Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

McC Deep Hollow from @NorCalR1 in my new brown Falcon stem with a Michael Morgason cob bowl on a stand from @Stubble. TYVM David and Steve.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia Flake dried to almost a crisp and stuffed into my Chacom Club tonight.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mac Baren Virgina Flake in a M. Addis.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at silver capped pipes lately. Then I get a ruler and beat my knuckles until the urge goes away. I suppose I could use a similar strategy for the BOTW thread, but there's no "add to cart" option, so I'm good with just looking.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

That was an eBay purchase from a brother from another forum who quit smoking and is selling off all his pipes. I'm surprised I wasn't outbid.

• Options
    edited April 2022

Getting a late start this morning with "Burley Morning Pipe with Coffee" with coffee in my Neal Monier Bing. It's a breezy morning and we're hoping it's warm tomorrow so the visiting family will be comfortable eating in the back yard.

• Options

Wilke Blood Red English in a rusticated XL315 Peterson system pipe from @Stubble, TYVM Steve.

• Options

Easter dinner done, most of the guests have gone home, I'm stuffed. Time for some Louisiana Flake in my small, but mighty Norm Triptow pipe.

• Options

Trying out some shredded whole leave Oriental tobacco from Prelip, North Macedonia in my clay pipe. A bit musty, a bit sour I'd say though no strong flavors have stepped forward.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sam Gawith navy flake in a Preben Holm

• Options

Fusilier’s ration in a Rossi

• Options

Your Welcome in a Stanwell

• Options

Here's a video I found comparing bulk versus pressed Balkan Supreme.

https://youtu.be/zVxhmfgqP78

• Options

I haven’t been smoking a pipe regularly for very long, but what these guys seem to be astonished by seems to me that it should be expected. From what I’ve found, any ribbon cut blend allows you to pick out the flavors of each tobacco because they are separate. When you compress the same tobaccos together the pressure applied forces the oils inside each tobacco out and allows them to blend together. That’s why you have a more cohesive flavor out of a pressed tobacco than not.

• Options
    edited April 2022

I was going to smoke Wilke PB & C in a MM Cob, but I think I'll smoke some deliciously sour WCC Off The Rails in a Maddis Dublin instead. Third pipe from the left.