Home Non Cigar Related

I hate remodeling. Post remodel stuff here

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are your new treads thick enough to cover where the old ones were or are you repainting too? Ok, stupid question, of course she’s gonna make you paint.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking good, Patrick!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice work... even better than @Jrflickster's floor!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave my floor out of this

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Edward.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

according to Kermit, those are stairs, not steps....

I look forward to slipping down those in socks when I see you next

I think he should have used one of those mitre jig thingamabobs on that trim 😂

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea and that hand rail should be longer. Just kidding, the insurance inspector said I needed to put one on our dungeon stairs, that was 5 years ago. I will do it after I fall and figure it would be a good idea.

edited September 2022

The handrail does actually need to be longer and return to the wall. I will not be doing that. The only reason I added it to begin with is due our grandmas coming over and needing help up the stairs because there was no railing and yelling at me about it. That trim has been there for years, I don’t care how the base looks.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

Either way, they came out looking pretty damn good.

edited September 2022

Thank you Rusty. I will clarify further on the railing. The stairs are perfectly to code and fixed to be correct from how they were shittily originally done. The railing I actually put thought into for function and aesthetics. I designed the railing so the bottom is recessed far enough from the wall so you can’t run into it or catch the non return. It is in a spot where a definitely shrinking no longer vertical 90 year old can perfectly reach before her foot is on the bottom stair. The pitch is one inch lower than it should be so she won’t have to try to go more vertical and be uncomfortable going up (also for the kiddos). The top is in a similar position, plus the bottom is not too far away to not be held while exiting the bottom stair. I did not do a return for two reasons.
    1. Lazy, did not want to replace both railings. The bottom was like that and there when we bought the house.
    2. I like how it functions and looks this way.

My tape measure is not broken yet.

MOW badge received.

Yeah > @Rdp77 said:

Either way, they came out looking pretty damn good.

Such a brown noser

Great work…but we all know that last sentence is all that matters.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it can’t be done with a hammer, screwdriver and a crescent wrench then it can’t be done

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yoi forgot duct tape.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.