Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fresh coat of paint

repaired & expanded deck

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. How'd you get those deck boards to curve like that?  Or is that just the result of a fish-eye or wide-angle lens?

Whichever, it all looks really nice. 
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    Very nice. How'd you get those deck boards to curve like that?  Or is that just the result of a fish-eye or wide-angle lens?

Whichever, it all looks really nice. 
    bahahah marty.  that would be cool having a curved deck, but no, it's just the picture. 
    the deck boards are dead straight.....16' long boards. 

need to clear coat the boards and railings in about a month, once the wood is nice and dried out.

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope you didn't use lowes or Home Depot wood! That crap is bad!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went out and started on the front deck/porch remodel.
    The idea was to remove the steps, disassemble the existing deck and use it for the porch deck once the porch was expanded out and closed in.

I don't know how many times I yelled "S h i t !" every time I realized the wood I pulled off was half rotten, but after a while, the wife came out and asked how bad it was. Bad.

So pretty much all the wood I had planned on using again is useless and will have to be replaced. 
    Which bites into my budget for the rest of the porch.

Now I have to get all new pressure treated wood and assemble everything and re-deck it. 

Probably $500 in wood that I had slated for "extras" in the front porch. 
    So now I'm gonna have to get creative. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always plan on spending twice as much. Then when I go over it doesn't seem as bad.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work Mark. Uh, is that a camera in the shower ceiling?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Nice work Mark. Uh, is that a camera in the shower ceiling?

He can vHerf from the comfort of his shower!  Looks great. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe any of you all want to see that. Lol. 
    No camera. I have a rain shower head stem coming out along with 2 can lights. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice job, congratulations on the work!
  • Options
    Nice work Mark
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a nice, shady place to enjoy a cigar and a libation. 

Good job, son.  B)
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No pics handy, but two years ago we remodeled the kitchen. Sliding glass door and window were replaced with hurricane proof glass so less shutters to put up if/when a storm comes. The install went good and they looked great in our stripped out kitchen. It rained that evening and I woke up to water running through the kitchen. Reinstall and we move to phase two. Strip popcorn off the ceiling and paint walls and ceiling. Then tile, then install cupboards and granite. Another set back when granite guy cracked a slab as he cut the sink. Then tried to tell the wife it was a flaw in the stone.  We thought we were clear until the fridge was delivered. It fit the custom space for it, but it was 1/4 inch larger than the doorway. Pick another fridge, counter depth and 300.00 more expensive.  Eventually it all got finished and looks great. And only $4,000.00 over budget.
    If your spouse/significant other wants to remodel your kitchen, find a house that has a kitchen she like and move.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is good that she handles the budget,otherwise that might be covered in cigar bands. LOL 
    Looking good Tony! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    It is good that she handles the budget,otherwise that might be covered in cigar bands. LOL 
    Looking good Tony! 
    Thanks!
    Around here, western cedar is plentiful, so we use it a lot for trim and stuff.
    If it doesn't rain, I have to start on the stain and paint for the deck and cedar boards.
    If it does rain, then I have to work on the interior stuff.
    I'd rather work outside, cause right now, it still has that unfinished look to it.

It was raining today and it was kind of nice to have a porch that I can actually use where it's dry. 

Boss lady picked out the door and at first I didn't think it was gonna go well, but now that it is installed, I like it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Nice work Mark! The things a guy will do to get a smoking room in the basement amaze me. Just kidding bro, wish I had that kind of talent.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that shower, man! Excellent color choices as well. Did you go with paint or wallpaper in there?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, the shower is awesome. 
    All paint. Credit for solar to the wife. She does that, I get stuck with the logistics and construction portion. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good taste + good skills = excellent.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    looks great mark @matkn293

your attention to detail, with all of the trim work & nice tile work is what puts it "over the top" IMO.  very nicely done.  

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Night time picture of my front porch getting the finishing stuff done.

Just gonna make a mental note of which place is yours.... ;)