Home General Discussion
Options

California Herf!!!

Comments

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    How long does the herf usually last (time frame)? And do you guys normally buy smokes at the place or bring them? I'm trying to make it to the next one...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Everyone starts drifting in around 11:30-12, and we usually get a good 6-7 hours in...of course there's no strict timeframe, you come and go as your schedule allows. Most times we will buy some just to support the shop, but we do bring our own as well.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    How long does the herf usually last (time frame)? And do you guys normally buy smokes at the place or bring them? I'm trying to make it to the next one...
    It usually starts when we get there and lasts until we leave, LOL. Seriously we aim to get there around noon, some earlier some a little later and leave anytime after that. I think a few of us stayed until 7:00ish last time. We normally bring our own and also try to purchase a few at the shop.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Gonna be beautiful today... heading to Temecula for a smoke or two and a burrito just for the hell of it LOL...
  • Options
    TGO:
    Gonna be beautiful today... heading to Temecula for a smoke or two and a burrito just for the hell of it LOL...
    Tim, you suck. If I didn't have plans already I would head down. The weather, as of now, isn't looking good for the 19th.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    Tim, you suck. If I didn't have plans already I would head down. The weather, as of now, isn't looking good for the 19th.
    So tempting to go down there now...
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    LOL Todd, I will still be there next week but it does seem like the weather today will be great and I didn't, after serious consideration, have anything more important to do today (more to the truth nothing that could not be put off or rescheduled LOL :)
  • Options
    TGO:
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    LOL Todd, I will still be there next week but it does seem like the weather today will be great and I didn't, after serious consideration, have anything more important to do today (more to the truth nothing that could not be put off or rescheduled LOL :)
    Well, in that case Tim, I wish you enjoyable smokes and go with the shrimp burrito. See you next week.

By the way, is it bad that I ALREADY have my cigars packed up and ready to go for then?

• Options
    Russ55:
    bandyt09:
    TGO:
    So tempting to go down there now...
    LOL Russ... exactly what I was thinking this morning :)image
  • Options
    Wow, very nice. The weather is just about perfect for a day down there.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Wow, very nice. The weather is just about perfect for a day down there.
    Yup Niko stopped by and it is baking out here... gonna have to move into the shade LOL
  • Options
    If I had seen this earlier I would have joined you out there. Perfect day for a herf.
  • Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Yup, great day to enjoy a smoke! Gonna have a nice little sunburn
  • Options
    nikostewart:
    Yup, great day to enjoy a smoke! Gonna have a nice little sunburn
    Damn Niko, thanks for the kick in the groin when I am already down. Don't start bragging about the shrimp burritos now or there maybe hell to pay next week, LOL.
  • Options
    Lol, its easy when you live less than 10min away! I could enjoy a burrito everyday ;) jk
  • Options
    nikostewart:
    Lol, its easy when you live less than 10min away! I could enjoy a burrito everyday ;) jk
    I would be 300 pounds, and broke. I'm glad there's at least 40 minutes between myself and that place.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    If I had seen this earlier I would have joined you out there. Perfect day for a herf.
    Sorry Joe it was an impulse decision and I posted on my way out the door... I will text next time :) On another note I smoked that cigar you gave me a while back... FANTASTIC! Thanks!
  • Options
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    Sorry Joe it was an impulse decision and I posted on my way out the door... I will text next time :) On another note I smoked that cigar you gave me a while back... FANTASTIC! Thanks!
    No worries Tim. I could have caught the thread earlier if I weren't so lazy and dedicated to sleeping in whenever possible. :) Glad you enjoyed it, was it the Cohiba from your pic or something else?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    No worries Tim. I could have caught the thread earlier if I weren't so lazy and dedicated to sleeping in whenever possible. :) Glad you enjoyed it, was it the Cohiba from your pic or something else?
    The Cohiba! I was waiting for a killer time to smoke it and today the stars alligned ;)
  • Options
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    The Cohiba! I was waiting for a killer time to smoke it and today the stars alligned ;)
    Awesome.
  • Options
    Rut Row... just checking out the evening news... they are indicating heavy rain (1 to 3 inches) on saturday... everything I saw before said light rain... hopefully the forecast changes later in the week :(
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Rain or shine :)
  • Options
    I think I'm going to be doing family stuff this weekend. We might be in the San Diego area though, so maybe on the way back dinner Rosa's and a short stop at the shop will be in order. It's all kind of up in the air right now though.
  • Options
    leonard:
    Rain or shine :)
    For sure.
  • Options
    Its raining, the HERF is going to be great on Saturday!
  • Options
    nikostewart:

Why then, the whole world is our humidor!

• Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    drpepperdude:
    nikostewart:

Why then, the whole world is our humidor!

Cool! No need for beads in the herfacooler.
  • Options
    So anyone need address info for the b&m?
  • Options
    Well events have conspired against me and it looks like I will be missing my first herf :( You guys have fun and hopefully I will see you Cats at the next one!
  • Options
    CeleCele Posts: 5
    b&m??