1/2 way point nice ash , but the stick seemed a bit dry..... then the flavors and the smoke began to roll and I AM LOVING THIS CIGAR! The Draw stayed consistent no touch ups needed, and i found the final third of this cigar just about as good as it gets for me .. at least early in the morning with a great cup of Sumatra..... I want more... then its over. The aroma was awesome and the after taste was really telling me to remember this one! Not being a Cigar aficionado, I know what I like and what is good to me..... This is a Good one for my undeveloped Pallet.......... with little experience My guess for this Mystery Stick was at First a 5 Vegas A, But im thinking more the 5 Vegas Miami, Rubusto.... weather I am Right or Not I am Honored to be part of this exciting Game and I will be putting this cigar on my Favs so far! On to Mystery Stick C might be a few days for it, Happy Smoking Guys
  • Options
    Very nicely reviewed Oz! Just another fine example of how different palates can interpret something vastly differently. What you smoked was a Padilla Habano robusto, a stick I'm not particularly fond of, but that many others like. Glad to see that you enjoyed it brotha!

• Options
    Hays:
    Very nicely reviewed Oz! Just another fine example of how different palates can interpret something vastly differently. What you smoked was a Padilla Habano robusto, a stick I'm not particularly fond of, but that many others like. Glad to see that you enjoyed it brotha!
    Loves this cigar. A.J. Fernandez is a genius - and this stick also can be found at insane prices. I think Jeff from ccom hooked me up with a few for around $2 a piece.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Hays:
    Loves this cigar. A.J. Fernandez is a genius - and this stick also can be found at insane prices. I think Jeff from ccom hooked me up with a few for around $2 a piece.
    I smoked this stick last night for the first time and I loved it. I have one more and will let it rest for now. Good review Oz it was pretty spot on for the one that I smoked last night.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    Hays:
    I smoked this stick last night for the first time and I loved it. I have one more and will let it rest for now. Good review Oz it was pretty spot on for the one that I smoked last night.
    Well thank you for the kind words.... not much on guessing brands but I am learning Flavors! Loved this CIgar myself! If they would go in the dailey deal im all over it!
  • Options
    Daily deal? pff. The DD is for the guys who don't call in their orders. Or to remind me of sticks I am running low on, lol. Get to know your ccom reps over the phone and ask them to work some magic for you. :) Lookin forward to cigar C review!